2011-01-04 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3276339

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX
Subject: RE: swbkrun with us!!! - Closed

Plainsman AU - 2011-01-04 9:24 AM
ashort33 - 2011-01-04 8:09 AM

badgerintx - 2011-01-04 7:28 AM Accountability time.....

-   Interval ride at 4:45 am this morning.....  Check   

Andy?
Barry?
Others? 

Dino 

Out the door at 5:00 got in my swim - not as long as planned, but got in some work though.  I can tell it has been months since I swam last.  Speed was still there, but going to have to work up the endurance again. 

Way to go Padna!

You too!  You game for another early day tomorrow?  I have an hour z1-z2 trainer ride to do...

2011-01-04 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3276155

User image

Jersey
dalessit - 2011-01-04 9:25 AM
ashort33 - 2011-01-04 9:09 AM

Andy?
Barry?
Others? 

Dino 

Out the door at 5:00 got in my swim - not as long as planned, but got in some work though.  I can tell it has been months since I swam last.  Speed was still there, but going to have to work up the endurance again. 

No workout for me this AM, lol didn't get up until about 6:45.

Being very careful with the knee this week.

NO AM ride for me today. Watching OU beat up an the razor backs tnght and riding for an hr. Great job to everyone who was up and out early today!!
2011-01-04 9:37 AM
in reply to: #3256813

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY

Thanks for the suggestions on the online shops for sneaks.  I have checked them out.  Will do a check locally to make sure they don't have what I want before making a purchase.  Probably getting 2 pairs of Sacuony's so I can swap back and forth.  Grid Raiders (I am wearing those now) and ProGrid Ride 3 which will be new to me.

No early workouts for me yet but planning on a swim at lunch and a short ride on the trainer tonight.

2011-01-04 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3276183

User image

Master
mighty mom - 2011-01-04 6:36 AM
kt65 - 2011-01-04 9:22 AM
Speaking of coffee, I got my first french press for Christmas this year and have been using it exclusively since then.  I can't believe how rich and amazing it tastes, compared to my coffee maker!  And I thought it was really good with the coffee maker!  I am a Peet's girl.  Major Dickason's Blend.  I don't get to drink it til after I do my workout...incentive to get out with Ripley for her walk and then do my run when the sun comes out in about 30 minutes. 

Love french press coffee!  This reminds me I need to add one to my wish list.  MH broke our last one a couple months ago.

Suzy- are you serious about those being comfy?  It's not the thong part which worries me but overly lacey stuff tends to itch/tickle me too much to be standard wardrobe. Although maybe that's the point. :P

Super comfy. They are not tight or itchy at all. Love them. Oh, and for anyone who likes a bargain, you can get 'em less expensive at Nordstrom Rack if you have it.

And I wasn't asking anything on the man front -- just thought it was sort-of funny to find the skivvies article as it's something John and I had discussed in the past. In case any of you were having issues, I thought it would be good to get it out in the open.

Re: French Press... I have one that I use for power outages and camping. We have a gas stove inside, so when power is out I can light that, boil water, and have coffee. I keep coffee ground in the freezer for such power emergencies. (When a tree fell on our house in a huge windstorm a few years back, there was no coffee to be had. Anywhere. Power out for 6 days. It was the worst and a French Press was the first purchase I made after we took over our friend's out in Seattle [where they had power]). Oh, and Kim, I totally heart Peets!!! Fortunately we have a couple up here, but I wish there were more!

Re: Breakfast... I always eat before a workout. If I don't, I'll end up with dry heaves in about 20 minutes. I don't eat much, just a small bowl of granola with soy milk, and I can eat it and walk right out the door and go. Coffee is optional -- for early-morning runs and trainer rides, no, don't take the time. For early-morning swims, I make the coffee and drink it on the way to the Y.

GREAT JOB to the early birds!!! I was not one of them. In fact, I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed because a young coyote had way too much to say last night right outside our bedroom window, it seemed. Cute at first, then he just needed to be quiet and move on...

