Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 66

2021-10-26 9:19 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!
Well....The practice went okay, but at one point a large gust of wind brought down everyone's water bottles and pool toys into the pool. And since it was a cold, blustery morning, several teammates had decided it would be a good idea to bring Venti cups of Starbucks hot coffee to practice (this is an outdoor pool, air temps in high 40's). So the coffee all ended up in the pool as well. A new kind of "Code Brown"!

2021-10-26 10:15 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by glfprncs

I just home from racing my 1st MTB race, the FATS Flowmaster 5.

It was a beautiful day, I rode within myself, PR'd a bunch of Strava segments, had a blast, and won the women over 50 age group by passing the leader in the last 1/2 mile.

Plus, my parents are in town, so my dad fixed my lawnmower and they're so fun to be around. It's been an amazing weekend and it's only 2 pm on Saturday.

YAY!!! Bring yourself up here to ride will ya?!
2021-10-26 12:11 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by glfprncs

I just home from racing my 1st MTB race, the FATS Flowmaster 5.

It was a beautiful day, I rode within myself, PR'd a bunch of Strava segments, had a blast, and won the women over 50 age group by passing the leader in the last 1/2 mile.

Plus, my parents are in town, so my dad fixed my lawnmower and they're so fun to be around. It's been an amazing weekend and it's only 2 pm on Saturday.

How fantastic!
2021-10-26 12:13 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Well....The practice went okay, but at one point a large gust of wind brought down everyone's water bottles and pool toys into the pool. And since it was a cold, blustery morning, several teammates had decided it would be a good idea to bring Venti cups of Starbucks hot coffee to practice (this is an outdoor pool, air temps in high 40's). So the coffee all ended up in the pool as well. A new kind of "Code Brown"!

Oh boy.. the coffee in the pool remind me of a comedy movie I watched in the 80s when someone throw a snickers bar into the pool, and everyone jumped out thinking it was a poop...
I'm glad to hear you at least got some practice in!
2021-10-26 3:39 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by marysia83

Originally posted by Hot Runner

Oh boy.. the coffee in the pool remind me of a comedy movie I watched in the 80s when someone throw a snickers bar into the pool, and everyone jumped out thinking it was a poop...
I'm glad to hear you at least got some practice in!

Caddyshack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM&ab_channel=pmw8000
2021-10-26 3:48 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
anyone else get the email? IMLP SOLD OUT!

I wonder how many of those people registered because IMMT didn't open yet..............
Also wonder if they've kept the numbers lower than years past. Are we really back to the days of them selling out?!

2021-10-27 7:35 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk anyone else get the email? IMLP SOLD OUT! I wonder how many of those people registered because IMMT didn't open yet.............. Also wonder if they've kept the numbers lower than years past. Are we really back to the days of them selling out?!

I don't think we aer back to those days. I think it's a partially deferral issue - some folks who were registered for 2020 have deferred to 2022, etc. 

IMCA is marked as sold out as well but really it's because then entire 2021 field was automatically deferred.  I believe in the Cali case, they paused registrations. 

That being said, IMLP was always popular and IMMT did relieve pressure from Lake Placid.

2021-10-27 8:09 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk anyone else get the email? IMLP SOLD OUT! I wonder how many of those people registered because IMMT didn't open yet.............. Also wonder if they've kept the numbers lower than years past. Are we really back to the days of them selling out?!

I don't think we aer back to those days. I think it's a partially deferral issue - some folks who were registered for 2020 have deferred to 2022, etc. 

IMCA is marked as sold out as well but really it's because then entire 2021 field was automatically deferred.  I believe in the Cali case, they paused registrations. 

That being said, IMLP was always popular and IMMT did relieve pressure from Lake Placid.

IA few races are sold out like FL, TX, and AZ (?), but I think like Janyne said a lot of that is due to all the deferrals. Another factor toward LP selling out may be the talk of it not continuing there in the future. I can't remember what the renewal ended up as - 1 more year?

2021-10-27 10:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Hot Runner Well....The practice went okay, but at one point a large gust of wind brought down everyone's water bottles and pool toys into the pool. And since it was a cold, blustery morning, several teammates had decided it would be a good idea to bring Venti cups of Starbucks hot coffee to practice (this is an outdoor pool, air temps in high 40's). So the coffee all ended up in the pool as well. A new kind of "Code Brown"!
Chuckling because this morning one of the lap swimmers (a fellow lifeguard, actually) had his Starbuck's cup by the edge of the pool along with his water bottle and all I kept thinking about is, "What if he knocks that into the pool?!" 

Does your outdoor pool stay open year round?

Edited by melbo55 2021-10-27 10:12 AM
2021-10-27 11:11 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Roswell, Georgia

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

IA few races are sold out like FL, TX, and AZ (?), but I think like Janyne said a lot of that is due to all the deferrals. Another factor toward LP selling out may be the talk of it not continuing there in the future. I can't remember what the renewal ended up as - 1 more year?

I also wonder if they are "holding" spots for all the Wisconsin and California deferral potentials. I have until Nov. 3 to make my Wisconsin deferral decision, and Lake Placid is one of my options - I know it's on the list for California folks as well. I would place bets that they "re-open" registration and "add openings" after all that is sorted out.

New Thread
Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 66