Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things i DONT miss about relationships (for Lee &others) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2005-08-25 6:31 PM
in reply to: #233885

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Things i DONT miss about relationships (for Lee &others)

Wow I wasn't going to reply to this thread but it seems catharic. So here goes:

• After a four year monogomous relationship deciding to "just stop calling," because, "I can't deal with it." It, being me asking when you were going to get a job and leave your mother's house.
  • Saying to me, "I don't think I'm good enough for you." I hate that.
  • Lying to me
  • Not calling me back when I call you. It's a simple phone call not a marriage proposal.
  • Calling me a sheep because I believe in God.
  • Not believing in anything.
  • Never calling me back and then getting angry when he calls and I'm not there.
  • Showing up on my doorstep from Oklahoma unannounced. (Stalker, long scary story)
  • Calling me at work and then screaming at me when I tell him I have to go.
  • Sleeping around on me.
  • Saying he'll take me to dinner for - FIVE YEARS - but never doing it. Why call me? Duh?
  • Calling me after 10 p.m.
  • Sleeping around on me (hate that one)
  • Having to say no to sex all the time cause hey I think it really should be shared with someone special preferably someone I'm married to.
  • Feeling helpless because I can't communicate how miserable I feel because I'm so afraid that no man will like me. (Ooops that is going into issue territory)
  • Silence - I'd rather you send me a Dear John letter than not talk at all.
  • Not feeling safe.
  • Lack of commuication.
  • Having to avert aggressive sexual advances. All the time. It's disgusting. I hate it but I feel helpless.
  • Him being constantly depressed - I don't understand depression.
  • Lack of action.
  • Lack of strength (not to be confused with showing weakness).
  • Lack of direction.
  • Lack of conviction.
  • Being in love but not really liking them.

2005-08-25 6:39 PM
in reply to: #234084

User image

Pro
Evanston,
infosteward - 2005-08-25 6:31 PM

li>
  • Saying to me, "I don't think I'm good enough for you." I hate that

• oooh, I *HATE* that one! Worst break-up line ever. Variant: "you deserve someone better than me..."

2005-08-25 6:53 PM

User image

Master
    Michigan
    The talking
    2005-08-25 9:22 PM

User image

The Original
    Raleigh/Durham

I just though of another one-

Someone who thinks they try and change you!

2005-08-25 9:23 PM
    in reply to: #233978

User image

The Original
    Raleigh/Durham
    himself - 2005-08-25 4:50 PM

Heh. Yeah, I can play at this game.

• No football watching. Ever.
    • Being yelled at for being 4 minutes late to pick her up and take her out for her birthday dinner, only to be followed by being yelled at for not parking in the parking spot she told me to.
    • Embarrassing me at a friend's wedding by not going out to the post-rehearsal dinner party after we'd traveled 1,000 miles to see my friends because she was mad at me and wanted to stay in the hotel room. And then ordering a $100 bottle of champagne and putting it on the room.
    • Saying she doesn't like me when I drink (odd because I'm a happy drunk) to be followed by buying me a bottle of champagne for Valentine's Day.
    • Constant comparison to her ex-fiancee.
    • Not being nice enough to my dogs.
    • Listening to complaints about money being tight, and trying to act normal after hearing about a $300 purchase on clothes, of which, half would be returned a week later which turned into $150 savings and thereby turned into needing to spend that plus an additional $150.
    • Paying for a ski vacation in Feb., a five-star resort for new year's, Tiffany's for x-mas (dumbest. move. ever. and never again) and hearing that I haven't done anything nice for her. (BTW - this is my version of save 'n splurge)
    • Did I mention no football watching? Ever?

But what makes it all worthwhile is that I'm completely over her and she can't say the same. So in my best Nelson voice: Haaaa Haaaaaa!

