BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-02-07 2:03 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 5-6
Anne - Rockcrusher Challenge Gravel on Saturday

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

I missed this from Friday as I was up at state robotics championship with my son. It was a good time, and they did well. My son and I also got some night skiing in. First downhill ski of the season and boy did my thighs tell me about it the next couple of days. Getting old sucks.

2022-02-08 7:01 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by alaskatri

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 5-6
Anne - Rockcrusher Challenge Gravel on Saturday

I missed this from Friday as I was up at state robotics championship with my son. It was a good time, and they did well. My son and I also got some night skiing in. First downhill ski of the season and boy did my thighs tell me about it the next couple of days. Getting old sucks.
Getting old hurts, but it is better than the other option.
2022-02-08 10:43 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Originally posted by fortissimo

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by ceilidh How is everyones JoGo going?

1. It warms my heart beyond belief the Manatees are still here. THANK YOU.

2. I'll tell Jo

3. My best friend (born 6 days apart, met not long after) just moved to Alaska a few months ago. I mean, not Fairbanks, but still Alaska (with husband, two small children and a small menagerie). They chose to, and they love it. They're very active outdoorsy people and remain so in BRRRRR.

Oh, I definitely don't live up in Fairbanks. Way too cold for my blood. I'm a bit south of Anchorage. It's 15 out where I am at right now, and -28 in Fairbanks. I love hunting in the fall up there, and have taken a couple trips up there in the wintertime to see northern lights and for work that were just stupid cold. But I could not imagine living there. Glad your friends are enjoying it here. Are they up in Anchorage? We came up "for 1 year" when my daughter was a few months old, and she graduates high school in May. It definitely gets hold of you if you like the outdoors.

I noticed this phenomenon when i vacationed there - just about every guide had the same story, came on a visit and never left!

My husband's aunt lives in Homer. About 10 years ago she went on a little vacation to the area. Came home, put her ranch in Northern Colorado on the market, moved to Homer. She loves it.

My husband finally has a snow day today. Somehow a snow day for me just isn't the same anymore since I retired. Sigh.

We are about 80 miles from Homer. I've got a boat docked in the harbor down there, so we go down there pretty regularly. Although it's been a rough winter, so we haven't been down much this winter to do king salmon fishing. But we are there most weekends in the summer.

I was on vacation last week so I'm a bit behind. But we've been to Homer!! I went halibut fishing with my cousin while my husband went hiking with our friends. That trip was so great. We did a lot of touristy things like the railroad from Anchorage to Seward but some of my favorite nights were going to the Anchorage Bucs baseball games! (college league). We sat with the host families and met people from Massachusetts and all over. Some of us also ran the Mayor's marathon/half (I hurt my back so I was out).

Good memories.

HI YANTI!
2022-02-08 2:00 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

2. I'll tell Jo

3. My best friend (born 6 days apart, met not long after) just moved to Alaska a few months ago. I mean, not Fairbanks, but still Alaska (with husband, two small children and a small menagerie). They chose to, and they love it. They're very active outdoorsy people and remain so in BRRRRR.

Oh, I definitely don't live up in Fairbanks. Way too cold for my blood. I'm a bit south of Anchorage. It's 15 out where I am at right now, and -28 in Fairbanks. I love hunting in the fall up there, and have taken a couple trips up there in the wintertime to see northern lights and for work that were just stupid cold. But I could not imagine living there. Glad your friends are enjoying it here. Are they up in Anchorage? We came up "for 1 year" when my daughter was a few months old, and she graduates high school in May. It definitely gets hold of you if you like the outdoors.

I noticed this phenomenon when i vacationed there - just about every guide had the same story, came on a visit and never left!

My husband's aunt lives in Homer. About 10 years ago she went on a little vacation to the area. Came home, put her ranch in Northern Colorado on the market, moved to Homer. She loves it. My husband finally has a snow day today. Somehow a snow day for me just isn't the same anymore since I retired. Sigh.
We are about 80 miles from Homer. I've got a boat docked in the harbor down there, so we go down there pretty regularly. Although it's been a rough winter, so we haven't been down much this winter to do king salmon fishing. But we are there most weekends in the summer.
I was on vacation last week so I'm a bit behind. But we've been to Homer!! I went halibut fishing with my cousin while my husband went hiking with our friends. That trip was so great. We did a lot of touristy things like the railroad from Anchorage to Seward but some of my favorite nights were going to the Anchorage Bucs baseball games! (college league). We sat with the host families and met people from Massachusetts and all over. Some of us also ran the Mayor's marathon/half (I hurt my back so I was out). Good memories. HI YANTI!

did you go anywhere fun? 

