Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-08-25 8:28 PM
in reply to: TheClaaaw

User image

Master
Beijing
Subject: RE: Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely)
Originally posted by TheClaaaw
Originally posted by TriathletePT What is this world coming to when the True Blood thread is destroying the BB threat in terms of posts and views. A travesty I say!!!

You have a point. I watch both, but I only care about Breaking Bad. I finally discovered the BB Insider podcast. I went through the last couple episodes from season 5 part 1, then the first two 5.2 so I am caught up.

The thing about Bb is that it's so well-written there is nothing to complain about. Each character acts in a way that is believable based on what they know. There are few flaws in the show. It is dramatic masterwork.

True Blood, on the other hand, drives its own fans insane with its silliness, muddled stories and complete flip flops. But it has hot naked people, so we keep watching and getting mad. That just means more to talk about.

Well... #@$#@$. I had no idea about the naked people. Now I have to go start watching True Blood.   Thanks, Claw.

2013-08-25 10:21 PM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Oh yeah. These are vampires that totally get down with being vampires. No emo sparkly silliness.

But let's get back to BB. Walt's "confession" was a brilliant tactical maneuver which I did NOT see coming, but definitely further complicates the "Hank knows" problem. For Hank that is. And, I was glad for another major "must happen" moment in Jessie's epiphany.

2013-08-26 8:30 AM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Aaaaaaaaah.....another awesome episode last night.  Walt is sooooooo damn evil, yet so damn smart.  Somehow he found a way to really screw Hank - Amazing.  Good thing Hank is also smart and I can't wait to see how that crazy chit goes down!
2013-08-26 7:33 PM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by sbsmann Aaaaaaaaah.....another awesome episode last night.  Walt is sooooooo damn evil, yet so damn smart.  Somehow he found a way to really screw Hank - Amazing.  Good thing Hank is also smart and I can't wait to see how that crazy chit goes down!

Agreed.  When they started making the "confession," my wife said "What is he doing?"  I said "Well, if he has his confession "on record" and indicates that Hank already knows, then he'll have leverage over Hank."   Of course, I wasn't thinking nearly deviously enough.

Jesse is a huge wild card now, pretty clear that Walt is going to have to kill him... will be a very "heavy" show when it happens.

Hmm... is the ricin for Jesse, Hank, or Walt himself? 

2013-09-02 10:39 PM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by caffer
Originally posted by Boogie7247 Jesse will not flip. Top 5 show ever made...
I agree, Jesse will not flip.

New thoughts?

Is Todd's Uncle for Hank or Jesse?

4 episodes to wrap this thing up.   I'm tense just thinking about it.  

Wowza.

2013-09-03 7:51 AM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by moondawg14

New thoughts?

Wowza.

Theory on a podcast I found, is that the uncle is going to cntracted to get Jesse in to Walt alive. Walt is still convinced he can win over Jesse. Look, everyone else around is ready to kill Jesse, including Hank, if it gets the what they need. Walt is, oddly, the one person still trying to keep Jesse alive. Walt is all about family first. Jesse is not Walt's son, but in a way he is Heisenberg's son.

2013-09-03 1:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

New thoughts?

Wowza.

Yea, did not see that coming. I was really surprised by the conversation between Hank and Gomez on the patio, I didn't think Jesse would spill .... I don't think the hit is for Hank, I get the feeling that Walt is not afraid of Hank getting him...

But I can't see Walt sending Jesse on a trip to Belize either.....

If Walt and Jesse have a final confrontation does anyone think Jesse will find out that Walt watched Jane die? As far as I can recall that is the only "secret" Jesse doesn't know about.
2013-09-03 2:58 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Skyler and Jesse end up dead....and here's the theory why....

Walt takes on the "persona" of the people that he's killed....