Wow- sounds like you had it pretty bad.  Where do you find a girl like that?  I love this thread!  It makes me realize how normal and low maintenance I am!  And btw- it sucks she wasn't nice enough to your dogs.  If I were her, I would be buying them gourmet doggie treats at the doggie boutique all the time!  That's what I do for my parents' dog back home when I visit

Edited by runnergirl28 2005-08-25 9:26 PM
    2005-08-25 10:43 PM
    in reply to: #234018

User image

Veteran
    Perth, Oz
    Cavu9 - 2005-08-26 6:28 AM

jase714 - 2005-08-25 4:01 PM -  having friends that are girls and being accused of sleeping with them - 

That says it all right there!  Why must I be sleeping with all of my friends that are girls!  jealousy is a trait that I do not deal well with!

Wow I love this thread!!

How about being in trouble for NOT thinking that he was sleeping with his friends who are girls.  I'm still trying to understand how we got into an argument because I wasn't jealous!

ohh there are soo many things I don't miss I could go on for days. I think most of my things have all been said before. .

2005-08-25 10:57 PM

Expert
    New Orleans, LA

smokeater1833 - 2005-08-25 6:53 PM The talking

I am inclined to agree here. Not having to talk to one person everyday

max - 2005-08-25 5:48 PM - Telling her politely that she doesn't have to neatly fold my underwear, but she does anyway.

It's so funny how the littlest things annoy us. Being single, if someone annoys me, I leave the situation. If you are with that someone it's not so simple.

My list:

1. Missing out on fun things, b/c SO would not want to do it.     2. Sharing control of the radio. (I have a bad habit of not being able to finish a song all the way through, ever, this drives most people crazy)     3. Don't miss people classifying us as one, we are two people, treat us as such.    

I'm sure I have more, just can't think about it right now, the other post is still on my mind, gotta go make my list there. what I do miss.....

2005-08-25 11:20 PM
    in reply to: #234041

Extreme Veteran
    Central Wisconsin
    Thanks for trying, but im not sure if im ready to start dating yet. some days i have those "all women are evil" thoughts.

citysky, thanks for your thanks.

2005-08-29 12:10 AM
    in reply to: #233896

User image

South Carolina for now.
    madkat - 2005-08-25 3:22 PM

I'm in a great relationship now, but it seems I'm still carrying a bit of baggage from my last one:

- feeling like you're walking on eggshells because the tension level is so high
    - arguing over who did the damn dishes last
    - actually, arguing over any damn thing, because it's not about the thing, it's about the power struggle, and there shouldn't be a damn power struggle in a loving, mutually respecting relationship
    - certifiably insane in-laws
    - feeling like you need to justify every little thing
    - someone cutting down your ambitions and dream to fit in their small world
    - having to worry about their whereabouts and fidelity
    - having to prop up someone else's fragile ego
    - it seems I could go on and on and on...

I will second this post except the difference is that, for me, I'm not in a great relationship.

This one fits well:
    "someone cutting down your ambitions and dream to fit in their small world" Yeah, that sounds about right.

I'll add some:

- Talking down to you cause of their own self-esteem issues and insecurities.

- Breaks into your email accounts

- Making you feel guilty over something cause they didn't get what they wanted.

- Calling you by your dad's name and telling you that you are the same. Note: My dad was never in my life and never cared. And hearing this more than once from someone you married doesn't make you feel real good.

- Telling you that she wishes you never did [insert sport here] Cause she thinks you love [insert sport here] more than her. Which was probably true at the time and definitely is now. (non-triathlon related by the way)

- Tells you that she supports you but then later down the road says, "Are you gonna fail at that too?"

Awe man, I could go on and on! I need to be single! But the little guy on the left makes it hard.

2005-08-29 6:27 AM
    in reply to: #236148

User image

Queen BTich
    Chappy - 2005-08-29 1:10 AM
    madkat - 2005-08-25 3:22 PM

I'm in a great relationship now, but it seems I'm still carrying a bit of baggage from my last one:

- feeling like you're walking on eggshells because the tension level is so high
    - arguing over who did the damn dishes last
    - actually, arguing over any damn thing, because it's not about the thing, it's about the power struggle, and there shouldn't be a damn power struggle in a loving, mutually respecting relationship
    - certifiably insane in-laws
    - feeling like you need to justify every little thing
    - someone cutting down your ambitions and dream to fit in their small world
    - having to worry about their whereabouts and fidelity
    - having to prop up someone else's fragile ego
    - it seems I could go on and on and on...

