of 74

2021-01-13 9:03 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by juniperjen

So with you Chris, i definitely struggle when i feel like there is deprivation. So for me it's about changing my mentality about making room for the nutritious stuff and making sure that no food is actually off limits helps me a lot. 

Let's do this ... 

On a sillier front - i definitely have a 'fancy' cyclist problem at my house. My husband has a Tacx Neo trainer and i have Saris Hammer - we are definitely fortunate to have two smart trainers and we use the same tablet to run Zwift and if i am not careful, it picks up the Tacx sensors instead of the Saris - and it is 3 of them on that main page of Zwift. I did it last night where I changed one sensor thinking the others automatically did but the other two didn't and then erg mode wasn't working properly so i had to stop, re-pair the sensor and start again. 

anybody else got 'fancy' problems? 

Last night's plan to ride with a friend included the "What bike?" discussion. Road bike or fixed gear? And midway through the ride we discussed the fact that there was a gravel option that went undiscussed. I do realize I am blessed to have such options and discussions.

2021-01-13 10:45 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Pennsylvania

Wow, today I was given the opportunity to sign up for round 1 of the COVID vaccine so I signed up for Friday morning.  I gotta tell ya, it felt a lot like signing up for a big race - a bit nervous, a bit apprehensive, but knowing it is something I want to do.  I am very thankful that my workplace (a college of medicine/hospital) opened up this to all their employees after taking care of those who need it most in the system.  Do I feel a bit guilty that my older friends (65+, 70+) and my cancer-fighting friend haven't gotten theirs yet?  Most definitely, but then I reminded myself that me not getting the shot does not transfer to them getting the shot in my stead.  My workplace was given x amount of vaccines and I am fortunate enough to be included.  Thank you, Penn State Health/College of Medicine.  Thank you, science.

2021-01-13 10:51 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Bronze member
I entered my challenge info. Wt loss and daily movement. At this point, my goal is to get to be able to stand for 2 minutes, do PT (going for my first session Friday), and walk a mile straight. The standing is starting to improve. Walking isa pipe dream now, but I am expecting improvements soon.
2021-01-13 11:51 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Wow, today I was given the opportunity to sign up for round 1 of the COVID vaccine so I signed up for Friday morning.  I gotta tell ya, it felt a lot like signing up for a big race - a bit nervous, a bit apprehensive, but knowing it is something I want to do.  I am very thankful that my workplace (a college of medicine/hospital) opened up this to all their employees after taking care of those who need it most in the system.  Do I feel a bit guilty that my older friends (65+, 70+) and my cancer-fighting friend haven't gotten theirs yet?  Most definitely, but then I reminded myself that me not getting the shot does not transfer to them getting the shot in my stead.  My workplace was given x amount of vaccines and I am fortunate enough to be included.  Thank you, Penn State Health/College of Medicine.  Thank you, science.

That is fantastic!!! I cannot wait to get mine. It will be a piece of cake!
2021-01-13 12:13 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

So with you Chris, i definitely struggle when i feel like there is deprivation. So for me it's about changing my mentality about making room for the nutritious stuff and making sure that no food is actually off limits helps me a lot. 

Let's do this ... 

On a sillier front - i definitely have a 'fancy' cyclist problem at my house. My husband has a Tacx Neo trainer and i have Saris Hammer - we are definitely fortunate to have two smart trainers and we use the same tablet to run Zwift and if i am not careful, it picks up the Tacx sensors instead of the Saris - and it is 3 of them on that main page of Zwift. I did it last night where I changed one sensor thinking the others automatically did but the other two didn't and then erg mode wasn't working properly so i had to stop, re-pair the sensor and start again. 

anybody else got 'fancy' problems? 

Zwift used to pick up my Stryd (running power meter).

For the Tacx, if you unplug it, would Zwift stop looking for it?

2021-01-13 12:14 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Nice!  I'm so glad to see this!

2021-01-13 12:15 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh I entered my challenge info. Wt loss and daily movement. At this point, my goal is to get to be able to stand for 2 minutes, do PT (going for my first session Friday), and walk a mile straight. The standing is starting to improve. Walking isa pipe dream now, but I am expecting improvements soon.

Those sound like great goals!

2021-01-13 12:17 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by alaskatri

Originally posted by alaskatri Oh crikey, I didn't even know about the strava leaderboard. I'm dead last behind teddy. How often does that refresh? Monthly, weekly, a year? I'm definitely going to need to pick up my pace. A good goal in the challenge sheet is also water intake goals.

Jason, you need to work the system a bit.  The leader board only tracks swim, bike, run activities.  Mark you walks as runs to have the time count toward he leaderboard (leave them alone in BT and Garmin and elsewhere if you like). If you mark them as "runs" in Strava, it will "count" on the leader board.

