BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-19 8:43 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

I had a great weekend of cycling.  Did a gravel ride Friday, long ride with the team working on drills along the way, and then we did some Mountain Biking on the trails, since we couldn't on Friday.  I've never done the expert loop of our local trail, so it was cool learning from the more experienced guys with how to tackle some of the obstacles.  

This week will be a recovery week before I begin the Tour of Sufferlandria.

2015-01-19 10:25 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Free to a good home:

• Cateye Mity 8 head unit.  Needs batteries.
  • Cateye Strada wireless head unit
  • Poolmate Swimovate watch, needs batteries (must be sent back to manufacturer for replacement?)
  • Garmin Speed/Cadence sensor (scratched)
  • Garmin footpod (the old, large one)

If you want any of these, please PM me by Friday the 23rd.

What's up with the fire sale, are you cleaning out a bunch of equipment to make room for newer stuff????

2015-01-19 10:29 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Originally posted by cdban66

Free to a good home:

• Poolmate Swimovate watch, needs batteries (must be sent back to manufacturer for replacement?)

What's up with the fire sale, are you cleaning out a bunch of equipment to make room for newer stuff????

lol. I was going to ask what new fangled contraptions she's getting ready to add.
2015-01-19 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Great job on your races Steve and Adrienne! Really cool results and it looks like ou had a good time.

Salty - Your observations on trail races are in line with my experiences. Lots of fun, laid back, and the people are really cool too. Enjoy! And stay safe, race in the bright orange!

Mary - I hope all is well with you and your training/PT/workouts, I'm sure it is a struggle at times but keep the faith, it'll come back to you stronger than before! You've come real far already.

MattMS - Cool weekend of riding for you!

MatTX - I hope the leg/foot comes along well. Really cool that you and the better half were able to get out for a run this weekend.

Neil - Heal up!

TJ - Sweet Ride, I shall add it to the album.

Yanti - What can I say, keep being you. The world needs more of that.

Judi - I can't imagine running with that sort of group. The emotions would be way more than  can handle.

Spanky - Date night rocks!!!  I hope you enjoyed the yoga

Nancy - I hope Louie is is A-OK. 

Erin - Keep the pictures coming, it is cool to see a completely different ecosystem than what I see here.

2015-01-19 10:52 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by rrrunner Judi I'll definitely log my miles there.So good day for me. Stopped in to my fave LTS for their big moving sale. Coach Scott was just finishing up a clinic so all the training group peeps were there so I got to catch up with a bunch of them. Coach introduced me to one of his new peeps as one of "his" athletes. Thought it was funny. Told him I'll do some of their group runs when it fits my training. Then this happened...

Hawt new wheels!

You guys are starting to make me miss riding the Dirty Bike...

2015-01-19 11:14 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Originally posted by glfprncs

It appears today's morning run has to be put on the back burner. My middle boy, Louie, woke us up at 3:30 in a lot of pain. Even though he's 11, being that he has 4 legs, it's hard for him to tell us where the pain is located. I'm thinking it's something spinal based on the way he's moving and when he yipes in pain, but here's hoping for something a little less sinister doggy disc issues.

Back from the vet...lots of pain in the thoracic spine area, so without venturing into more diagnostics yet, we're going under the assumption that the cool weather is aggravating some spinal arthritis or he's got a bit of a bulging disc.

For now, my Louie Bear is all wigged out on Rimadyl, and is happily and comfortably sleeping. Will keep him on the pain meds/anti inflams for a week and go from there. Of course, his 2 brothers are a bit peeved that our exciting afternoon of excitement at the park has been postponed until middle bro is on the mend.

I don't know how those of you with 2-legged kids do it. It's heartbreaking when they're not feeling good.

2015-01-19 12:21 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by msteiner

I had a great weekend of cycling.  Did a gravel ride Friday, long ride with the team working on drills along the way, and then we did some Mountain Biking on the trails, since we couldn't on Friday.  I've never done the expert loop of our local trail, so it was cool learning from the more experienced guys with how to tackle some of the obstacles.  

This week will be a recovery week before I begin the Tour of Sufferlandria.

I'm training almost up to it...I think I need it. 

Today was a mid-morning almost 2 hour trainer ride with almost an hour at sweet spot.  I'm PR'ing the 5, 10, and 20 seconds sprints almost every time out...real great for triathlete/time trialist, huh?  :-/

2015-01-19 12:23 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by glfprncs It appears today's morning run has to be put on the back burner. My middle boy, Louie, woke us up at 3:30 in a lot of pain. Even though he's 11, being that he has 4 legs, it's hard for him to tell us where the pain is located. I'm thinking it's something spinal based on the way he's moving and when he yipes in pain, but here's hoping for something a little less sinister doggy disc issues.
Back from the vet...lots of pain in the thoracic spine area, so without venturing into more diagnostics yet, we're going under the assumption that the cool weather is aggravating some spinal arthritis or he's got a bit of a bulging disc. For now, my Louie Bear is all wigged out on Rimadyl, and is happily and comfortably sleeping. Will keep him on the pain meds/anti inflams for a week and go from there. Of course, his 2 brothers are a bit peeved that our exciting afternoon of excitement at the park has been postponed until middle bro is on the mend. I don't know how those of you with 2-legged kids do it. It's heartbreaking when they're not feeling good.

At least they can tell you.  Hope the pup gets better soon.

2015-01-19 12:24 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by cdban66

Free to a good home:

lol. I was going to ask what new fangled contraptions she's getting ready to add.