I will second this post except the difference is that, for me, I'm not in a great relationship. This one fits well: "someone cutting down your ambitions and dream to fit in their small world" Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll add some: - Talking down to you cause of their own self-esteem issues and insecurities. - Breaks into your email accounts - Making you feel guilty over something cause they didn't get what they wanted. - Calling you by your dad's name and telling you that you are the same. Note: My dad was never in my life and never cared. And hearing this more than once from someone you married doesn't make you feel real good. - Telling you that she wishes you never did [insert sport here] Cause she thinks you love [insert sport here] more than her. Which was probably true at the time and definitely is now. (non-triathlon related by the way) - Tells you that she supports you but then later down the road says, "Are you gonna fail at that too?" Awe man, I could go on and on! I need to be single! But the little guy on the left makes it hard.

I'm so sorry. That is terrible. However, I think having a dad in his life that is happy and wants to spend time with him is more important that having an unhappy dad at home with a destructive mom. Hope you figure something out.

Edited by TriComet 2005-08-29 6:27 AM
    2005-08-29 8:42 AM

User image

Champion
    Fairport, NY

Ok this thread has made me realize two things:

1- I don't bring my wife flowers often enough. She was a real catch and she's getting flowers  tonight to remind her of that.

2- I was a real catch too!

2005-08-29 8:47 AM

User image

Queen BTich

AWWWwwww....so sweet!

NOW GET OFF THIS THREAD! You see the title!

2005-08-29 6:46 PM
    in reply to: #236172

User image

South Carolina for now.
    TriComet - 2005-08-29 6:27 AM

I'm so sorry. That is terrible. However, I think having a dad in his life that is happy and wants to spend time with him is more important that having an unhappy dad at home with a destructive mom. Hope you figure something out.

Thanks TriComet, I think you are right and I get this from most of the people I talk to. I know what I need to do. Doing it though is the tough part!
    2006-01-04 3:35 PM

User image

Expert
    Olathe, KS
    Todays thread resurrection brought to you by:

Swiss Miss Instant Cocoa!

Edited by speedball 2006-01-04 3:36 PM
    2006-01-04 3:37 PM

User image

Queen BTich

LOL!

Funny bump there.

2006-01-04 4:56 PM
    in reply to: #233896

User image

Champion
    Whizzzzzlandia
    Silver member

How is it possible you were involved with my (( soon to be ex )) husband?

2006-01-04 5:04 PM
    in reply to: #234199

User image

Champion
    Whizzzzzlandia
    Silver member
    OMG, never ever trust a person who isn't nice to dogs. WTF?
    2006-01-04 5:08 PM
    in reply to: #233987

User image

Master
    The real USC, in the ghetto of LA
    jase714 - 2005-08-25 5:01 PM
    - being cheated on while youre deployed to iraq

i was goingt owait till i read them all to give my props topeople, but that one SUCKS. i think that should be a crime, cheating on a US service person while they are deployed. I had mine cheat when i was in basic. and then had the nerveto flyout to my graduation with my mom and aunt (on my tab).

best advice i ever got wwas "when you move in with a girl, buy the most expensive and comfy couch you can. you might sleep there alot." i pass it on, i love my couch.

Edited by tyrant 2006-01-04 5:13 PM
    2006-01-04 5:12 PM

User image

Champion
    Whizzzzzlandia
    Silver member

I'm in the process of getting divorced.

I'm living with a friend from work, in her crowded house, with her, her brother, her father and her daughter. She does not have an extra bedroom, so we are SHARING her king sized bed. (no, no, nothing else is going on...)

I'd rather live my own life out of laundry baskets and suitcases, and share a bed with a girl from work named Suzanne, than live with my husband in our home.

