BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2010-03-31 9:09 PM
in reply to: #2761612

User image

Champion
marietta
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED
kt65 - 2010-03-31 8:57 PM
John, the computer is hooked up to the CT and shows the ride while you are riding.  It also saves to look at later, but all the info is on the screen, with the course and elevation, etc., current speed, av. spd, distance traveled, current watts, av. watts, hr, rpms it's all there, I LOVE IT, (when I don't have my skewer end stuck in the darn thing).

THAT is what i wanted to know.  most of my processing, read time spent on bt, is on some disk somewhere.  i never watch it, many instances i don't have the option to.  so i'm thinking CT is on a disk storing data and you can watch one of the videos if you want to.

their site sucks. especially for 1700 bucks. if you buy one used what is the earliest generation that will keep up with whats currently on the market... allow you to rock some cool course videos without thinking you're playing on an old atari?

how many courses are free.  can a certain mg burn their vids and share with others.   elementary.. i know... sorry

edit.. was typing this up then read the reply's from suzy and stan.  thanks!  

Edited by fattyfatfat 2010-03-31 9:20 PM

2010-03-31 10:55 PM
in reply to: #2761416

User image

Master
SSMinnow - 2010-03-31 7:08 PM Great month for you!  I have this rule that once I start a CT file I don't want to stop it so I have yet to get off in a 3 hour ride. Not sure I can do that for 4 hours....I wish there was a way to pause the CT file so you could do your stuff, come back and start where you left off.....Grrrrr.

I have finally decided that, at home, I can get off every now and then and pretend it's a stoplight on the road. Or go to the bathroom. Or fill up water bottles. Or do many tasks I might do out and about on a long ride. I would concur that it would suck not to pause the CT. I'm actually surprised that you can't!!
2010-04-01 6:19 AM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY
Here are my march numbers...

Bike:10h 00m  - 174.6 Mi
Run:13h 40m 07s  - 100.51 Mi
Swim:8h 40m 52s  - 28950 Yd

First every 100 mile running month for me.  Also my biggest swimming month ever!

Tomorrow I am going to pick up my new bike, just in time for the warmer weather to hit NY.  That should help my bike miles!

Happy Friday everyone (for those of you that have tomorrow off!).
George

2010-04-01 6:21 AM
in reply to: #2761993

User image

Champion
marietta
gdale - 2010-04-01 6:19 AM Here are my march numbers...

Bike:10h 00m  - 174.6 Mi
Run:13h 40m 07s  - 100.51 Mi
Swim:8h 40m 52s  - 28950 Yd

First every 100 mile running month for me.  Also my biggest swimming month ever!

Tomorrow I am going to pick up my new bike, just in time for the warmer weather to hit NY.  That should help my bike miles!

Happy Friday everyone (for those of you that have tomorrow off!).
George

100 miles!  AWESOME JOB!!!  congrats on the swim to!
2010-04-01 6:47 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided I am not coming to Lonestar after all.  I am even thinking of quitting triathlon all together.............
2010-04-01 7:00 AM
in reply to: #2762022

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 7:47 AM After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided I am not coming to Lonestar after all.  I am even thinking of quitting triathlon all together.............

APRIL Fools

2010-04-01 7:06 AM

User image

Expert
Greer, SC
Man, you guys are all pulling some serious numbers.  I am so envious.  I suffered through the cold weather running outside, now is the time I should get to enjoy myself, but I guess sometimes that's the way the ball bounces. 

I tested my knee yesterday and it was pretty much what I expected.  Maybe just a little below my expectations.  I started out on the stationary bike for 15 min - felt great.  Changed the the elliptical for 15 min- felt a little discomfort in the beginning, but went away as it loosened up.  Finally the treadmill - started out with a slow walk and everything was great, picked it up to a brisk walk, still felt good, then came the jog.  A little pain with every step.  I guess the good thing was that it wasn't a "drop me to my knees pain" like it was before.  After feeling this for about 3 min, I switched to my ST workout.  Then, came back and tried it again.  Same thing.  Oh well.  After I finished, I did not have any swelling and it actually felt fine.  I am really thinking I am going to be okay with a little more rest.  I think I might go ahead with the training (going to try an hour on the trainer tonight) and incorporate aqua jogging into my workouts as run training until I can get back.  

MRI is still a go.  Hopefully one day next week.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Keep up the good work. 
2010-04-01 7:28 AM
in reply to: #2762052

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
For the CT if you hit F1 it pauses.

As for the tech, it's very old tech, but the thing is that they are pretty solid components.  There is very little different between a new on and a 10 year old one, and every part is replacable.

