BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-11-01 9:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket)

My babies.  I don't know what I am doing and don't know why some are sideways...or huge. 

Edited by IronOx 2015-11-01 9:26 PM

(Lysippe.jpg)

(Spartacus Hawkins.jpg)

(Elektra.jpg)

(Mozart Amadeus.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Lysippe.jpg (234KB - 4 downloads)
Spartacus Hawkins.jpg (1108KB - 5 downloads)
Elektra.jpg (1522KB - 5 downloads)
Mozart Amadeus.jpg (1779KB - 5 downloads)

2015-11-01 9:42 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by StaceyK

The pack (clockwise from top: Phil, Rio, Pogo, Tucker), Peppurr (the drooling cat), and....a bat?

A BAT! no way, they freak me out nearly as much as moths, actually maybe more.

Considering all the crazy stuff Australia has, this makes me wonder what a bat or a moth looks like to you!  

Actually, Australia has a flying fox. It's one of the largest bats in the world with a wingspan of about 4ft.  

Have heard of these, probably shouldn't be surprised Australia has a version too.

2015-11-01 10:46 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master

The pack (clockwise from top: Phil, Rio, Pogo, Tucker), Peppurr (the drooling cat), and....a bat?

Considering all the crazy stuff Australia has, this makes me wonder what a bat or a moth looks like to you!  

Actually, Australia has a flying fox. It's one of the largest bats in the world with a wingspan of about 4ft.  

Have heard of these, probably shouldn't be surprised Australia has a version too.

Airwolf theme probably plays while they're in flight
2015-11-02 12:52 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Melon Presser
Originally posted by ponderingfox

Last night, whole family was over at a friend of my sister for dinner after the kids were done with their thing. Sister tried to have her 3 year old son eat at the table next to me. He kept running away screaming. I'm not in anything remotely resembling a costume? Eventually she sat him down to eat, but he just kept crying. Until I started eating his french fries. This was the greatest thing in the world to him and somehow he was now happy and eating?

Don't worry yourself about the logic. Haha.

This makes perfect sense to me. My grandnephew is the same way, and so am I. Feed me, and then I like people too. And you're kind of a scary guy, Br--Bra--Bo--uh, you.
2015-11-02 6:41 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
But he's not feeding the kid french fries, he's taking them from the kid!! From me that would probably lead to food aggression, like in dogs, especially after a long brick.

OTOH when I was a little kid, believe it or not, I had a phobia of french fries for a while after nearly choking on them when I was 4 or 5. At that time, I probably would have been overjoyed to have someone take the scary fries off my plate. Glad to say I outgrew that one (though Mom was probably not--she was no doubt more than happy to eat my fries).
2015-11-02 6:41 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by cdban66

OK, the pet album is being filled up. Feel free to post one if you don't see your pet in here.

Janyne, I am waiting on the as yet un-named puppy to arrive at the house, then into the album she goes.

https://goo.gl/photos/HQdz43BBuxQHpV5a9

New additions (and some missed ones) are in! Let me know what I've missed and I'll get them in place.

2015-11-02 7:01 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Katy, Texas
Proof of life post, i.e. I survived.

I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but still beat my Galveston time by 9 minutes, mainly due to running 14 minutes faster.

This bike course was much harder, and my front derailleur malfunctioning at mile 15 leaving me with only the small ring didn't help.

Ended up 6th AG with 5:13:48.

Swim (apparently I swam 2300 yards - these #s are from my garmin): 31:56 1:24/100yd
Bike: 2:48:20.0 20.0mph
Run: 1:50:54.1 8:28/M
2015-11-02 7:31 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Last night, whole family was over at a friend of my sister for dinner after the kids were done with their thing. Sister tried to have her 3 year old son eat at the table next to me. He kept running away screaming. I'm not in anything remotely resembling a costume? Eventually she sat him down to eat, but he just kept crying. Until I started eating his french fries. This was the greatest thing in the world to him and somehow he was now happy and eating?

This makes perfect sense to me. My grandnephew is the same way, and so am I. Feed me, and then I like people too. And you're kind of a scary guy, Br--Bra--Bo--uh, you.

I didn't feed him, my sister did. I was taking his food. I've come to expect this sort of thing though, especially from my sisters kids. None of them even remotely make sense.

2015-11-02 7:33 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

Master
Northern IL

Airwolf theme probably plays while they're in flight

Something to aspire to!

2015-11-02 9:41 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I didn't feed him, my sister did. I was taking his food. I've come to expect this sort of thing though, especially from my sisters kids. None of them even remotely make sense.

