BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-11-22 10:46 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk  Ok in other news SOMEBODY STOP ME!! DH informs me he's been planning a way to get some extra cash so I can buy a TRI bike So in true MBC fashion I start looking and email my LBS......and I'm about to schedule a fit session so we can spend a few hours finding a bike that fits me. IN THE MEANTIME, I ride a size 47 Trek Madone so if I make the assumption that the xs Trek speed concept will fit.......HOLY CRAP they changed the 7.0 for 2014 and with it came a big price increase. Now my Madone was expensive, I'll admit it - but can I spend that much on an event specific bike? I DON'T KNOW I'm feeling a bit guilty and I haven't even done anything yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH In other news, TGIF - have a great weekend everyone - who's racing?!

Go for the fitting and see what will work best for you... then you can start shopping around for both new and used bikes, and there are a bunch of great deals out there right now on last year's models.  

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

see that would make sense - and I realize you don't really know me (yet) but - CART.......HORSE and I'm glad everyone else is in the same side pain I'm in from laughing so hard. LOL

LOL - are you kidding me?  I look for new tri bikes all the time, and I don't even need one!  

I've also now sent the link to my co-workers, my hubby, my brother & SIL, and a few friends so they can get just as much enjoyment out of it that I am!  Holy crap those reviews are killing me!  (holy crap, get it???  

2013-11-22 12:54 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk  Ok in other news SOMEBODY STOP ME!! DH informs me he's been planning a way to get some extra cash so I can buy a TRI bike So in true MBC fashion I start looking and email my LBS......and I'm about to schedule a fit session so we can spend a few hours finding a bike that fits me. IN THE MEANTIME, I ride a size 47 Trek Madone so if I make the assumption that the xs Trek speed concept will fit.......HOLY CRAP they changed the 7.0 for 2014 and with it came a big price increase. Now my Madone was expensive, I'll admit it - but can I spend that much on an event specific bike? I DON'T KNOW I'm feeling a bit guilty and I haven't even done anything yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH In other news, TGIF - have a great weekend everyone - who's racing?!

Go for the fitting and see what will work best for you... then you can start shopping around for both new and used bikes, and there are a bunch of great deals out there right now on last year's models.  

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

see that would make sense - and I realize you don't really know me (yet) but - CART.......HORSE and I'm glad everyone else is in the same side pain I'm in from laughing so hard. LOL

LOL - are you kidding me?  I look for new tri bikes all the time, and I don't even need one!  

I've also now sent the link to my co-workers, my hubby, my brother & SIL, and a few friends so they can get just as much enjoyment out of it that I am!  Holy crap those reviews are killing me!  (holy crap, get it???  

I sent the link to a coworker. We are now planning on buying some for the office
2013-11-22 1:09 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

I sent the link to a coworker. We are now planning on buying some for the office

Funny - my co-worker said that he was going to buy some to bring to the production company that he also builds sets for as people keep stealing his food...  not to "give" them to anyone, but just to leave on his desk...  

2013-11-22 1:23 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Elite
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

OK, I've put 20+ running miles on my leg and over 2 1/2 hours of biking (mostly trail) since last Friday, and that pain seems to just be gone. Really being conscious of how it feels and not "gone" because I'm ignoring it. So I'm puzzled, though quite happy.

Well if the pain is gone - who are we to argue with our body''s ability to heal itself. Enjoy pain free training!
2013-11-22 1:33 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Master

A good Arizona storm is rolling through. Winter rain=peppermint mocha. OH YEAH!!!!

2013-11-22 1:40 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

Funny - my co-worker said that he was going to buy some to bring to the production company that he also builds sets for as people keep stealing his food...  not to "give" them to anyone, but just to leave on his desk...  

That's funny stuff, but please tell me you've read these reviews before:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/r...

2013-11-22 1:43 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jobaxas What a day so far...feel so good! Went for a lunchtime swim. Managed to buy a 20 swim pass for $99 It's an outdoor heated pool open October through April. 25m. 7 lanes. All empty. Just me. 2km. feels so good to be back and enjoying it.

Excellent!  

2013-11-22 1:49 PM

User image

Master

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

CART-HORSE is a better way to push!

2013-11-22 1:52 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

November 23-24
Salty - PDX Regional Champs XC on Saturday
Kate - Spirit of Rock 1/2 marathon on Sunday
Mike  - Turkey Tumble for Autism 10K on Sunday

Disabled list:
Felicia - under the weather
Ann-Marie - hamstring
Darren - Tendinitis in both feet

November 25 is JoGo's birthday

Go Racing Manatees!