Used to drink whiskey neat, now he gets it on the rocks (like Mike)
Gus drove a Volvo.....Walt gets a Volvo (was in the "fast forward" from the diner) - beginning of season 5
Krazy 8 (from season one) wanted his crust cut off his sandwich. Walt does that now
Walt also uses a towel for his knees when throwing up....like Gus did (Walt, however, wasn't there for that part)
In the "fast forward" scenes.....he makes "52" out of his bacon, like Skyler did for his 51st. Also....Walt is wearing a black trench like coat similar to what Jesse has worn (the beginning of season 6 when he goes back to the house to get the ricin from behind the outlet)

4 episodes left......Sunday's was slow to me, but think that it's setting up an exciting finale (at least I hope......and it doesn't end like Sopranos or Lost)

2013-09-03 3:17 PM

User image

Regular
Chicago

When Walt went into his house looking for Jesse - the tension! I could hardly stand it.

re: Walt needing Todd's uncle. I actually wonder if it's for neither Jesse nor Hank. What if it's for Skyler? She has been pretty assertive this season - I wonder if Walt is annoyed about her pushing herself into his Heisenberg decisions. And in the last ep, Walt's disgust about Skyler spying on him at Saul's and also her request to have Jesse killed. Skyler is fully a part of the Heisenberg system at this point. Maybe Walt resents that? Or maybe I'm being clouded by this ending theory that's going around.

The thing with BB is that it always surprises me, so the real answer is likely something I haven't even considered . Even last week's ep - Hank is the reason why Jesse didnt burn down the house? Didn't see that coming at all.

2013-09-03 3:24 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I

I figured I would poke some fun:  Saw this on a rerun the other night.

BTW, I'm gearing up to watch The Wire form beginning to end since everyone says it's so good.

2013-09-03 8:40 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by bradleyd3

Skyler and Jesse end up dead....and here's the theory why....

Walt takes on the "persona" of the people that he's killed....

Used to drink whiskey neat, now he gets it on the rocks (like Mike)
Gus drove a Volvo.....Walt gets a Volvo (was in the "fast forward" from the diner) - beginning of season 5
Krazy 8 (from season one) wanted his crust cut off his sandwich. Walt does that now
Walt also uses a towel for his knees when throwing up....like Gus did (Walt, however, wasn't there for that part)
In the "fast forward" scenes.....he makes "52" out of his bacon, like Skyler did for his 51st. Also....Walt is wearing a black trench like coat similar to what Jesse has worn (the beginning of season 6 when he goes back to the house to get the ricin from behind the outlet)

4 episodes left......Sunday's was slow to me, but think that it's setting up an exciting finale (at least I hope......and it doesn't end like Sopranos or Lost)

I believe the jacket from flash-forward is closer to that worn by Todd.

I think he dies the bacon because no ne is there ith him to do it for him. This doesn't mean he killed Skylar. That's just not going to happen. She is the mother of his children. It's all for nothing if he does that.

2013-09-03 8:56 PM

User image

Master
Beijing
Originally posted by bradleyd3 Skyler and Jesse end up dead....and here's the theory why.... Walt takes on the "persona" of the people that he's killed.... Used to drink whiskey neat, now he gets it on the rocks (like Mike) Gus drove a Volvo.....Walt gets a Volvo (was in the "fast forward" from the diner) - beginning of season 5 Krazy 8 (from season one) wanted his crust cut off his sandwich. Walt does that now Walt also uses a towel for his knees when throwing up....like Gus did (Walt, however, wasn't there for that part) In the "fast forward" scenes.....he makes "52" out of his bacon, like Skyler did for his 51st. Also....Walt is wearing a black trench like coat similar to what Jesse has worn (the beginning of season 6 when he goes back to the house to get the ricin from behind the outlet) 4 episodes left......Sunday's was slow to me, but think that it's setting up an exciting finale (at least I hope......and it doesn't end like Sopranos or Lost)

I believe the jacket from flash-forward is closer to that worn by Todd.

I think he dies the bacon because no ne is there ith him to do it for him. This doesn't mean he killed Skylar. That's just not going to happen. She is the mother of his children. It's all for nothing if he does that.