Gotcha. I wanted to keep track of runs and walks separately to see where I end up on the year, so I won't bother gaming the system. Ill just have to go further to keep up with Teddy.

Personally, I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't start to bike or swim! 

LOL, he does swim but I don't so he gets no credit! Biking's a bit more of a challenge

Hmm.  Maybe we need to make a suggestion to Garmin -- multisport watch for pets.  I know that if they made it, Ann-Marie would buy it!

2021-01-13 12:30 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by alaskatri Oh crikey, I didn't even know about the strava leaderboard. I'm dead last behind teddy. How often does that refresh? Monthly, weekly, a year? I'm definitely going to need to pick up my pace. A good goal in the challenge sheet is also water intake goals.

Jason, you need to work the system a bit.  The leader board only tracks swim, bike, run activities.  Mark you walks as runs to have the time count toward he leaderboard (leave them alone in BT and Garmin and elsewhere if you like). If you mark them as "runs" in Strava, it will "count" on the leader board.

Gotcha. I wanted to keep track of runs and walks separately to see where I end up on the year, so I won't bother gaming the system. Ill just have to go further to keep up with Teddy.

Personally, I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't start to bike or swim! 

LOL, he does swim but I don't so he gets no credit! Biking's a bit more of a challenge

Hmm.  Maybe we need to make a suggestion to Garmin -- multisport watch for pets.  I know that if they made it, Ann-Marie would buy it!

i bet Zoey would have one, too.
2021-01-13 12:46 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

Dont think I haven’t thought about  attaching  my old Garmin to Teddy

2021-01-13 12:54 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

ooh, I’m jealous! I’m about to go into a meeting with 3 cops who are out and about dealing with the public most days of the week. Most of the people this group of cops contact are unmasked and do the opposite of social distancing. So, I am not thrilled with these face to face meetings. Unfortunately, for some things they are needed. Fortunately, our meeting room is large and we will mask and keep our distance. Still, I’d like the vaccine! But as our deputies haven’t even been offered it yet, my turn is probably a ways away. You are right that you getting the vaccine is not taking it away from others, so no feeling guilty! I am happy that you and others are getting it bc we need all the people vaccinated.

2021-01-13 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh I entered my challenge info. Wt loss and daily movement. At this point, my goal is to get to be able to stand for 2 minutes, do PT (going for my first session Friday), and walk a mile straight. The standing is starting to improve. Walking isa pipe dream now, but I am expecting improvements soon.

wait, did I miss what happened to cause you not to be able to stand or walk?!

2021-01-13 12:57 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Zoe always thinks that she wants to run with people -- wags her tail and acts excited when runners are around -- but when it comes to actually doing it, she's not all that interested.  Or at least not in going with me.

2021-01-13 12:58 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Teddy deserves NEW things.

2021-01-13 1:03 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Teddy deserves NEW things.

he gets to visit new emergency vets on a regular basis, that’s enough new for him!

2021-01-13 6:29 PM
in reply to: #5273965

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
I'm back if you'll have me!

NAME: Nancy

OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA: I'm on FB (but less & less as time goes by), @schwertymac on IG & on Strava.

STORY: Started triathlon in my early 40s. Many 70.3s and a sort of IM later (canceled swim), I found myself in 2020 fighting burn out (which won). I reignited my passion by taking my game completely off road, so am riding gravel & MTB now which brings me a joy that I never experienced training for a triathlon.

I sold my TT bike today, so the only triathlon in my future will be off road (maybe Xterra).

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 3 pupperonis who are the best boys ever.

Our youngest, Zink, has his own IG page (Zink the Abaco Potcake).

CURRENT TRAINING: Riding MTB or gravel every weekend; lifting weights, walking dogs after work.

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: I have 3 local sprint/oly deferals for 2021. If the races occur, I'm gifting them to a friend.

I'm signed up for Greenwood Gravel Grinder in April and am planning on riding 50 miles of single track on my 50th birthday in late May.

GOALS/OBJECTIVES/DESIRES: Fun & friendship

WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANATEE: I'm a very good enabler (Doooo Eeeet!)

2021-01-13 8:20 PM

User image

Speaking of pets, I have one huge suggestion:

Pet insurance.

Fake dog ate another foreign object and is having surgery right now. Last year's foreign object surgery and the one he had to have when the stitches leaked from his intestines would have cost $15k total. Tonight's surgery is going to be $6-10k. We "only" pay 15% of that.

