BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-11-15 9:40 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

November 13
Ann-Marie - Cades Cove Lope 10 miler

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

How did the race go, Ann-Marie?

2022-11-15 11:14 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

Racing Manatees!!!

November 13

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Ann-Marie may need extra time to type a response!

2022-11-15 11:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Racing Manatees!!!

November 13

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Ann-Marie may need extra time to type a response!

haha! I’ll give the short version- it didn’t ! The longer version is that we attempted to get to the race site, but had to turn around bc snow and ice at the higher level of Smokey mountain national park made driving dangerous! After we turned around the park actually closed the road.

2022-11-16 7:17 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Black Friday deals are starting to roll out. For the past several years, I've compiled a list of things that we need (two pairs bike shorts, Skratch, etc.) and then look for sales on those particular items. That has helped me out a lot with the oh! Something Shiny! shopping that I don't really need to engage in!

What are you in the market for?

2022-11-16 9:30 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Black Friday deals are starting to roll out. For the past several years, I've compiled a list of things that we need (two pairs bike shorts, Skratch, etc.) and then look for sales on those particular items. That has helped me out a lot with the oh! Something Shiny! shopping that I don't really need to engage in!

You are way more organized than I!  I probably need some cold weather bike clothes.

2022-11-16 9:43 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

You are way more organized than I!  I probably need some cold weather bike clothes.

Only if you plan to ride outside! Of course, if your trainer saga continues, that may be your only option!

2022-11-16 10:28 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Only if you plan to ride outside! Of course, if your trainer saga continues, that may be your only option!

lo, the "plan" is to get out on the road more this winter even when my trainer saga is over!

2022-11-16 3:35 PM

User image

Expert

I need a new watch soon. Battery life isn't what it was.
Oh and my treadmill died. There is nothing fun about a treadmill.
2022-11-16 10:02 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
New swim fins (one of mine is so cracked it almost comes off when I do dolphin kickj), goggles, maybe a new tri suit..... I'm sure I can think of some more things if I put my mind to it!
2022-11-17 8:27 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

I need a new watch soon. Battery life isn't what it was. Oh and my treadmill died. There is nothing fun about a treadmill.

I haven't seen any treadmill offers but some Garmin watch models are $100 off right now (through Nov 28).

I'm sure that DCR will have a Black Friday Deals post out soon. 

2022-11-17 8:30 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner New swim fins (one of mine is so cracked it almost comes off when I do dolphin kickj), goggles, maybe a new tri suit..... I'm sure I can think of some more things if I put my mind to it!

It sounds like Swimoutlet.com might be your friend. What brand fins are you looking for? Are you looking for fins for pool swimming or OWS?

Regarding the tri suit, if Pearl Izumi is your jam, they have a 25% off sitewide sale right now.

2022-11-17 8:33 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

lo, the "plan" is to get out on the road more this winter even when my trainer saga is over!

Are you looking for bike vests or jackets or arm warmers or winter socks???

Cambria has some sweet deals if you are willing to wade through their site.

2022-11-17 11:51 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I suppose fair is fair so I ought to share my/our list

• bike shorts (2 pair, Terry Bella?)
  • road bike gloves
  • valves that won't clog (tubeless)
  • hydroflask stuff
  • SodaStream/Drinkmate system
  • Balega run socks
  • Skratch
  • Clif Shot Bloks
  • Playstation controller (Kevin)
  • Kevin trainer shorts ([https://www.pearlizumi.com/](https://www.pearlizumi.com/) - 25% off)
2022-11-17 12:43 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I suppose fair is fair so I ought to share my/our list

• bike shorts (2 pair, Terry Bella?)
  • road bike gloves
  • valves that won't clog (tubeless)
  • hydroflask stuff
  • SodaStream/Drinkmate system
  • Balega run socks
  • Skratch
  • Clif Shot Bloks
  • Playstation controller (Kevin)
  • Kevin trainer shorts ([https://www.pearlizumi.com/](https://www.pearlizumi.com/) - 25% off)

Skratch had a big sale about a month ago, hope you were able to stock up then. I got a few things, but if they have a black Friday event will probably get more.  Love Balega run socks, so I should probably keep an eye out for those too!

Regarding what cold weather cycling gear I'm looking for - I don't really know! I'm thinking vest and maybe leg warmers.

2022-11-17 10:26 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Definitely checking out SwimOutlet. They sometimes have good deals on tri gear as well. Fins for pool swimming. I like them for drills, fly (to feel young and fast without all the effort!) and sometimes to keep up with faster lane-mates when needed. It's really random who shows up to any given practice, and sometimes I have to choose to either slow down and repeatedly lap and tap slower swimmers (which is really obnoxious if it's a distance workout), or get in a much faster lane and use the fins to keep up (without them, I'll slow down the others). Would only use them for open water if, for safety reasons, I needed to keep pace with a faster group (because no one's my pace). For some reason I'm always getting into these situations--I think I'm faster than most of the adult learn to swim folks, but slower than the ex-collegiate fish and much younger people with a swim background. The people who swim my pace are mostly like me-lifelong swimmers who were on youth and high school teams but never the stars, plus did some OWS, masters, and/or tri as adults. We probably have tons of bad habits and never find Nemo but we just keep swimming.

