BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-11-05 12:02 PM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)

Originally posted by Artemis

My great-grandmother was Irish.  We're Boyles (probably O'Boyle at some point).

boyle crest

We don't have a tartan, but we do have an aran pattern.  I really want to knit this one day!

sweater

^^^^ That is beautiful! I love it.

2013-11-05 12:03 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Here is my RR from the weekend: RACE REPORT

I got a pretty hopeful e-mail about the elite team too. Nothing official yet, though

WOOHOO!!!!

2013-11-05 12:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Names...

I grew up with my first name being a PITA. I like my name but it's different and Americans don't like different. It's Terresa. Sounds similar to Theresa but the second e is short. If Mom had spelled it Terressa my life may have been much easier. Instead she started calling me TJ before I can even remember.

My maiden name was Collins. It was easy and I liked that because with my first name I didn't need a difficult last name. When I got married I didn't want to change my name because I knew I'd have to start spelling both names. But DH wanted me to take his name so I did. So now when someone asks for my first and last name I just automatically start spelling both the first and last.

So my maiden name is Collins but it was changed from Kilgore some generations back to Americanize. So having my father's Scottish eyebrows is a bane in my life

My mother's maiden name is Riley. I have a picture of my grandfather wearing a blazer with the coat of arms. So having my mother's tember is also a bane in my life

My married name is Lato. DH's grandparents came over from Poland. It's not shortened, it means summer. I'm thankful not to have a "ski" name but the spelling/pronunciation is still a pain. It sounds like lotto so my children grew up with the taunting that goes with that.

ETA: so my children are Scottish/Irish/Polish/German... They're destined to be drinkers...

Edited by rrrunner 2013-11-05 12:25 PM
2013-11-05 1:28 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Surname Williamson.   Definitely Scottish and clannish.    I'm a mixture of Scotts, Irish, French, and Choctaw.    

2013-11-05 1:30 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by rrrunner

Names...

I grew up with my first name being a PITA. I like my name but it's different and Americans don't like different. It's Terresa. Sounds similar to Theresa but the second e is short. If Mom had spelled it Terressa my life may have been much easier. Instead she started calling me TJ before I can even remember.

My maiden name was Collins. It was easy and I liked that because with my first name I didn't need a difficult last name. When I got married I didn't want to change my name because I knew I'd have to start spelling both names. But DH wanted me to take his name so I did. So now when someone asks for my first and last name I just automatically start spelling both the first and last.

So my maiden name is Collins but it was changed from Kilgore some generations back to Americanize. So having my father's Scottish eyebrows is a bane in my life

My mother's maiden name is Riley. I have a picture of my grandfather wearing a blazer with the coat of arms. So having my mother's tember is also a bane in my life

My married name is Lato. DH's grandparents came over from Poland. It's not shortened, it means summer. I'm thankful not to have a "ski" name but the spelling/pronunciation is still a pain. It sounds like lotto so my children grew up with the taunting that goes with that.

ETA: so my children are Scottish/Irish/Polish/German... They're destined to be drinkers...

It's like a UN meeting at a bar. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about them fighting with themselves.

2013-11-05 1:40 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

Names...

It's like a UN meeting at a bar. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about them fighting with themselves.

DS1 had a bumper sticker that said "Irish Temper / Polish Humor", which is about right for him 

2013-11-05 1:56 PM

User image

Master

Morning Pod

7mi run done yesterday. RR finished. 3mi done this morning. Yoga...CANCELLED?!?!?!

Guess they're losing instructors. I was going 3x a week a couple of months ago. Now I only have the Wednesday class. So sad   Wonder what they require for an instructor? How long would it take to get certified?  Hmmm...

I'm going to try attaching a couple of pics from the last few weeks (Zion and Halloween), though not holding my breath it will work.

(20131027_155209.jpg)

(20131030_195652.jpg)

(20131030_200849.jpg)

(20131027_115416.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20131027_155209.jpg (65KB - 11 downloads)
20131030_195652.jpg (51KB - 7 downloads)
20131030_200849.jpg (63KB - 10 downloads)
20131027_115416.jpg (96KB - 7 downloads)
2013-11-05 2:03 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Morning Pod

7mi run done yesterday. RR finished. 3mi done this morning. Yoga...CANCELLED?!?!?!

Guess they're losing instructors. I was going 3x a week a couple of months ago. Now I only have the Wednesday class. So sad   Wonder what they require for an instructor? How long would it take to get certified?  Hmmm...

I'm going to try attaching a couple of pics from the last few weeks (Zion and Halloween), though not holding my breath it will work.

Pure. Awesome.

2013-11-05 2:05 PM

User image

Master

Morning Pod

Pure. Awesome.

x2!  "I'll catch you daddy!" 