I guess this is why I unretired.
2021-01-13 8:43 PM

User image

Expert

Congratulations! Michigan just opened up my group to sign up. I'm a little conflicted. There are a lot of seniors who haven't gotten theirs (way too many by choice). On the same token, I don't want to spread it or get it.
2021-01-13 10:41 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Oregon is supposed to start "Group 1B"--which includes teachers and people over 65 (or 75??) so theoretically my mom and I on January 23. Have heard nothing about how they will organize appointments or shots for seniors; I think the district is organizing it for employees. Will believe it when I see it since our county (with about 380,000 people) was somehow allocated only 100 doses this week. Starting to wonder if things might be disrupted if civil unrest gets out of hand. At least we are not in a state capital anymore!
2021-01-14 6:52 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo Speaking of pets, I have one huge suggestion: Pet insurance. Fake dog ate another foreign object and is having surgery right now. Last year's foreign object surgery and the one he had to have when the stitches leaked from his intestines would have cost $15k total. Tonight's surgery is going to be $6-10k. We "only" pay 15% of that. I guess this is why I unretired.

Oh no, i hope the surgery was uneventful!  I seriously considered getting the insurance bc Teddy's breed has a high incidence of eating socks! Thankfully, he is not a sock eater, just a sock stealer. His emergency vet visits have been for different things -like climbing and then falling out of a tree. So far those bills haven't been too bad, but i have thought maybe the insurance wouldn't have been a bad idea!

2021-01-14 8:25 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Janyne and Jim and anyone else who uses The Sufferfest, did you see the announcement of the tour stages? Holy moly! I’m scheduled to be in WNC during tour time, so I won’t get to participate in all the “fun”. Are you doing it?

2021-01-14 8:48 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Welcome back, Nancy!  Oh, I want to hear about the Greenwood Gravel Grinder -- specifically,I'd like to know what you think of the event organization.  That organizer has several events that look interesting!

Robin K-C - Ouch! I hope that he is recovering well!

Ann-Maire - ToS - I received the registration link but not the stages. It sounds like Grunter von Agony has outdone himself.  Oh, I see the YouTube link now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INQR45KQ0M&feature=youtu.be)
1. Joyride + Cobbler
2. Nine Hammers
3. Fight Club
4. Half is Easy + G.O.A.T.
5. Norway (new workout)
6. Who Dares + The Cure
7. Defender + Attacker

2021-01-14 9:21 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado

I entered my challenge info. Wt loss and daily movement. At this point, my goal is to get to be able to stand for 2 minutes, do PT (going for my first session Friday), and walk a mile straight. The standing is starting to improve. Walking isa pipe dream now, but I am expecting improvements soon.

Keep it strong! Fingers cross for a great Friday session. I am looking forward to see your progress
2021-01-14 9:26 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by glfprncs

I'm back if you'll have me!

NAME: Nancy

OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA: I'm on FB (but less & less as time goes by), @schwertymac on IG & on Strava.

STORY: Started triathlon in my early 40s. Many 70.3s and a sort of IM later (canceled swim), I found myself in 2020 fighting burn out (which won). I reignited my passion by taking my game completely off road, so am riding gravel & MTB now which brings me a joy that I never experienced training for a triathlon.

I sold my TT bike today, so the only triathlon in my future will be off road (maybe Xterra).

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 3 pupperonis who are the best boys ever.

Our youngest, Zink, has his own IG page (Zink the Abaco Potcake).

CURRENT TRAINING: Riding MTB or gravel every weekend; lifting weights, walking dogs after work.

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: I have 3 local sprint/oly deferals for 2021. If the races occur, I'm gifting them to a friend.

I'm signed up for Greenwood Gravel Grinder in April and am planning on riding 50 miles of single track on my 50th birthday in late May.

GOALS/OBJECTIVES/DESIRES: Fun & friendship

WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANATEE: I'm a very good enabler (Doooo Eeeet!)

Yay Nancy!
I have the very same feelings when I discovered MTB. It gave me the joy that road bike has never provided. Partly, because I lived in a flat area, with roads that did not provide any excitement, and you questioned wether you should keep riding or maybe Netflix and couch are not that bed after all.....
What I also like about MTB is how you can see your progress - the skills, the technique, etc. The only progress I was able to see with roadie was the increased speed.
I will stay with both bikes, as I truly want to come back to triathlon. Thankfully, I live in a more hilly area now, so the road bike adventures can be a bit more exciting, making training more interesting

Nice to see you, Nancy!
2021-01-14 9:28 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by fortissimo

Speaking of pets, I have one huge suggestion:

Pet insurance.

Fake dog ate another foreign object and is having surgery right now. Last year's foreign object surgery and the one he had to have when the stitches leaked from his intestines would have cost $15k total. Tonight's surgery is going to be $6-10k. We "only" pay 15% of that.

I guess this is why I unretired.

Oh geez... I am so sorry.... This scares me. My daughter keeps pushing for a dog, and one of the reasons is the cost of unexpected stuff, such as healthcare :/
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74