And that's all I got this morning.
2011-01-04 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3276375

User image

Master
ashort33 - 2011-01-04 7:36 AM

Andy?
Barry?
Others? 

Dino 

Way to go Padna!

You too!  You game for another early day tomorrow?  I have an hour z1-z2 trainer ride to do...

Six-mile treadmilll run and need to be home from the gym by 7... so I'm an early bird tomorrow!!!
2011-01-04 9:49 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Twin--Tony wanted a pic so he gets what he wants since he is apparently a huge PIA to Sam these days.  i don't remember posting it before, but sooooooooooooo glad you have a good memory.Tongue out

Christina--that thong is amazingly comfortable. The lace is whisper soft and stretchy. LOVE THEM!

Linda--totally agree.  Thongs are NOT for SBR.

Sam--Pretty sure you have the results of me moving to Newtons.  There is a wide definition of minimalist--heel to toe drop, weight, stability, etc.  There are people that fare well with them and some that should use them as a training tool.  What do the bottoms of the shoes look like? how do they compare to your prior shoes?  what exactly is the foot issue? you asked for a photo of how I taped my foot when I had PF so here it is....note there is clear tape that is stretchy running vertical and white tape that is less stretchy running horizontal.  It's meant to stabilize and not allow the arch to collapse.  I used it for all training and sleeping.

2011-01-04 10:03 AM

User image

Chatham Ontario
WOW look at all you morning people. I just can't do that.

I commute about 55 miles to and from work every day. Which basically chews up 2 hours of my day. But hey, I need to work and there isn't much in my home town so I HAVE to commute.

Anyways that means I am up and out the door early... Ok I am up at 6am, I just don't do earlier very well. And I don't do well working out in the morning, On the bike I can handle it, Strength or running and my guts can't take it. Swimming is not an option for me locally. I swim with the masters team on Tues and Thursday evenings. I get home at 6pm and head straight to it. Work has me gone from home 11-12 hours a day with commute.

FRENCH PRESS  mmmmm Tasty coffee, I used to use mine all the time but after I was given a Tassimo I tend to rely on it more. Albeit I am trying to cut back on coffee and have more decaf green tea as of late. But that will become an epic fail again at some point soon.

3 days into 2011 and 3 days of working out, with swimming planned tonight, Running or strength tomorrow depending on the weather, swim Thrusday. I should make good for the first 6 days of 2011.

Much better then 2010 when I finally decided to start working out in April and adopt a new lifestyle.

2011-01-04 10:11 AM
in reply to: #3276017

User image

Extreme Veteran
fattyfatfat - 2011-01-04 8:39 AM
kkcbelle - 2011-01-03 11:52 PM Sooooo excited to check up on the early birds tomorrow!!! Go and get your worms!!!!!!!!! I get to sleep in tomorrow (my run is too long to do before the kids go to school, cuz I am not as devoted as Linda/Terps), but I'll be up with you guys on Wednesday and Thursday, OK!?

So MEN!!!!!!!!!!

Chafing is something my husband has issues with, and I know he's not alone. I think he's found the skivs that work OK for him for running most of the time (Hawaii always throws him a big-ole curve ball, though!)... but still... I'm reading my latest Runner's World and there is an article for you dudes:

Brief Encounter, The Skinny on Running Skivvies (p. 81). Can't find it online, sadly (anyone?). They do some review for the ladies as well... Personally I ain't ponying up $16-$20 for workout undies. Yes, I do run in undies (don't bike in them, obv), but my basic everyday skivs do the job for me (and no, men, I don't run in my HankyPank thongs, although I have a girlfriend who does -- LOL!).

not sure what you're asking either.  here's my rec and you know the problems i had w/ chaffing.  the nike guys in vegas said they can't keep theirs in stock because of demand.  both are super comfortable and no more chaffing issues, but the nike has the back zipper pocket  so it wins hands down.  the other day i dropped my car key out of the asics, luckily it hit my foot on the way down alerting me that it was loose on the trail.