I dunno.  He's already WAY PAST "I'm doing this to care for my family after I'm gone."

Walt's life has become a high-speed train-wreck from which we cannot, and will not, look away.

Nothing is off the table at this point. Walt has stopped controlling the situation, and is now only reacting to events as they occur.   This series could very well end with Flynn and the baby surrounded by scorched earth. (and GPS coordinates pointing to barrels of cash.)

Hell, even that might be a little too far-fetched, as it would provide some sort of "victory" for Walt, and I don't think the show is headed in that direction.

2013-09-04 12:58 PM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI

New thoughts?

Wowza.

Theory on a podcast I found, is that the uncle is going to cntracted to get Jesse in to Walt alive. Walt is still convinced he can win over Jesse. Look, everyone else around is ready to kill Jesse, including Hank, if it gets the what they need. Walt is, oddly, the one person still trying to keep Jesse alive. Walt is all about family first. Jesse is not Walt's son, but in a way he is Heisenberg's son.

This is an interesting perspective and one I can definitely see as a possibility.  It seems Walt will never send Jesse to Belize and especially now since he knows he is walking on eggshells.  On the flip side, Jesse will be hard to contain at this point knowing Walt poisoned Brock.  I shudder to think what Jesse would do if he finds out about Jane - that would be crazy.  Right now Jesse already seems dead set on coming up with a master plan to nail and/or murder Heisenburg.  Can't wait to see how Walt thinks he will magically convince him otherwise (that is if Walt didn't make the call to Todd's Uncle to send Jesse to Belize).

Before these last episodes started I predicted to my wife that the finale will indeed be something nobody has considered.  I told her to watch that Walt would leave his family and hook-up/marry Lydia and they would continue their multi-zillion dollar business in the Czech Republic.  Seems far-fetched, but it very well might be something equally crazy.  I can't wait.

2013-09-04 1:25 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Walt is ultimately caught
Escapes prison/custody
Goes into hiding (thru Sal's guy)
Buys an M-60
Comes back to town to get ricin (neighbor Carole sees him and drops groceries.....like she can't believe that he's back)
Puts GPS coordinates in safety deposit box
Takes ricin
Uses M-60 to take out everyone except Holly
Holly gets money when she's 18

Fade to black.....

2013-09-04 1:33 PM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI

Originally posted by bradleyd3 Walt is ultimately caught Escapes prison/custody Goes into hiding (thru Sal's guy) Buys an M-60 Comes back to town to get ricin (neighbor Carole sees him and drops groceries.....like she can't believe that he's back) Puts GPS coordinates in safety deposit box Takes ricin Uses M-60 to take out everyone except Holly Holly gets money when she's 18 Fade to black.....

THAT'S awesome!

2013-09-04 3:11 PM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by sbsmann

[

Before these last episodes started I predicted to my wife that the finale will indeed be something nobody has considered.  I told her to watch that Walt would leave his family and hook-up/marry Lydia and they would continue their multi-zillion dollar business in the Czech Republic.  Seems far-fetched, but it very well might be something equally crazy.  I can't wait.

If that happens, I will buy an M-69 and send Vince Gilligan to Belize.

I agree we won't be able to predict the ending, but once revealed it will make sense. The strength of the show is in its believable narrative. We're never sure what a character does, but once we see, it fits their character, and what they know or believe to know at the time. It makes sense in hindsight. A great example is the fake confession recording fingering Hank. I never would have called it, but it makes perfect sense.

2013-09-09 7:14 AM

User image

Master
Malvern, PA
probably one of the best episodes in the entire series... hank and gomez give up or die???

2013-09-09 9:02 AM
in reply to: maxmattmick

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by maxmattmick

probably one of the best episodes in the entire series... hank and gomez give up or die???

The last 10 minutes were flippin' intense.

I just want to know what kind of gun that Gomez and Hank have.....20-25 round shotgun and at least 50 rounds from hanks 9mm. haha.

Last we saw was Jesse reaching for the car handle.....wonder what's going to happen to him.