I am off next week with the family. We are going to Mont Tremblant - we had booked it before Christmas but with Omicron and the uncertainty of schools and one of us getting it and needing to isolate we cancelled it. Now with a week to go we feel more certain so we re-booked! 

My husband really loves skiing - i am a novice and still kind of scared of it but am willing to keep trying (and maybe stay on green runs forever) so that the rest of the family can do it. I don't mind getting to go on ski vacations and Tremblant is such an excellent place to be - winter or summer. My 4-year old son (nearly 5) has a set of skiis and my husband has taken him with a harness so he thinks he can ski. But can't. So we will get him in ski school for a couple of days. It's amazing how quickly kids learn! My daughter is pretty good she did ski school for a couple of days there in 2019 and was better on the big hill than me! 

2022-02-08 7:20 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by juniperjen

2. I'll tell Jo

My husband's aunt lives in Homer. About 10 years ago she went on a little vacation to the area. Came home, put her ranch in Northern Colorado on the market, moved to Homer. She loves it. My husband finally has a snow day today. Somehow a snow day for me just isn't the same anymore since I retired. Sigh.
I was on vacation last week so I'm a bit behind. But we've been to Homer!! I went halibut fishing with my cousin while my husband went hiking with our friends. That trip was so great. We did a lot of touristy things like the railroad from Anchorage to Seward but some of my favorite nights were going to the Anchorage Bucs baseball games! (college league). We sat with the host families and met people from Massachusetts and all over. Some of us also ran the Mayor's marathon/half (I hurt my back so I was out). Good memories. HI YANTI!

did you go anywhere fun? 

I am off next week with the family. We are going to Mont Tremblant - we had booked it before Christmas but with Omicron and the uncertainty of schools and one of us getting it and needing to isolate we cancelled it. Now with a week to go we feel more certain so we re-booked! 

My husband really loves skiing - i am a novice and still kind of scared of it but am willing to keep trying (and maybe stay on green runs forever) so that the rest of the family can do it. I don't mind getting to go on ski vacations and Tremblant is such an excellent place to be - winter or summer. My 4-year old son (nearly 5) has a set of skiis and my husband has taken him with a harness so he thinks he can ski. But can't. So we will get him in ski school for a couple of days. It's amazing how quickly kids learn! My daughter is pretty good she did ski school for a couple of days there in 2019 and was better on the big hill than me! 

Funny you ask and mention skiing.... we went to Colorado to ski! We stayed at Keystone, Breckenridge and Vail. SO MUCH FUN. I'd love to ski Mont Tremblant but I'm afraid of the cold - I mean Colorado was single digits but the sun was shining and it was dry. I don't think Canada is like that. But I hear it's a great place to ski!
2022-02-09 10:52 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by juniperjen

2. I'll tell Jo

did you go anywhere fun? 

Funny you ask and mention skiing.... we went to Colorado to ski! We stayed at Keystone, Breckenridge and Vail. SO MUCH FUN. I'd love to ski Mont Tremblant but I'm afraid of the cold - I mean Colorado was single digits but the sun was shining and it was dry. I don't think Canada is like that. But I hear it's a great place to ski!

That's so great that you had a really great time! My husband loves the rockies and it is his dream for us (the family) to ski enough to make it worth the trip.

Mont Tremblant does translate to trembling mountain and does get super cold but i think we will miss the super frigid weather they had in January and it will be closer to the freezing mark - which to me is manageable. 

2022-02-11 9:35 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 12-13
No racers this week (that I know of)

2022-02-12 12:37 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 12-13
No racers this week (that I know of)

I'm racing home from Alabama! Does that count? It's going to take me as long as an Ironman.
2022-02-12 8:26 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
No racing but actually got in an outdoor bike ride today with only about an hour of really cold fog. (Temps rose from high 30's to low 50's during a 2:40 ride.) Very pretty route and I could actually see it most of the time. We've been having crazy fog here most of the week--always thick and freezing in the morning; sometimes it clears later, and sometimes it doesn't.
2022-02-13 12:48 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner No racing but actually got in an outdoor bike ride today with only about an hour of really cold fog. (Temps rose from high 30's to low 50's during a 2:40 ride.) Very pretty route and I could actually see it most of the time. We've been having crazy fog here most of the week--always thick and freezing in the morning; sometimes it clears later, and sometimes it doesn't.

Outdoor riding for the win!

2022-02-13 3:57 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by Hot Runner No racing but actually got in an outdoor bike ride today with only about an hour of really cold fog. (Temps rose from high 30's to low 50's during a 2:40 ride.) Very pretty route and I could actually see it most of the time. We've been having crazy fog here most of the week--always thick and freezing in the morning; sometimes it clears later, and sometimes it doesn't.