Nike

Asics 

I also wear both, but only the Nike one for longer runs.  I still get chaffing with the asics on long runs, not sure if it's because of the fabric or fit.
2011-01-04 10:16 AM
in reply to: #3276419

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
SSMinnow - 2011-01-04 9:49 AM Twin--Tony wanted a pic so he gets what he wants since he is apparently a huge PIA to Sam these days.  i don't remember posting it before, but sooooooooooooo glad you have a good memory.Tongue out

Christina--that thong is amazingly comfortable. The lace is whisper soft and stretchy. LOVE THEM!

Sam--Pretty sure you have the results of me moving to Newtons.  There is a wide definition of minimalist--heel to toe drop, weight, stability, etc.  There are people that fare well with them and some that should use them as a training tool.  What do the bottoms of the shoes look like? how do they compare to your prior shoes?  what exactly is the foot issue? you asked for a photo of how I taped my foot when I had PF so here it is....note there is clear tape that is stretchy running vertical and white tape that is less stretchy running horizontal.  It's meant to stabilize and not allow the arch to collapse.  I used it for all training and sleeping.

I am a total equipment moron so the bottoms look like the bottom of a shoe.  Not sure what else to say.  They are light and I like the feel. Both feet have been sore at times.  Sometimes the heel or the arch or the big toe joint.  THey are just not happy.  No real pattern - they can be sore when I wake, before/during or after a run.  I've massaged them and it sort of helps.

Is the stretchy tape on your heel?  Thanks for the pic.
2011-01-04 10:53 AM
in reply to: #3276535

User image

Extreme Veteran

Howdy peeps.

Question for the MG - does anyone live in/around Dallas or OKC and have any interest in running a race on Feb 5 (i.e. the Sat. of Superbowl weekend)?  I will be doing a trail race in southern Oklahoma.  The race is organized by my FIL.  Potential lengths vary from 10K to half-marathon to marathon to 50 mile -- I will be doing the half-marathon.  Very laid back and festive atmosphere.  If you are interested, I can send you the info.

Should be fun.
2011-01-04 11:02 AM
in reply to: #3276703

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

Tobey91 - 2011-01-04 10:53 AM

Howdy peeps.

Question for the MG - does anyone live in/around Dallas or OKC and have any interest in running a race on Feb 5 (i.e. the Sat. of Superbowl weekend)?  I will be doing a trail race in southern Oklahoma.  The race is organized by my FIL.  Potential lengths vary from 10K to half-marathon to marathon to 50 mile -- I will be doing the half-marathon.  Very laid back and festive atmosphere.  If you are interested, I can send you the info.

Should be fun.

shoot me the info - I may be up for it...  Where in S. OK?

2011-01-04 11:10 AM
in reply to: #3276535

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
sdalessio - 2011-01-04 10:16 AM
SSMinnow - 2011-01-04 9:49 AM Twin--Tony wanted a pic so he gets what he wants since he is apparently a huge PIA to Sam these days.  i don't remember posting it before, but sooooooooooooo glad you have a good memory.Tongue out

I am a total equipment moron so the bottoms look like the bottom of a shoe.  Not sure what else to say.  They are light and I like the feel. Both feet have been sore at times.  Sometimes the heel or the arch or the big toe joint.  THey are just not happy.  No real pattern - they can be sore when I wake, before/during or after a run.  I've massaged them and it sort of helps.

Is the stretchy tape on your heel?  Thanks for the pic.

I meant what does the wear pattern look like on your shoes? is the outside edge more worn down? the heel? difference between left to right? old pair to new pair?