Now that I've read everyone else's lists, I realize I need arm warmers/coolers as well. All of mine have unravelled! And my bike/run sock collection is getting increasingly strange. (I'm wearing Thanksgiving and Christmas socks year-round, for starters, and several mismatched pairs because it seems wasteful to throw away a perfectly good sock if its mate has a hole....)
2022-11-18 5:49 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Definitely checking out SwimOutlet. They sometimes have good deals on tri gear as well. Fins for pool swimming. I like them for drills, fly (to feel young and fast without all the effort!) and sometimes to keep up with faster lane-mates when needed. It's really random who shows up to any given practice, and sometimes I have to choose to either slow down and repeatedly lap and tap slower swimmers (which is really obnoxious if it's a distance workout), or get in a much faster lane and use the fins to keep up (without them, I'll slow down the others). Would only use them for open water if, for safety reasons, I needed to keep pace with a faster group (because no one's my pace). For some reason I'm always getting into these situations--I think I'm faster than most of the adult learn to swim folks, but slower than the ex-collegiate fish and much younger people with a swim background. The people who swim my pace are mostly like me-lifelong swimmers who were on youth and high school teams but never the stars, plus did some OWS, masters, and/or tri as adults. We probably have tons of bad habits and never find Nemo but we just keep swimming. Now that I've read everyone else's lists, I realize I need arm warmers/coolers as well. All of mine have unravelled! And my bike/run sock collection is getting increasingly strange. (I'm wearing Thanksgiving and Christmas socks year-round, for starters, and several mismatched pairs because it seems wasteful to throw away a perfectly good sock if its mate has a hole....)

Arm warmers for $5  - https://cambriabike.com/products/pearl-izumi-select-thermal-lite-arm-warmer-black

Many socks from $3 or so at Cambria as well, depending on your preferences. Free shipping over $50, that's a lot of socks!

2022-11-18 7:47 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Definitely checking out SwimOutlet. They sometimes have good deals on tri gear as well. Fins for pool swimming. I like them for drills, fly (to feel young and fast without all the effort!) and sometimes to keep up with faster lane-mates when needed. It's really random who shows up to any given practice, and sometimes I have to choose to either slow down and repeatedly lap and tap slower swimmers (which is really obnoxious if it's a distance workout), or get in a much faster lane and use the fins to keep up (without them, I'll slow down the others). Would only use them for open water if, for safety reasons, I needed to keep pace with a faster group (because no one's my pace). For some reason I'm always getting into these situations--I think I'm faster than most of the adult learn to swim folks, but slower than the ex-collegiate fish and much younger people with a swim background. The people who swim my pace are mostly like me-lifelong swimmers who were on youth and high school teams but never the stars, plus did some OWS, masters, and/or tri as adults. We probably have tons of bad habits and never find Nemo but we just keep swimming. Now that I've read everyone else's lists, I realize I need arm warmers/coolers as well. All of mine have unravelled! And my bike/run sock collection is getting increasingly strange. (I'm wearing Thanksgiving and Christmas socks year-round, for starters, and several mismatched pairs because it seems wasteful to throw away a perfectly good sock if its mate has a hole....)

Zoot has a 40% sale going on now. Not a ton of their stuff, but i did just pick up a vest and leg warmers for about $50. They have arm warmers and socks, but they are unisex (like the leg warmers) so  looking at the fit guide is important.

Arm warmers for $5  - https://cambriabike.com/products/pearl-izumi-select-thermal-lite-arm-warmer-black

Many socks from $3 or so at Cambria as well, depending on your preferences. Free shipping over $50, that's a lot of socks!

2022-11-18 8:17 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Zoot has a 40% sale going on now. Not a ton of their stuff, but i did just pick up a vest and leg warmers for about $50. They have arm warmers and socks, but they are unisex (like the leg warmers) so  looking at the fit guide is important.

Nice find!

Defeet has a 30% off $30 sale. Their wool socks are the bomb. I use the woolie bullies for my coldest rides.

2022-11-18 9:26 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Nice find!

Defeet has a 30% off $30 sale. Their wool socks are the bomb. I use the woolie bullies for my coldest rides.

Well now Zoot has sales up to 80% on the full site, so I may have pulled the trigger too soon!

2022-11-18 9:29 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

While this is not my jam, Rouvy has 25% off for 6 months and 12 months plans

Discount Code: BLACKFRIDAY25

2022-11-21 8:41 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Great job out there, Randee!  Congrats!

2022-11-21 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

What did I miss?!

2022-11-21 9:46 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

What did I miss?!

IMAZ

(Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.51.41 AM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.51.41 AM.png (22KB - 2 downloads)
2022-11-21 9:55 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

What did I miss?!

IMAZ

Damn, that's a big miss by me! Congrats Randi!!

2022-11-21 10:00 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

What did I miss?!

IMAZ

Damn, that's a big miss by me! Congrats Randi!!

We are terrible people (hangs head in shame)

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 27292 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93