There are tons of free 3d courses out there, and if there is't one you are looking for you can make their own.  Keith sent me the Mooseman bike course last year to ride.

The real course video's are basically the same as the 3d ones except you are seeing are real, not cartoon graphics.

You can also ride in ERG mode which is predefined wattages for predefined distances.  Really makes you work, shifting doesn't help you since you still need to push out the same wattage to make the pedals go around.

There is also a company tha makes real erg videos's which are real footage in Erg mode, lots of people over on ST swear by them.

We have ours hooked up to a laptop, next to the TV for watchig.
2010-04-01 7:29 AM
in reply to: #2762052

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Jeepguy2358 - 2010-04-01 8:06 AM Man, you guys are all pulling some serious numbers.  I am so envious.  I suffered through the cold weather running outside, now is the time I should get to enjoy myself, but I guess sometimes that's the way the ball bounces. 

I tested my knee yesterday and it was pretty much what I expected.  Maybe just a little below my expectations.  I started out on the stationary bike for 15 min - felt great.  Changed the the elliptical for 15 min- felt a little discomfort in the beginning, but went away as it loosened up.  Finally the treadmill - started out with a slow walk and everything was great, picked it up to a brisk walk, still felt good, then came the jog.  A little pain with every step.  I guess the good thing was that it wasn't a "drop me to my knees pain" like it was before.  After feeling this for about 3 min, I switched to my ST workout.  Then, came back and tried it again.  Same thing.  Oh well.  After I finished, I did not have any swelling and it actually felt fine.  I am really thinking I am going to be okay with a little more rest.  I think I might go ahead with the training (going to try an hour on the trainer tonight) and incorporate aqua jogging into my workouts as run training until I can get back.  

MRI is still a go.  Hopefully one day next week.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Keep up the good work. 

Hope the MRI gives you some good news Chris.  Hang in tere.
2010-04-01 8:07 AM
in reply to: #2761622

User image

Elite
san francisco

SSMinnow - 2010-03-31 7:01 PM Kim--if you hit F1 and pause the ride, doesn't the "save the file" come up and then start it over without saving the file?

Not when I'm riding a course.  The only time "Save the file" option comes up is when I hit the yellow "Reset" button.  Then I hit F1 for yes to save the performance. 

But when riding those MRC files, I cannot pause the ride. 

btw, we used a needle nose plier to pop that little endpiece out.  thanks guys.

2010-04-01 8:30 AM

User image

Champion
marietta
LOL!  someone is having april fools fun with avatars. its not just kim its all over BT. 

2010-04-01 9:07 AM

User image

Expert
Missouri
Morning guys!  Here's my numbers from March:

March's totals:
Bike:5h 39m 15s  - 92.77 Mi
Run:15h 50m 51s  - 76.35 Mi
Swim:4h 52m  - 8350 M

Not bad for meSmile.  After I get past my half marathon next weekend, I'll be concentrating more on the biking so that number should go up for next month.

Today is Friday for me!  And tomorrow is actually going to be a great day weather-wise so I'll be able to get out and enjoy it.  I'm planning on my last long run before my half marathon and probably a swim to make up for this morning (I just couldn't drag my butt out of bed today).  Saturday I'm getting my bike out, cleaning it up and going for a ride!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend and good luck to anyone who might to racing!
Janet
2010-04-01 9:46 AM
in reply to: #2762202

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
kt65 - 2010-04-01 6:07 AM

SSMinnow - 2010-03-31 7:01 PM Kim--if you hit F1 and pause the ride, doesn't the "save the file" come up and then start it over without saving the file?

Not when I'm riding a course.  The only time "Save the file" option comes up is when I hit the yellow "Reset" button.  Then I hit F1 for yes to save the performance. 

But when riding those MRC files, I cannot pause the ride. 

btw, we used a needle nose plier to pop that little endpiece out.  thanks guys.

Ah... Bittersweet victory

Suzy---- I think that is the best decision you have made since you joined this sport! Wink
2010-04-01 10:33 AM

User image

Master
Sin City
Suzy - you can't fool us. :-)

Happy 2nd Anniversary of engagement to me and Roy. :-) It's a pretty funny story how it unfolded. Took me a LONG while to convince my friends and family that I was engaged.

I got an email from my coach yesterday, and it's been a while since I was sort of "criticized" at.  I emailed her and asked her to change my schedule because I had a really tough time putting in the long runs on the weekend and I kept switching over my long bike with the BLV (bike club in LV) folks or ride more than I should. I've missed more work outs in March than Feb. I kind of blame the damn cold, so I missed a couple...I do feel really bad about those.

She pretty much told me to just do it, and if she changed the schedule it will affect the rest of the week. That was the whole point of hiring a coach, to tell me what to do and when to do it.