2013-11-22 2:01 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk ok one more thing - have you seen the Amazon reviews for the banana slicer or the bic pens for her? Well this one is even better - check the reviews! http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/product-... I'm crying at my desk I'm laughing so hard and waiting for someone to ask me what's wrong.

Need "Andrea" to write about her experience....in German. lol

2013-11-22 2:05 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Haven't been doing much swimming or running lately.  The weather changed and I fell in love with biking outdoors so have been doing only that form a month or two.   The racing season has just about wound down for this year.  But there is one more 10K to be found locally.    Yes, I am going to do it.  It's the Dam Bridge Run.    There's a 90 minute cut off; the flyer says don't register if you can't do the race holding a 14:30 minute pace.    

I reckon I can make that cut off without having done a run in relatively so long.    The forecast is good for the race; 51F and overcast.   That's the Goldie Locks zone for me. 

2013-11-22 2:08 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

That's funny stuff, but please tell me you've read these reviews before: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/r...

Absolutely I've read these... don't put veet for men on your knob and bollocks!  

Seems like sound advice to me.  

2013-11-22 2:09 PM
in reply to: MadMathemagician

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by MadMathemagician

Haven't been doing much swimming or running lately.  The weather changed and I fell in love with biking outdoors so have been doing only that form a month or two.   The racing season has just about wound down for this year.  But there is one more 10K to be found locally.    Yes, I am going to do it.  It's the Dam Bridge Run.    There's a 90 minute cut off; the flyer says don't register if you can't do the race holding a 14:30 minute pace.    

I reckon I can make that cut off without having done a run in relatively so long.    The forecast is good for the race; 51F and overcast.   That's the Goldie Locks zone for me. 

Enjoy the race - sounds like great weather to be running outside!   

2013-11-22 2:11 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

My Xmas shopping for Tony is now DONE, which feels great since I've been thinking and planning these things for a while, so I hope he likes what I'm giving him... and if he doesn't - too bad!   

It's going to be so much fun to spoil him this year.  

2013-11-22 2:15 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by Richardsdrr

That's funny stuff, but please tell me you've read these reviews before:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/r...

Great now I'm crying all over again today!! GOOD STUFF!
2013-11-22 3:18 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando

A good Arizona storm is rolling through. Winter rain=peppermint mocha. OH YEAH!!!!

Ha, ha, we had rainy is afternoon and I had a peppermint mocha too!

2013-11-22 3:20 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

YAY FOR NEW BIKES!   

That's what we talked about too, since he keeps fire balls and jaw breakers on his desk which mysteriously disappear when he's out of the office.
2013-11-22 3:22 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

November 23-24

Disabled list:
Ann-Marie - hamstring

Go Racing Manatees!

Go racing Manatees!!!

happy birthday Jo!!!!

2013-11-22 3:33 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

My Xmas shopping for Tony is now DONE, which feels great since I've been thinking and planning these things for a while, so I hope he likes what I'm giving him... and if he doesn't - too bad!   

Wow, it's not even t-giving! Good job. I've yet to even begin thinking of shopping.
2013-11-22 4:00 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Ha, ha, we had rainy is afternoon and I had a peppermint mocha too!

It's a manatee weather-related drink epidemic!  Rainy here, too, and I had a peppermint hot chocolate with my butternut squash soup!

2013-11-22 4:01 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

November 23-24

Disabled list:
Ann-Marie - hamstring

Go Racing Manatees!

GO Salty, Kate and Mike!!!

2013-11-22 4:19 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Racing Manatees!

November 23-24

Disabled list:
Ann-Marie - hamstring

Go Racing Manatees!

Go racing Manatees!!!

happy birthday Jo!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANATEEES!!!  YOU CAN DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEET! 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO! 

2013-11-22 4:21 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Wow, it's not even t-giving! Good job. I've yet to even begin thinking of shopping.

I just couldn't wait any longer... and this way I don't have to think about it anymore.  Shopping = DONE!  (except for the kiddos, but I'm not shopping for them until I hit Vancouver)  

2013-11-22 4:48 PM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

My favorite joke Amazon review is for The Secret.

2013-11-22 7:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

So is there any Veet for men in the stash?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.