BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-12 10:27 PM
in reply to: #5082803

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Yay Foxay!
Yay to Neil 'n' Goody for swims!

Salty, you have been on my mind with this, funny I was sending prayers your way even before I read this today. Palms pressed, fingers crossed, hope the day comes soon and wishing you strength, clarity, and justice.

2015-01-12 11:11 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master

Originally posted by ponderingfox

I'M PART OF A LOCAL TRIATHLON TEAM! I missed the cutoff, but was able to plead my case and get on Team HFP.  Their tri uniform looks pretty sweet, have to say.  I'll try to get some picks up as I get things sorted out.  Being part of a local team is cool because sometimes it's hard to find other people who can relate to triathlon. Excited!

Holy cow guys, email tells me I'm 90-some posts behind.

As in NEON?

2015-01-12 11:29 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master

Originally posted by melbo55

Crazy times and chatty manatees!

Salty - sorry to hear your day in court got postponed, frustrating for sure.  It will be good to finally put it behind you, so hopefully it doesn't take months to get rescheduled.

Neil and Erin - congrats on getting chlorinated!

Monica - YAY to the house!!

Ben and Matt - congrats on being speedy!

Sorry other manatees who did great, awesome things that I now can't remember because it was 6 pages ago!  I'm not purposely ignoring you and your accomplishments, I just have Swiss cheese brain.  Forgive me, please.

October 22 was the last time I was in the pool. And it's only been 3x in the last four months. Eeeeek! The chemical smell was eye-watering. I'd forgotten  But my nose didn't drain every time I leaned over. Hooray! (oh wait, is that good or bad?)

2015-01-12 11:43 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Ugh. Jussssst kidding. Rescheduled again.

How do you lawyers deal with this ambiguity. Sheesh. 

Well, boooooo. Sorry about that. How annoying and stressful...like you can just keep rearranging and rescheduling your life. I hope you get law-backed closure soon.

2015-01-13 1:00 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by fortissimo

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Free cat ... will ship worldwide ...

Don't let the face fool you. Actually wait, yes, let the face fool you!!! This is a darling sweet peaceful little angel who just sits around looking cute all day!

There is NOTHING this cat cannot climb or get into or out of. I should have named him Houdini. I guess he started out by escaping from a fire and TO the only person who'd pick up that grubby little thing and nurse him back to health, so ...

Wanna trade litties? I locked her in the bathroom because she insisted she sit on my back while I was doing my 2 hour trainer ride on Saturday. I should have known she was up to something when I stopped hearing her Siamese squeaks but silly be thought she might be sleeping like a good little Lilo. HA!
I'll swap you both for my 7 month old Mastiff puppy.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (1326KB - 1 downloads)
image.jpg (2382KB - 4 downloads)
2015-01-13 7:17 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by StaceyK

Don't let the face fool you. Actually wait, yes, let the face fool you!!! This is a darling sweet peaceful little angel who just sits around looking cute all day!

There is NOTHING this cat cannot climb or get into or out of. I should have named him Houdini. I guess he started out by escaping from a fire and TO the only person who'd pick up that grubby little thing and nurse him back to health, so ...

Wanna trade litties? I locked her in the bathroom because she insisted she sit on my back while I was doing my 2 hour trainer ride on Saturday. I should have known she was up to something when I stopped hearing her Siamese squeaks but silly be thought she might be sleeping like a good little Lilo. HA!

Deal. Didn't I tell you not to buy her a new bed ... wait, is that part of your, I mean their, COUCH?

Haha re. Lilo ... it's like kids, if there's no crashing, clawing, or crying, SOMETHING IS UP.

2015-01-13 7:53 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

I'M PART OF A LOCAL TRIATHLON TEAM! I missed the cutoff, but was able to plead my case and get on Team HFP.  Their tri uniform looks pretty sweet, have to say.  I'll try to get some picks up as I get things sorted out.  Being part of a local team is cool because sometimes it's hard to find other people who can relate to triathlon. Excited!

As in NEON?

Team HFP Uniform

2015-01-13 7:54 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Deal. Didn't I tell you not to buy her a new bed ... wait, is that part of your, I mean their, COUCH?

Haha re. Lilo ... it's like kids, if there's no crashing, clawing, or crying, SOMETHING IS UP.

Yep that's the couch.
2015-01-13 7:57 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by laffinrock

Holy crap, Manatees... we might actually get the Damn House!! 

Final walk-through is today and we're scheduled to close as of tomorrow afternoon at 1:30pm.  WOOOOOOT!! 

YAY!!!!!!! 

The next bit of fun will be moving in and getting all the utilities set up.  Oh, and buying more furniture.  I know how much fun you have buying furniture.

Ha!!  The utilities will HOPEFULLY be less painful than trying to get the cable/internet service switched over, but I'm guessing that we'll have to wait and see on that one, as the Austin Utilities website is allegedly down for servicing at the moment and their customer service department is "unable to assist customers until further notice".  Oh well. 

As for furniture... we've already got a game plan in place!!  Lol! 

Oh, and there will be another mini shopping spree for when we get to bring Brisket home too.  WOOOT!!  :D 

Have you thought through the name choice. I thought Brisket had a single meaning in Texas!

Congrats on the house!!!! 

Lol - that's the name she came with, so we're keeping it... but I've promised Tony that the next dog we get (which will be another rescue pup) he gets to name it, and he's already set on "Disco"   

Thanks!!  

Such fun with the house!