So yeah....the volume and intensity is going up this month! :-)

I needed that, especially since I'm starting to feel like I'm a slacker.

Anyone else got coach stories like this? Roy was telling me that his track coach was really hard on him and his teammates.  I don't think my coach is that hard on me, she's just concerned about my goals and reminded me why I hired her in the first place.

Happy April Fool's Everyone!!
2010-04-01 10:58 AM
in reply to: #2762608

User image

Champion
Hey DJ: Do we have the same coach?   In off season, I can move things around. In season, not a chance because they all build on each other (or so he says).  You do hire them for a reason.  If you are hurting it is a different story.  If you're just a slacker, you gotta suck it up baby.

Birdy: You're one of my favorite people.  You know how to stick the knife in and twist it? Where would I be without you?  Oh, I know, still pondering my first HIM!

Did my first 2 hour run in shorts and a bra top today....started in the 50s and quickly climbed from there.  This is also the start of my birthday month (and that is not an April Fool's joke) so it means I can do whatever I want to all month long....not that I pretty much don't do that already.  I said it before John could.

PS. Evil coach says he definitely wants me to do the Sprint the day before the HIM which is now 100% an aquabike for me...sprint=speedwork, HIm=long training day.....

CyborgQueen - 2010-04-01 10:33 AM Suzy - you can't fool us. :-)

Happy 2nd Anniversary of engagement to me and Roy. :-) It's a pretty funny story how it unfolded. Took me a LONG while to convince my friends and family that I was engaged.

I got an email from my coach yesterday, and it's been a while since I was sort of "criticized" at.  I emailed her and asked her to change my schedule because I had a really tough time putting in the long runs on the weekend and I kept switching over my long bike with the BLV (bike club in LV) folks or ride more than I should. I've missed more work outs in March than Feb. I kind of blame the damn cold, so I missed a couple...I do feel really bad about those.

She pretty much told me to just do it, and if she changed the schedule it will affect the rest of the week. That was the whole point of hiring a coach, to tell me what to do and when to do it.

So yeah....the volume and intensity is going up this month! :-)

I needed that, especially since I'm starting to feel like I'm a slacker.

Anyone else got coach stories like this? Roy was telling me that his track coach was really hard on him and his teammates.  I don't think my coach is that hard on me, she's just concerned about my goals and reminded me why I hired her in the first place.

Happy April Fool's Everyone!!
2010-04-01 11:12 AM
in reply to: #2762022

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 4:47 AM After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided I am not coming to Lonestar after all.  I am even thinking of quitting triathlon all together.............

LOL... funny thing is I could have truthfully posted this right now. Not really thinking of QUITTING triathlon, but I am thinking I'll take a break from thinking about it for awhile. I'm going to do what I can when I can and whatever feels right for the foot. No more stressing about upcoming races or feeling pressured to get training in that I probably shouldn't be doing anyway. If my foot heals in time, I'll ramp things up carefully and give IMCDA a go, otherwise I'm letting it go.

I'll miss you all at Lonestar, but can't say I'm too disappointed to be taking my dream vacation to Maui that week. Just finalized all of our reservations!!! Hope everyone has an awesome time! (oh yeah, and this is not an April fools joke)

2010-04-01 12:01 PM

User image

Expert
B'ham
So I got punked by Weather Bug this morning.  Got up, checked the weather on my phone: 41*, partly cloudy - sounds pleasant.  Get dressed, lights, reflective vest, shoes on and open the door to pouring rain.  Stupid April Fools day. 

Trevor, Bloomsday if a fun little (50k particpants) 12k road race.  It may not happen this year as we're currently debating a trip to a warmer climate as an alternative.

2010-04-01 12:55 PM
in reply to: #2762733

User image

Champion
RoniS - 2010-04-01 11:12 AM
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 4:47 AM After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided I am not coming to Lonestar after all.  I am even thinking of quitting triathlon all together.............

LOL... funny thing is I could have truthfully posted this right now. Not really thinking of QUITTING triathlon, but I am thinking I'll take a break from thinking about it for awhile. I'm going to do what I can when I can and whatever feels right for the foot. No more stressing about upcoming races or feeling pressured to get training in that I probably shouldn't be doing anyway. If my foot heals in time, I'll ramp things up carefully and give IMCDA a go, otherwise I'm letting it go.