2013-09-09 10:04 AM

User image

Master
Malvern, PA
intense was how slowly they had Uncle Jack and the boys drive up to the site... you would have thought they would be flyin'

almost like they know they're walking out of there alive

• ..and how do those guys miss Hank adn Gomez when they start firing??? They had to have the sights set on them the whole time AND they took the first shot??

• 2013-09-09 10:34 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Vine Grove, KY
    I couldn't figure out how either Hank or Gomez didn't go down in that initial onslaught. Especially Gomez since he was farther from the front of the trunk. And he then stands up and fires another 2 rounds or whatever when like 8 guys are just raining bullets. Todd's solo screen shot was one of the more hilarious faces I have seen. He looked so out of place.

Edited by TriathletePT 2013-09-09 10:34 AM
    2013-09-09 5:29 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
    The Road Back
    Gold member

2013-09-09 7:36 PM
    in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Master
    Beijing

Originally posted by TriathletePT I couldn't figure out how either Hank or Gomez didn't go down in that initial onslaught. Especially Gomez since he was farther from the front of the trunk. And he then stands up and fires another 2 rounds or whatever when like 8 guys are just raining bullets. Todd's solo screen shot was one of the more hilarious faces I have seen. He looked so out of place.

Especially because the guy who started the shooting appeared to have some sort of automatic shotgun.  How do you miss with that?

Would be interesting to have everyone run out of ammo without hitting ANYBODY, and have the thing devolve into a hand-to-hand melee.  I wouldn't put it past Vince Gilligan.

3 more episodes.  <Frank Barone>HOLY CRAP</Frank Barone>

2013-09-10 8:33 AM

User image

Expert
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I was spectating at Ironman WI Sunday night and did not get to watch the episode until last night.  That last scene ranks right up there with the likes of some of the awesome Tuco scenes or the scene with Tuco's cousins and Hank in the parking lot.  SOOOOOOO freakin intense.  I also do not see how Uncle Jack's crew didn't hit Hank and Gomey immediately.  Seemed impossible to miss. 

Jesse reaching for the door was also intriguing.  My thought is after Hank's emotional call to Marie, he will surely be shot dead in that scene.  Whoever else dies I have NO CLUE (except I know it won't be Walt).

I'm not sure I can wait until next Sunday to watch the next episode.

2013-09-10 11:05 AM

User image

Master
    Livonia, MI
    2013-09-12 6:16 AM
    in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
    The Road Back
    Gold member
    The madness continues: Better Call Saul!
    New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely) Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Breaking Bad New Season

Started by TheClaaaw
    Views: 682 Posts: 1

2011-07-29 8:07 PM TheClaaaw

Breaking Bad - Season 4

Started by mfoutz
    Views: 849 Posts: 3

2011-07-18 8:43 AM gebman

Final Season of Big Love **possible spoiler**

Started by jford2309
    Views: 644 Posts: 1

2011-01-17 2:17 PM jford2309

Breaking Bad season finale (not a spoiler)

Started by Slidell4life
    Views: 696 Posts: 3

2010-06-16 2:19 PM ratherbesnowboarding

The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by joker70
    Views: 5166 Posts: 77

2009-03-09 6:53 AM hooslisa
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : September 15, 2008
    author : lcthomas74
    comments : 0
    Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.

date : March 17, 2008
    author : BWL
    comments : 4
    Using tri training for breaking bad habits, getting healthy and gaining confidence plus a little bit of humility.
    date : February 7, 2008
    author : AMSSM
    The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : October 11, 2007
    author : Ron
    Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.
    date : September 3, 2006
    author : acbadger
    The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : October 30, 2005
    author : smeeko
    If you are able to honestly look at your routine and find the balance, you will be a happier person and a happier athlete as well.
    date : April 24, 2005
    author : AMSSM
    It sounds like your ankle has seen plenty of mileage and, by the description of your surgeon’s plan, that you have damage to the articular cartilage that caps your talus bone.

date : September 2, 2004
    author : Michael
    If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.