Hm! Like HotKaren said ... maybe he was scared of the fries.

I'm the boring, normal, stable one in my family. Now THAT is scary.

2015-11-02 9:42 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Jet Black Proof of life post, i.e. I survived. I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but still beat my Galveston time by 9 minutes, mainly due to running 14 minutes faster. This bike course was much harder, and my front derailleur malfunctioning at mile 15 leaving me with only the small ring didn't help. Ended up 6th AG with 5:13:48. Swim (apparently I swam 2300 yards - these #s are from my garmin): 31:56 1:24/100yd Bike: 2:48:20.0 20.0mph Run: 1:50:54.1 8:28/M

Congrats Sean.  Those are some very impressive numbers.  That is a huge improvement over an already speedy Galveston time.

2015-11-02 9:47 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by Jet Black Proof of life post, i.e. I survived. I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but still beat my Galveston time by 9 minutes, mainly due to running 14 minutes faster. This bike course was much harder, and my front derailleur malfunctioning at mile 15 leaving me with only the small ring didn't help. Ended up 6th AG with 5:13:48. Swim (apparently I swam 2300 yards - these #s are from my garmin): 31:56 1:24/100yd Bike: 2:48:20.0 20.0mph Run: 1:50:54.1 8:28/M

CONGRATULATIONS SPEEDY JETSON!

You definitely had your jets on tough race and you more toughered it!

2015-11-02 10:08 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Congrats!  Great job!!

2015-11-02 11:01 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle
Sean maybe your bike malfunction helped moderate your biking so you could kill that run Great job!
2015-11-02 11:17 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle
I have no idea if I will ever have time for a rr but I am currently stuck waiting for a train so I want to at least give the details! Ok, so the emerald city open: the first lap felt really good, it was dry and Temps were perfect. I was running in a tight pack. I traded positions a few times but a good 8 of us were together going into the second lap. At the second, Oiselle CEO Sally made a move on me as well as one of her teammates. It was way too soon to match the move as I was pretty maxed out. I decided to do my best to keep them in sight but to practice patience and wait until halfway through lap 3 to make my move if I had it in me. Therr were two hills I could capitalize on my strength to make the move. I started getting a little lactic so I had to back off a bit at the close of lap 2. Sadly Sally and Emily pulled away a bit. I tried not to get discouraged and focused on one girl at a time. I picked off a couple collegiate girls, including a D1 girl! Very, very slowly Sally and Emily came back into sight. I didn't surge, just kept steady and overtook Emily at the first hill (where I was setting my surge) I used my momentum and hammered it, increasing my cadence up the hill. Quickly gapping emily. There was a slight downhill where I tried to recover a bit for my final attack. I kept cadence really high hut tried to breathe easy. I rounded the corner and the big hill followed by the finishing chute were in sight. It was now or never. I attacked with all I had and passed Sally. I continued on up the hill furiously pumping my arms to try to get my dead legs to follow. I didn't let up until I nearly ran into a volunteer trying to collect my timing chips (yes, we wear two. Those .0005 seconds matter lol)I've not been able to prioritize working on speed so I wasn't fast. What I was able to do was use my strength from a summer of mountain running and my brain, for tactics. Sometimes you just have to use what you have available!
2015-11-02 11:39 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Nice work - even better to have a good solid finish when there is adversity. So, how are you celebrating?? 

2015-11-02 11:41 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by Asalzwed I have no idea if I will ever have time for a rr but I am currently stuck waiting for a train so I want to at least give the details! Ok, so the emerald city open: the first lap felt really good, it was dry and Temps were perfect. I was running in a tight pack. I traded positions a few times but a good 8 of us were together going into the second lap. At the second, Oiselle CEO Sally made a move on me as well as one of her teammates. It was way too soon to match the move as I was pretty maxed out. I decided to do my best to keep them in sight but to practice patience and wait until halfway through lap 3 to make my move if I had it in me. Therr were two hills I could capitalize on my strength to make the move. I started getting a little lactic so I had to back off a bit at the close of lap 2. Sadly Sally and Emily pulled away a bit. I tried not to get discouraged and focused on one girl at a time. I picked off a couple collegiate girls, including a D1 girl! Very, very slowly Sally and Emily came back into sight. I didn't surge, just kept steady and overtook Emily at the first hill (where I was setting my surge) I used my momentum and hammered it, increasing my cadence up the hill. Quickly gapping emily. There was a slight downhill where I tried to recover a bit for my final attack. I kept cadence really high hut tried to breathe easy. I rounded the corner and the big hill followed by the finishing chute were in sight. It was now or never. I attacked with all I had and passed Sally. I continued on up the hill furiously pumping my arms to try to get my dead legs to follow. I didn't let up until I nearly ran into a volunteer trying to collect my timing chips (yes, we wear two. Those .0005 seconds matter lol)I've not been able to prioritize working on speed so I wasn't fast. What I was able to do was use my strength from a summer of mountain running and my brain, for tactics. Sometimes you just have to use what you have available!