Outdoor riding for the win!

Definitely beats spending the day in airports.

2022-02-13 7:21 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Guessing I have spent at least a couple of months of my life in airports, all told. (Fortunately never more than about 18 hours at a single stretch, though!)
2022-02-14 6:28 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Happy Valentine's Day!  << much better to say this than happy Monday.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

This week will wrap up our JoGo Challenge. Dooo Eeeettttt!!!!!

2022-02-14 7:50 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Sorry, I was completely MIA for the GoJo Challenge!

2022-02-14 7:52 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Sorry, I was completely MIA for the GoJo Challenge!

No one can be expected to do every challenge!

2022-02-15 5:58 PM

User image

Expert
My I don't feel that old moment. I've been having foot pain for the last week. I thought it was bad shoes. I went to the doctor (actually my wife and daughter said it first). I was diagnosed with gout. My completely unfair stereo type is 75 year old alcoholic haha. In my defense. shellfish can cause it and Birmingham Al is not that far from New Orleans, and crawfish are in season. I will leave it with I ate A LOT of seafood last week, I'm talking nearly every meal (except breakfast, while I love shrimp not a fan of grits). Hopefully the medication will resolve it quickly and I can start running by the end of the week.

2022-02-15 6:19 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella My I don't feel that old moment. I've been having foot pain for the last week. I thought it was bad shoes. I went to the doctor (actually my wife and daughter said it first). I was diagnosed with gout. My completely unfair stereo type is 75 year old alcoholic haha. In my defense. shellfish can cause it and Birmingham Al is not that far from New Orleans, and crawfish are in season. I will leave it with I ate A LOT of seafood last week, I'm talking nearly every meal (except breakfast, while I love shrimp not a fan of grits). Hopefully the medication will resolve it quickly and I can start running by the end of the week.

that is a new "injury" for this group - congratulations! I don't think I would ever suspect anyone of having gout, so big kudos to your wife and daughter. When I hear "gout" my first thought is Henry VIII!  Hope it resolves soon.

2022-02-16 7:17 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella My I don't feel that old moment. I've been having foot pain for the last week. I thought it was bad shoes. I went to the doctor (actually my wife and daughter said it first). I was diagnosed with gout. My completely unfair stereo type is 75 year old alcoholic haha. In my defense. shellfish can cause it and Birmingham Al is not that far from New Orleans, and crawfish are in season. I will leave it with I ate A LOT of seafood last week, I'm talking nearly every meal (except breakfast, while I love shrimp not a fan of grits). Hopefully the medication will resolve it quickly and I can start running by the end of the week.

that is a new "injury" for this group - congratulations! I don't think I would ever suspect anyone of having gout, so big kudos to your wife and daughter. When I hear "gout" my first thought is Henry VIII!  Hope it resolves soon.

+1 What Ann-Marie said.  Way to find a new "injury" and educate us all. 

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

2022-02-16 10:49 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

I've heard gout can be quite painful.  Hope your bout with The Gout, as my gout-afflicted brother calls it, resolves quickly and doesn't return!  It sounds like it was worth it for all that authentic, local seafood!

2022-02-16 2:02 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
Originally posted by melbo55

I've heard gout can be quite painful.  Hope your bout with The Gout, as my gout-afflicted brother calls it, resolves quickly and doesn't return!  It sounds like it was worth it for all that authentic, local seafood!

It's probably bad that it took three pills to resolve it. I was concerned that I wouldn't be smart enough not to do it again, before it resolved. I don't know if I have the willpower to control myself when I'm put in this position again next year for the advance school.
2022-02-17 10:47 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarella

It's probably bad that it took three pills to resolve it. I was concerned that I wouldn't be smart enough not to do it again, before it resolved. I don't know if I have the willpower to control myself when I'm put in this position again next year for the advance school.
i wouldn't have the control. No way.

2022-02-17 6:07 PM

Hope your feeling better. I'm headed to Hawaii next week and plan on consuming large amounts of seafood. Hoping for the best.
2022-02-18 7:46 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hope your feeling better. I'm headed to Hawaii next week and plan on consuming large amounts of seafood. Hoping for the best.

I hope that you don't feel the need to support Jim by getting gout.  Please limit your support to eating seafood!

2022-02-18 7:47 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 19-20
Janyne - Run Oak Island half marathon on Saturday

2022-02-18 9:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

Feb 19-20
Janyne - Run Oak Island half marathon on Saturday

Go Janyne, race like the wind!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 29194 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93