I'll miss you all at Lonestar, but can't say I'm too disappointed to be taking my dream vacation to Maui that week. Just finalized all of our reservations!!! Hope everyone has an awesome time! (oh yeah, and this is not an April fools joke)

Where are you staying in Maui?  It is one of my favorite places.  If you are interested, I can email you my "best things to do in Maui" doc....which includes a trip to Mama's fish house, the best on the Island.
2010-04-01 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2763209

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 10:55 AM
RoniS - 2010-04-01 11:12 AM

Where are you staying in Maui?  It is one of my favorite places.  If you are interested, I can email you my "best things to do in Maui" doc....which includes a trip to Mama's fish house, the best on the Island.

I'd love to have the doc, Suzy! We're staying the first three nights in a tree house near Hana, sort of like camping out. Then, we'll be staying 5 nights in an oceanfront condo in Lahaina. I can't wait! I've already reserved a boat and snorkeling trip to Molokini Crater, a kayak and snorkeling trip along the south shore, and a night at the Old Lahaina Luau. We also plan to visit Haleakala Crater, several hiking trips (hopefully), and lots of ocean swimming and beach hopping, whew! Am I missing anything?
2010-04-01 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2762976

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
cadmus - 2010-04-01 10:01 AM So I got punked by Weather Bug this morning.  Got up, checked the weather on my phone: 41*, partly cloudy - sounds pleasant.  Get dressed, lights, reflective vest, shoes on and open the door to pouring rain.  Stupid April Fools day. 

Trevor, Bloomsday if a fun little (50k particpants) 12k road race.  It may not happen this year as we're currently debating a trip to a warmer climate as an alternative.

Good to see you back, Matt! Sorry about the rain. I say go somewhere warm.
2010-04-01 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2763293

User image

Champion
marietta
RoniS - 2010-04-01 1:22 PM Am I missing anything?

me

2010-04-01 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2763293

User image

Expert
B'ham
Roni  - our snorkelling trip to Molokai got cancelled due to excessive winds, but they didn't make the decision until after we were loaded up and most of the way there.  They opened the bar when we turned around and it was a 7:00 am Bloody Mary cruise - and we got a refund.

We ended up renting snorkel gear and driving out to this place right before the lava fields on the south end of the island - past Kihei and saw a ton of great fish and turtles.  Ask the locals, they can recommend the good places to go.

Old Lahaina Luau was awesome - that is a must see.

Biking on Haleakela (sp??) looked fun too, but they wouldn't let my wife go because she was preggers.  So we did the heli-tour instead.  Cool, but I don't think I'd pay for it again.

Have fun.
2010-04-01 3:10 PM
in reply to: #2763683

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
cadmus - 2010-04-01 2:58 PM Roni  - our snorkelling trip to Molokai got cancelled due to excessive winds, but they didn't make the decision until after we were loaded up and most of the way there.  They opened the bar when we turned around and it was a 7:00 am Bloody Mary cruise - and we got a refund.

We ended up renting snorkel gear and driving out to this place right before the lava fields on the south end of the island - past Kihei and saw a ton of great fish and turtles.  Ask the locals, they can recommend the good places to go.

Biking on Haleakela (sp??) looked fun too, but they wouldn't let my wife go because she was preggers.  So we did the heli-tour instead.  Cool, but I don't think I'd pay for it again.

Have fun.

That's too funny.  Tony and I went to Molokai crater (I got sick in the water and swarmed by fish) and the Old Lahaina Luau and didn't go to Haleakela b/c I was pregnant.  We also played the Kapalua Plantation Course which was awesome.

Roni - we will miss you at Lonestar but you will have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!
2010-04-01 3:17 PM
in reply to: #2763683

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
cadmus - 2010-04-01 1:58 PM Roni  - our snorkelling trip to Molokai got cancelled due to excessive winds, but they didn't make the decision until after we were loaded up and most of the way there.  They opened the bar when we turned around and it was a 7:00 am Bloody Mary cruise - and we got a refund.

Have fun.

We did the bike tour...I expected some off-road ''fun'...What we ended up doing was getting drivin to the top, hanging out there for a while and then jumping on some cheap mtn bikes and riding slowwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyy down the volcano. Was neat to see though. Bike tour not so great.
2010-04-01 3:24 PM

User image

Champion
So after my appointment with the kiniseologist yesterday, my mission is to find the correct size shoe.  I have been wearing a 6 in Brooks Adrenaline and recently purchased Asics 2150 in the same size.  I'm at Fleet Feet and they are using their Fit System... I was assuming maybe a 5.5 D so wide......I was slightly less than a 4!  We tried several kids shoes before I ended up with a 5 Asics Guide....how stupid is that? I've been wearing the wrong shoe size for 6 years.

Also since I don't have kids to brag about and my racing has been non-existent, can I toot my horn about the man.....he isn't a triathlete or really an athlete at all, but what he does impresses the heck out of me sometimes. Horn tooting over!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230