2013-11-05 2:15 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by bcraht

Morning Pod

Pure. Awesome.

X3!
2013-11-05 2:30 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723

Morning Pod

Pure. Awesome.

X3!

That was my favourite pic too!  

2013-11-05 2:54 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Morning Pod

Adorable!!  Now go learn to be a yogi!

2013-11-05 3:00 PM

User image

Master

Morning Pod

Pure. Awesome.

Yay! They posted. Yes, she was saying "Jump, daddy. I catch you!"
2013-11-05 3:09 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Master
Originally posted by jobaxaslook at the pretty colours
Oh wow! That is dazzling! Aftermath of the re-break?
2013-11-05 3:17 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Originally posted by RichardsdrrThanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling better today, although my newly found mojo has done a runner on me again, quite unnerving when I have a 46 mile run in 11days My daughter has perked up a bit and has gone to school today. It seems to come and go on her, and it looks like we are gonna' have to deal with this for up to a year and a half. We just got to check her wee for blood presence.
Brave itty bitty. Did they prescribe fruit?
2013-11-05 3:19 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

Weight loss plan update: aaahhhh, can't believe I'm about to admit this because it isn't 100% 'me' or in line with my personal beliefs on weight loss, but is rather reflective of my frustration about my weight.

Last night I met with my friend and I will begin my weight loss program on Sunday, starting with a detox week (not mandatory, but it will help jump-start things) which should be interesting.  After that, eating is more 'normal', with logging food/exercise/sleep, etc. online for my friend/coach to see as an essential part of the program which will provide the accountability I need.  I signed on for a 12 week program, so we'll see how it goes.  What helped convince me to do the detox portion is that my friend/coach did it.  I have more credence in her for actually doing the program, ya know?  Part of the fee includes a 'detox kit' which "Contains (1) TLS® CORE, (1) Isotonix® Multivitamin without Iron (30 servings), (1) NutriClean® 7-Day Cleansing System and (1) Isotonix OPC-3® (30 servings)".  This is the part that is slightly out of line of my personal feelings about weight loss, the use of supplements even though they are all natural.  I tend to view such supplements as 'snake oil'.

Major downside of 'detox week': no strenuous physical activity, which means a week of no workouts, I guess.

2013-11-05 3:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Hey pod--Good to see all the good news; not so much the icky or bad news, but hopefully those cases will improve very soon. In my neck of the woods, I just got done with crazy busy costume time (aka October). While I did do the Cheshire suit and I completed a Black and White Ruffed Lemur suit for a coworker's daughter. Sadly, I did not do well with my Stitch suit, so I will have to continue working on it during the next year (along with other costumes I come up with ). Either way, I am trying to get back into the swing of things workout wise....plenty of motivation, but plenty more laziness. eesh. 

Mom seems to be hanging in there ok, she finished her first round of chemo (2 full week sessions over 4 weeks), with little more than hair loss being her side effects---though she is saying that it is the WORST ever--I think that I would happily lose my hair rather than everything else! In any case, I am glad she is all right. Dad is continuing cardio rehab, and doing well over all, but is frustrated as he can't do enough to continue his weight loss and recovery due to the lack of circulation in his feet (the diabetes again) ---as I know we have some med folks here, does anyone have suggestions how my dad can repair his feet? 

All in all, I can't fuss too much. Work is good, home is good, and as I was told that I HAVE to take 3 extra days off before the end of the year (personal holiday time--use it or lose it...) I found a 1/2 marathon I want to do on Nov. 24....right before the 10k I do on the 28th....hmm, early this year, I was amazed at the thought of even ATTEMPTING a 1/2...now I am happily trying to get a day off to do my 3rd 1/2 this YEAR! wow. Times change. Speaking of...I have decided that I will attempt a half ironman in 2015. (Probably Barb's Race in the Bay area nearby.)  Who'd of thunk it?!?!?

This is a picture of the daughter in the lemur suit. And yes, even in normal clothes she is ridiculously adorable.

2013-11-05 3:26 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

Weight loss plan update: aaahhhh, can't believe I'm about to admit this because it isn't 100% 'me' or in line with my personal beliefs on weight loss, but is rather reflective of my frustration about my weight.

Last night I met with my friend and I will begin my weight loss program on Sunday, starting with a detox week (not mandatory, but it will help jump-start things) which should be interesting.  After that, eating is more 'normal', with logging food/exercise/sleep, etc. online for my friend/coach to see as an essential part of the program which will provide the accountability I need.  I signed on for a 12 week program, so we'll see how it goes.  What helped convince me to do the detox portion is that my friend/coach did it.  I have more credence in her for actually doing the program, ya know?  Part of the fee includes a 'detox kit' which "Contains (1) TLS® CORE, (1) Isotonix® Multivitamin without Iron (30 servings), (1) NutriClean® 7-Day Cleansing System and (1) Isotonix OPC-3® (30 servings)".  This is the part that is slightly out of line of my personal feelings about weight loss, the use of supplements even though they are all natural.  I tend to view such supplements as 'snake oil'.