The stretchy tape went from the the ball of the foot to slightly above the heel.  The tape that goes all around the foot was there strictly to have a place for the other tape to adhere to.  There are several taping methods online, but this one worked best for me.  If it's PF, it'll hurt in the morning, especially in the heel area.  Really seems like the shoes might not be offering enough cushioning, but that is really a total guess based on what you've told me.
2011-01-04 11:59 AM

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
LOL, anyone watching the 24/7 Caps - Penguins special on HBO.

One of the Caps players lives across the street and they had a segment where the went to his house and I guess our house was on TV briefly.  I wonder if that will increase our property value if we decide to sell.
2011-01-04 12:14 PM
in reply to: #3276907

User image

Elite
Raleigh
dalessit - 2011-01-04 12:59 PM LOL, anyone watching the 24/7 Caps - Penguins special on HBO.

One of the Caps players lives across the street and they had a segment where the went to his house and I guess our house was on TV briefly.  I wonder if that will increase our property value if we decide to sell.

I grew up living next door to Jean Potvin of the NY Islanders. It did not effect out property values!
Funny story. In the 80's the goalie for my team had the habit of answering his phone with a different famous goalies name. We played down in Mt Vernon, VA where the Capitals practiced at the time. After the games we'd meet up in Old Town Alexandria, VA to drink. I was the second to arrive at Bullfeathers (a bar there) after the goalie, as he was hurt at the time and was coaching us for the time being.

He says "Doug, I  want you to meet a friend of mine, Clint Malarchuk." That was the name of the goalie for the Caps at the time.

Figuring he was being his normal smart-a$$ self, I replied "Hi, I'm Gordie Howe." You can see where this is going. He WAS Clint Malarchuk. Oops.

Anyway most of the Caps were in the bar and were ready to leave except that they had bet one guy $50 he could not pick up this one woman. Meanwhile all these other girls were tripping all over themselves to meet them, but they were oblivious. He was having no luck with her so to kill time we drank with them. After I out chugged Clint they invited us back to one of the guys places. This "kid" was in his young 20's and lived in a brick townhouse in Old Town, which was. and probably still is, VERY expensive. He had almost no furniture, and there was beer in the sinks, the toilets, just everywhere! I am sure the real estate costs went DOWN because of him!

Just sayin'

Doug
2011-01-04 12:19 PM
in reply to: #3276907

User image

Master
Maryland
dalessit - 2011-01-04 12:59 PM LOL, anyone watching the 24/7 Caps - Penguins special on HBO.

I am taking my Dad and brothers to see the caps in a few weeks for his birthday, I have not been since they left the Cap Center. He loves Ovechkin!

Linda
2011-01-04 12:20 PM
in reply to: #3276703

User image

Burleson
Send me the info on the run in OK.  I might join you.

2011-01-04 12:26 PM
in reply to: #3276944

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
DougRob - 2011-01-04 1:14 PM

I grew up living next door to Jean Potvin of the NY Islanders. It did not effect out property values!
Funny story. In the 80's the goalie for my team had the habit of answering his phone with a different famous goalies name. We played down in Mt Vernon, VA where the Capitals practiced at the time. After the games we'd meet up in Old Town Alexandria, VA to drink. I was the second to arrive at Bullfeathers (a bar there) after the goalie, as he was hurt at the time and was coaching us for the time being.

He says "Doug, I  want you to meet a friend of mine, Clint Malarchuk." That was the name of the goalie for the Caps at the time.

Figuring he was being his normal smart-a$$ self, I replied "Hi, I'm Gordie Howe." You can see where this is going. He WAS Clint Malarchuk. Oops.

Anyway most of the Caps were in the bar and were ready to leave except that they had bet one guy $50 he could not pick up this one woman. Meanwhile all these other girls were tripping all over themselves to meet them, but they were oblivious. He was having no luck with her so to kill time we drank with them. After I out chugged Clint they invited us back to one of the guys places. This "kid" was in his young 20's and lived in a brick townhouse in Old Town, which was. and probably still is, VERY expensive. He had almost no furniture, and there was beer in the sinks, the toilets, just everywhere! I am sure the real estate costs went DOWN because of him!