Just call her Bri (ee).  I bet they adjust quickly to name changes...especially if they've gone through "lock-up" and foster. Pogo was Buttons (didn't suit him or roll off the tongue), and he answers to it just fine.

Four of our five critters were rescues. None of them kept their "inmate" name.

They learn their new names pretty quickly too.  When I picked up Penny, her name was Daisy.  It took us about 25 minutes to get from her foster home to our house.  During the drive, I kept on saying things like, "Good Penny!" and "Penny, you're going to like your new yard/house/bed."  Anyway, by the time we got to Chez Kizer, she knew to respond to Penny.

Penny was a trip.  When we adopt her she was a 7 yo black lab (OK, she was a black lab the whole time) who was pretty sure that we couldn't see her in the dark and that if she was not on the sofa when we got home, she had not been on the furniture at all (Uh, Penny, we SAW YOU jump off the furniture as we were pulling into the driveway and we can FEEL THE WARM SPOT.)  Yeah, I think that she gave us the paw from time-to-time.

2015-01-13 8:14 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Orlando

That kitten is too cute!  And Stacey, I always love pictures of your little puppies!!

2015-01-13 8:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Woo Hoo, Congratulations!!

2015-01-13 8:24 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Monica congrats on the new house!! So exciting!!

Tom - congrats on the tri team. I wouldn't consider a team that didn't have a good looking kit. It's all about how you look

I'm PSYCHED - thanks to those who helped me look at my trainer road data.

I picked up a new trainer this weekend and here is my ride from last night

http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1473830-Pettit

Compare that to the one that was making me freak out

http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1418687-Pettit

and now I know I'm not crazy

HOORAY!!!!

Yanti that kitty face looks so sweet - must mean TROUBLE!!

2015-01-13 8:37 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk  I'm PSYCHED - thanks to those who helped me look at my trainer road data. I picked up a new trainer this weekend and here is my ride from last night http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1473830-PettitCompare that to the one that was making me freak out http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1418687-Pettitand now I know I'm not crazy HOORAY!!!! 

Well that's good to hear! That is a nice trainer too. Believe it's still their most preferred?

2015-01-13 9:16 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk  I'm PSYCHED - thanks to those who helped me look at my trainer road data. I picked up a new trainer this weekend and here is my ride from last night http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1473830-PettitCompare that to the one that was making me freak out http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1418687-Pettitand now I know I'm not crazy HOORAY!!!! 

Well that's good to hear! That is a nice trainer too. Believe it's still their most preferred?

Kurts are definitely on their preferred list for the virtuals - but the BIG BIG expensive one is the next one up I don't love riding indoors THAT much LOL
2015-01-13 9:23 AM

User image

Denver, CO

As in NEON?

Team HFP Uniform

Suh-WEEEEET!!  Congrats, Tom!!

2015-01-13 9:25 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Yeah the Kurt Kinetic is highly lauded.  If my Nashbar special ever dies I'll get one of those.

2015-01-13 9:26 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by laffinrock

As in NEON?

Team HFP Uniform

Suh-WEEEEET!!  Congrats, Tom!!

Congrats.  Teams are fun!

2015-01-13 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Well, boooooo. Sorry about that. How annoying and stressful...like you can just keep rearranging and rescheduling your life. I hope you get law-backed closure soon.

That's pretty much life dealing with the legal justice system...

2015-01-13 9:58 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Chatham Ontario
I can't spend time to catch up with everyone. Too busy at work.. My coles notes.

Monica new house.
Dogs ate couch
triathlon team made and new uniform.
Cute kitten up for adoption. No one let my other half know or I will end up with more cats.

I shoveled wet heavy snow last night and snapped my snow shovel and yelled F*%K really loud and counted it as a workout before my spin class.

I earned it. My fav Shovel gone.
2015-01-13 9:59 AM

User image

Master

lol....so just annoying and stressful?

2015-01-13 10:01 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Kurts are definitely on their preferred list for the virtuals - but the BIG BIG expensive one is the next one up I don't love riding indoors THAT much LOL

I picked up a KK within the last month.  My last one didn't have a flywheel, and that makes a huge difference.  I'm able to spin faster, which is more my natural cadence.

2015-01-13 10:05 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

What's fun (irritating) is sitting in the courtroom, next to the prosecutor, and being completely irrelevant/invisible when they are setting dates/times for future court dates.

2015-01-13 10:08 AM

User image

Master

Asked J to change my broken platform pedals to my old clipless so I could go for a little flat desert ride last night. All went well...until I looked at the bottom of my shoes. Cleats? Nowhere to be found. After a few minutes of searching and toying with using J's shoes with extra socks, I said forget it. Pretty disappointed because I had gotten all mentally ready  The positive side is that my new pedals are ordered, and my Edge 500 was one click away. We decided that even on sale we should wait a few weeks until his job stuff shakes out.

2015-01-13 10:10 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

The wheels of justice grind slowly  The more accurate, but still doesn't make it easier when you're stuck in it, answer is that we have way too many cases (both criminal and civil) and far too few judges and prosecutors.  Plus, the bad guy generally likes to draw things out for various strategic reasons and too many judges -because of their huge case loads and because they don't want to risk being reversed by a higher court if they press the bad guy too hard to get things moving , let it happen. 

Sorry, just let my legal geek out a little 

2015-01-13 10:11 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

What's fun (irritating) is sitting in the courtroom, next to the prosecutor, and being completely irrelevant/invisible when they are setting dates/times for future court dates.

try spitting on them and see if they see you then!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55425 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.