Whoa! Sounds tough - I was breathing hard just reading it. that is some awesome pacing and being patient there - while running at what I assume is top speed! 

2015-11-02 11:41 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by IronOx

My babies.  I don't know what I am doing and don't know why some are sideways...or huge. 

I love your pets! They have such interesting names
Mary
2015-11-02 11:45 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

So, the weekend came and went and was mostly filled with Halloween! Our little girl LOVED it - though in a two-year old's brain i am not sure that the fact that Halloween is only one day really registered. She could wear that princess dress every day! 

I managed to get in three runs. One, was cool - I did a low-key charity event on Friday at lunch time with some colleagues. I was the only one actually running and it was 6 loops of the park behind the Ontario Legislature building, Queen's Park, but our Premier (equivalent to Governor) is a runner and came out to run with us. So, i lined up next to her - everyone else was camera shy. And i was on the news next to her and I am proud to say that i beat her too. Hahahaha! 

Yesterday was really warm and I ran in shorts!!!! It was awesome! 

Anyway, not too much to report. Keeping on keeping on. 

I love all the race reports - keep 'em coming! 

2015-11-02 11:55 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by juniperjen

So, the weekend came and went and was mostly filled with Halloween! Our little girl LOVED it - though in a two-year old's brain i am not sure that the fact that Halloween is only one day really registered. She could wear that princess dress every day! 

I managed to get in three runs. One, was cool - I did a low-key charity event on Friday at lunch time with some colleagues. I was the only one actually running and it was 6 loops of the park behind the Ontario Legislature building, Queen's Park, but our Premier (equivalent to Governor) is a runner and came out to run with us. So, i lined up next to her - everyone else was camera shy. And i was on the news next to her and I am proud to say that i beat her too. Hahahaha! 

Yesterday was really warm and I ran in shorts!!!! It was awesome! 

Anyway, not too much to report. Keeping on keeping on. 

I love all the race reports - keep 'em coming! 

Halloween was pretty awesome around here.  It was very rainy and windy earlier in the day (while I was out on my 14 mile run) but calmed down in time for the trick-or-treaters.  We set up at the house I am restoring which is in a neighborhood of old homes and is ground zero for T-or-T.  I went through over 500 pieces of candy and ran out at 7:30.  It is always fun to see the little ones so excited.  

2015-11-02 11:57 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Great job on the race Adrienne.  So smart to wait and use your strengths tactically.  And super gutty on that last hill and finish.

2015-11-02 2:17 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I had ZERO trick or treaters!  I saw one group coming down the street so I hobbled to the door and waited... then they never came to my house! I *think* they were someone on the block's grandkids and they were just hitting the houses of people they knew, but I was like what's wrong with my house! lol! My larger neighborhood goes CRAZY for Halloween (like the local news was live broadcasting from there) but it's all half a mile north of me and people won't cross the major street to get to the smaller part of the 'hood where I live.

And speaking of my block, my neighbors decided to bust out the Roman Candles after midnight last night to celebrate the Royal's World Series win... The first few were funny and jovial (ya! Go team! You are a loyal fan!) but 30 Roman Candles later I was like please stop. Some of use have 8 a.m. meetings in the morning

2015-11-02 3:27 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
I am a mighty swimmer!
Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me!
In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement.
And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.
2015-11-02 3:54 PM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Katy, Texas
Thanks everybody!! It definitely felt good to improve my run that much, but dang my legs were hurting like never before on the last 5k.

Adrienne, unfortunately I don't think it worked out that way. I was spinning at super high cadence (not used to that) and I was losing a lot of power due to friction from cross-chaining and the chain rubbing the derailleur. Some hard lessons learned on bike equipment.

2015-11-02 3:55 PM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Atlantia

I am a mighty swimmer!
Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me!
In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement.
And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.

I'm sorry!

Just kidding on the butterfly (but seriously). Congrats on the improved swimming!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 55211 Posts: 2576

2015-10-10 12:52 AM IndoIronYanti

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67944 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28884 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12239 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67494 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.