I don't miss him at all... I specifically don't miss:

• His temper
    • His utter lack of respect for me
    • His constant yelling and swearing
    • His mood swings
    • His OCD
    • His control issues
    • His money issues
    • His issues surrounding his father and his family
    • His insistence on controlling everything from the checkbook to the TV.
    • His spartan house and neat freak habits.

Oh, I could go on and on. But I won't....you get the idea. I'm lighter and happier and healthier now than I've been in a long time. I just lost 198 lbs and I don't ever intend to gain it back.

2006-01-04 5:23 PM
    in reply to: #316704

Subject: ...
    This user's post has been ignored.
    2006-01-04 5:26 PM
    in reply to: #316704

Master
    Michigan
    Whizzer - 2006-01-04 6:12 PM

I'm in the process of getting divorced.

I'm living with a friend from work, in her crowded house, with her, her brother, her father and her daughter. She does not have an extra bedroom, so we are SHARING her king sized bed. (no, no, nothing else is going on...)

I'd rather live my own life out of laundry baskets and suitcases, and share a bed with a girl from work named Suzanne, than live with my husband in our home.

I don't miss him at all... I specifically don't miss:

• His temper
    • His utter lack of respect for me
    • His constant yelling and swearing
    • His mood swings
    • His OCD
    • His control issues
    • His money issues
    • His issues surrounding his father and his family
    • His insistence on controlling everything from the checkbook to the TV.
    • His spartan house and neat freak habits.

Oh, I could go on and on. But I won't....you get the idea. I'm lighter and happier and healthier now than I've been in a long time. I just lost 198 lbs and I don't ever intend to gain it back.

What were his upsides, btw sorry you are going through this.

2006-01-04 5:39 PM

Master
    The real USC, in the ghetto of LA
    wow i was gonna keep score and give ya'll the props u all deserve, but there is way too much good stuff here.

-going from sex twice a day to nothing for six months

-then crying to me "im worried you are going to cheat with me," and getting mad when i told her that she was feeling guilty for giving me a 6 month drought.

-telling me for 3 years i cant hang out with freinds, and then she makes a new batch of freinds and is gone more nights than i see her.

-after paying for dinner (which we trade off) for 10 times in a row, having her buy ONE time, and the next time say "i bought last night."

-having her see a pay stub after a good bonus and having to hear for a month "will you buy me this, you can afford it, i saw how much you make." (of which the work i did to get that check was met with "you work too much.")

-seeing her buy deigner ($200 jeans) cloths,and then the week before Xmas crying BC she didnt have any money for christmas. then telling me, i didnt get u anything, ill take u shopping. now that im a student when i said "can you give the dough so i can buy books" getting "thats not very christmas."

-having her be late BC she had to pick up a sack, and then when we get to the resturant saying "can u pay, im broke."

-being told, "do not in anyway put me down or make me look bad in front of my family." and then having her rip me up in front of ther family.

-having her go to a USC game with her freind, and not realizing why im mad (with a male freind from HS[who still wants her], i told her i didnt want her to go without me, i like watching USC games with her [one of the FEW things i ask her to do) and having her leave me at home and say "im a USC fan, i couldnt pass up the opportunity." (which is interesting since she bacame a USC bc of my asperations of going there and an now enrolled.

-realizing i all the stuff i pay for, and realizing i could order a call girl and save money.

Edited by tyrant 2006-01-04 5:50 PM
    2006-01-05 2:47 PM

Expert
    Man I have it good...find the right person and none of these problems exist.

2006-01-05 2:50 PM

Elite
    Raleigh
    Awwww yes, why I am single...
    2006-01-05 3:03 PM

Crystal Lake, IL

Holy Cats, Whizz!  Was that a typo?  198 lbs.?  WOW WOW WOW!

I give you a lot of credit for putting yourself through what you need to do to be happy.  In the long run it will be very worth it (sounds like it already is in many ways). 

<<<btw, please don't kick me off the thread but like marmadaddy's earlier post it's flowers for Mrs. Hangloose tonight too (ok, not that he's getting her flowers too, but oh crap never mind.>>>

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things i DONT miss about relationships (for Lee &others) Rss Feed  

of 3