Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 50

2021-07-27 8:37 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by juniperjen

Hey Manatees! New developments over here - i just registered for Muskoka 70.3 which is now a go in Ontario after Tremblant was cancelled for September. I now have 5 weeks to go to get myself in in HIM shape which actually isn't too crazy - I just haven't swum in some time since i live in the land of lockdown which turns out to be good since we have very high vaccination rate. 

What a crazy year!!!

Glad to hear you will be able to put the training and fitness to use!

2021-07-27 8:38 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella This is the confession portion of my story. I tried to filled the old one with the compressed fix-a-flat. It continued to leak. I don't know why I did this, but I then decided to take the core out of the presta valve. The fix-a-flat shot out like Old Faithful. I of course performed this feat in my basement. Nothing in my basement went without fix-a-flat (including me) on it.
Eeek!  Hope it wasn't too difficult to get yourself and the basement cleaned up.

2021-07-27 8:39 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Hot Runner Well, still no word from IM Corp. but when I checked the tracker again I do now have a finish time and place, so apparently it was their issue. 10th in AG (out of 70 finishers) in 5:30:26. Not the best race and not the worst, but glad I at least got credit for finishing that turkey! Will work on race report soon.
Congratulations!!

2021-07-27 9:28 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Toronto

Originally posted by melbo55

Hey Manatees! New developments over here - i just registered for Muskoka 70.3 which is now a go in Ontario after Tremblant was cancelled for September. I now have 5 weeks to go to get myself in in HIM shape which actually isn't too crazy - I just haven't swum in some time since i live in the land of lockdown which turns out to be good since we have very high vaccination rate. 

What a crazy year!!!

How was Lake Placid?

2021-07-27 1:18 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by melbo55

What a crazy year!!!

How was Lake Placid?

For me: fantastic!  Biking there is second to none, IMO.  The weather suits me and the mountains, forests, and lakes call me.  As far as the IM, all the racers my friends and I were tracking finished, although my pro friend didn't have the best day.  Also, I understand there was a lot of confusion and extra miles amongst quite a few contestants with the altered run course.  They had to change the layout of all of the race including the swim because the town is tearing out the old speed skating oval and replacing it with a more current, up-to-standards version, so this affected all aspects of the race because that is where transition typically sits.

New Thread
Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 50