Just sayin'

Doug

LOL, yeah they had some Caps cribs episode where they went in his house, very little furniture, but very organized pantry and refrigirator, lots of cereal and yogurt.
2011-01-04 12:57 PM

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

Sylvain: let me know if you want to know anything specific about Muskoka. I did it 2 years ago.

Anne. Muskoka is very nice especially the scenery. They have two races there.   A long tri I think in July (about half the distance of a HIM) and of course the HIM in Sept.  One of the best races of the year is the Guelph 1 in June. Totally awesome !!!

Up to page 15 now J and should be through it all by summer

Edited by Redknight 2011-01-04 12:57 PM
2011-01-04 1:07 PM
in reply to: #3276961

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
Terps421 - 2011-01-04 12:19 PM

I am taking my Dad and brothers to see the caps in a few weeks for his birthday, I have not been since they left the Cap Center. He loves Ovechkin!

Linda

I loved the Caps Center!  You shold have fun at the game.  It gets pretty crazy these days.  Kind of like the good ole days at RFK when the Redskins were good.
2011-01-04 1:31 PM
in reply to: #3277079

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oshawa, Ontario

Edited by sstucker 2011-01-04 1:39 PM
2011-01-04 1:40 PM
in reply to: #3277079

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oshawa, Ontario
Redknight - 2011-01-04 1:57 PM

<object id="ieooui" classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D"><!--[endif]-->

Don't know what's going on with this message but it's acting weird, my reply is at beginning of message......

I plan on doing the Guelph sprint June 19 and the week after the Muskoka Oly (long course 2k-55K-13K)

Sylvain: let me know if you want to know anything specific about Muskoka. I did it 2 years ago.

Anne. Muskoka is very nice especially the scenery. They have two races there.   A long tri I think in July (about half the distance of a HIM) and of course the HIM in Sept.  One of the best races of the year is the Guelph 1 in June. Totally awesome !!!

[/QUO ><-->

Edited by sstucker 2011-01-04 1:42 PM

2011-01-04 1:46 PM
in reply to: #3276375

User image

Elite
san francisco
ashort33 - 2011-01-04 7:36 AM

Andy?
Barry?
Others? 

Dino 

Way to go Padna!

nice going, guys!!!

OH, PadNa, not PadMa!  MY BAD!!!  I just love her on Top Chef. 

after 3 posts of suzy's foot, i had to put a purty pic in!  Not that your foot isn't purty, Suzy, but that tape job brings back memories of my PF from 2001...ugh.
2011-01-04 1:47 PM
in reply to: #3277219

User image

Elite
san francisco
sstucker - 2011-01-04 11:40 AM

<object id="ieooui" classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D"><!--[endif]-->

Don't know what's going on with this message but it's acting weird, my reply is at beginning of message......

I plan on doing the Guelph sprint June 19 and the week after the Muskoka Oly (long course 2k-55K-13K)

Sylvain, did you break the BT computer???  Tongue out

[/QUO >< >[/QUO-->

Edited by kt65 2011-01-04 1:47 PM
2011-01-04 1:55 PM
in reply to: #3277243

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oshawa, Ontario
Just curious to see what would happen if I typed on ?top of message....

I'd ask Rob to tell me how he posted his original message but I won't get an answer until summer time at the rate he's going Tongue out

kt65 - 2011-01-04 2:47 PM
sstucker - 2011-01-04 11:40 AM

Sylvain, did you break the BT computer???  Tongue out

[/QUO >< >[/QUO >[/QUO-->

Edited by sstucker 2011-01-04 2:03 PM
2011-01-04 2:32 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Does anyone know if it is possible to look at you monthly WO totals for month that are two or more months old? If so, how?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun with us!!! - Closed Rss Feed  

of 171