Major downside of 'detox week': no strenuous physical activity, which means a week of no workouts, I guess.

DH and I have done a detox kit that we buy at Sprouts. All natural. Doesn't necessarily create weight loss but I feel "cleaned out" after we do it. I think it's a good thing and you'll like it.

2013-11-05 3:27 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Master

Originally posted by kgore

Hey pod--Good to see all the good news; not so much the icky or bad news, but hopefully those cases will improve very soon. In my neck of the woods, I just got done with crazy busy costume time (aka October). While I did do the Cheshire suit and I completed a Black and White Ruffed Lemur suit for a coworker's daughter. Sadly, I did not do well with my Stitch suit, so I will have to continue working on it during the next year (along with other costumes I come up with ). Either way, I am trying to get back into the swing of things workout wise....plenty of motivation, but plenty more laziness. eesh. 

Mom seems to be hanging in there ok, she finished her first round of chemo (2 full week sessions over 4 weeks), with little more than hair loss being her side effects---though she is saying that it is the WORST ever--I think that I would happily lose my hair rather than everything else! In any case, I am glad she is all right. Dad is continuing cardio rehab, and doing well over all, but is frustrated as he can't do enough to continue his weight loss and recovery due to the lack of circulation in his feet (the diabetes again) ---as I know we have some med folks here, does anyone have suggestions how my dad can repair his feet? 

All in all, I can't fuss too much. Work is good, home is good, and as I was told that I HAVE to take 3 extra days off before the end of the year (personal holiday time--use it or lose it...) I found a 1/2 marathon I want to do on Nov. 24....right before the 10k I do on the 28th....hmm, early this year, I was amazed at the thought of even ATTEMPTING a 1/2...now I am happily trying to get a day off to do my 3rd 1/2 this YEAR! wow. Times change. Speaking of...I have decided that I will attempt a half ironman in 2015. (Probably Barb's Race in the Bay area nearby.)  Who'd of thunk it?!?!?

This is a picture of the daughter in the lemur suit. And yes, even in normal clothes she is ridiculously adorable.

So much awesome in there!  You have an amazing talent with creating.  My mom used to sew all my costumes (I was a smurf one year).  That little was in, indeed, adorable.  Glad to hear your folks are doing ok; can't help with your pop's feet.  And HIM!! Woooooohooooooooo.  That is awesome!

2013-11-05 3:30 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Good to hear from you! Glad Mom is doing well. (BTW, my cousin had breast cancer and willingly did a double radical so that she wouldn't have to loose her hair again). I've got no advise for Dad but glad he wants to be active.

Yay for you doing the HM and HIM!!!!!!!!!!! And lastly the costume, and the daughter are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-11-05 3:33 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

So much awesome in there!  You have an amazing talent with creating.  My mom used to sew all my costumes (I was a smurf one year).  That little was in, indeed, adorable.  Glad to hear your folks are doing ok; can't help with your pop's feet.  And HIM!! Woooooohooooooooo.  That is awesome!

Sorry to hear about your mom's hair loss - I agree with you, that would be a bit more tolerable than feeling very sick/nauseous, I think.  Wishing the best for both your mom and dad.

You truly have a talent with making costumes!  That lemur suit is adorable, made even more so by the cute little munchkin inside!

2013-11-05 3:45 PM

User image

Master

So baby girl/lemur is awesomely cute, but your last paragraph is even more awesome! GO FOR IT cuz....who'd of thunk it? 

My mom has same issue with her feet. I'll ask her if she takes/does anything for it.

2013-11-05 5:01 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

SOOOOO many adorable little ones in costs!!

2013-11-05 5:22 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Elite
Great costumes

Great names.

Poor baby.

Poor mum.

Poor Dad.

New baby!

Race reports!

All the poors get well soon.

I should get the stitches out Friday and i am straight back to the pool! i saw Coach awesomness Johnny yesterday - he was out running - OMG he is lean now - getting ready for his Arch to Arc race next August. If I'd not had the family with me i may have rugby tackled him into the bushes lol.

Arm- hurts some. Surgery was four hours, that's a lot of messing around in a small space!

I did my first run back yesterday! Zone 2 so slow but 5km done. I'm going to attempt a trainer ride tonight - arm in sling to avoid leaning on it.

2013-11-05 11:33 PM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Morning Pod

So cute!!  Totally going to catch daddy.  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.