It sounds like the contents of my "bike box" I have down in the workout room.  :-)

2015-01-19 1:50 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by glfprncs It appears today's morning run has to be put on the back burner. My middle boy, Louie, woke us up at 3:30 in a lot of pain. Even though he's 11, being that he has 4 legs, it's hard for him to tell us where the pain is located. I'm thinking it's something spinal based on the way he's moving and when he yipes in pain, but here's hoping for something a little less sinister doggy disc issues.
Back from the vet...lots of pain in the thoracic spine area, so without venturing into more diagnostics yet, we're going under the assumption that the cool weather is aggravating some spinal arthritis or he's got a bit of a bulging disc. For now, my Louie Bear is all wigged out on Rimadyl, and is happily and comfortably sleeping. Will keep him on the pain meds/anti inflams for a week and go from there. Of course, his 2 brothers are a bit peeved that our exciting afternoon of excitement at the park has been postponed until middle bro is on the mend. I don't know how those of you with 2-legged kids do it. It's heartbreaking when they're not feeling good.

Wishing the best for your pup.   It hurts when they hurt, innocent little dears.

2015-01-19 2:37 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by jobaxas Her Yantiness made me cry today! In other news I planned my long run today - just 8km to the beach where I would meet DH and daughter and Scooby, have breakfast walk dog come home. but i seem to have brought something home from Thailand - out damn parasite! or should I say parashite. Instead i was at the doc being asked to poop in a cup… some extra strong medication was prescribed which has left the worst taste in my mouth but hopefully all will be healed!

ParaFACHMIEshite?

Aw sweetie. Ha. I know all about those! Foulmouth probably means metronidazole (Flagyl)?

You made me cry too YET AGAIN. Man, I miss that little guy.

For anyone who missed it, since I've been a bitHOLYSHYTELOTS busy with the little fellers, I found another trash-heap cat (in much worse shape) a few days ago. After rallying really well he finally succumbed to serious shytes (which never really stopped since he came home with me) this afternoon. He had still been fairly well in countenance, activity, affection and appetite if not other gastro functions this morning, so it was very quick.

RIP Nicky

I'm sorry to hear that he's gone. I've fostered kittens and puppies and it's the worst when one of the babies (young or old) doesn't make it.

2015-01-19 2:49 PM
in reply to: Emer

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

It is now official: I am a Sponsered athlete for Team Sunrype! Which means I get free tri kit! Woohoo!! (awesome, since my stuff has seen much better days and I am too poor to get the really good stuff! AND FREE FRUIT SNACKS! ok, I have to distribute most of it, but I will happily partake too--fruit strips, fruit and grain bars--all gluten and nut free, I can totally do that! (unless the husband eats them all first.) I am waiting for details before I spread the word on FB, but I am SUPER  excited---and now have MORE motivation to train!

2015-01-19 3:03 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by kgore

It is now official: I am a Sponsered athlete for Team Sunrype! Which means I get free tri kit! Woohoo!! (awesome, since my stuff has seen much better days and I am too poor to get the really good stuff! AND FREE FRUIT SNACKS! ok, I have to distribute most of it, but I will happily partake too--fruit strips, fruit and grain bars--all gluten and nut free, I can totally do that! (unless the husband eats them all first.) I am waiting for details before I spread the word on FB, but I am SUPER  excited---and now have MORE motivation to train!

Woooooo hoooooooo!!  That's really cool!!  Guess you're going to have to do some tris now, huh?

2015-01-19 3:06 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Master
Orlando

I am really, really behind, so:

Congrats to our super speedy manatee racers!!  

Salty- I completely agree about trail races being more laid back than other races and I love them for that (and other) reasons.

Yanti- I'm so sorry about Nicky, but as others have said, at least he was well loved for a time.

Nancy - hope your pup feels better soon.

Kate- congrats on being part of a team.

Janyne- I hope the fire sale means you are getting a whole bunch of cool new stuff.

Everyone else - sounds like most had great training weekends, so yay!

Sorry if I missed anyone!! 

2015-01-19 3:06 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

Just had an incredible opportunity fall in my lap.  I was talking to a guy on the bus who turns out to be a former pro cyclist.  He has an all-carbon road bike in my size with ~200 mi. on it that he's willing to sell--with a trainer--for $600!!!!!  I know I just got Red this summer, but I don't think I can pass up this opportunity.  I want to at least give it a test ride.  Sometimes it pays to talk to strangers!

2015-01-19 3:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by laffinrock

Just had an incredible opportunity fall in my lap.  I was talking to a guy on the bus who turns out to be a former pro cyclist.  He has an all-carbon road bike in my size with ~200 mi. on it that he's willing to sell--with a trainer--for $600!!!!!  I know I just got Red this summer, but I don't think I can pass up this opportunity.  I want to at least give it a test ride.  Sometimes it pays to talk to strangers!

That's a pretty sweet deal!

2015-01-19 4:10 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Woooooo hoooooooo!!  That's really cool!!  Guess you're going to have to do some tris now, huh?

Well, I am already registered for one mini, I plan on doing three Olympics, and then my first 1/2...so I have a few planned.

Edited by kgore 2015-01-19 4:10 PM
2015-01-19 4:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Originally posted by msteiner

That's a pretty sweet deal!

AWESOME!
2015-01-19 4:52 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Crazy-good deal!

2015-01-19 5:30 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by melbo55

Crazy-good deal!

that's great - maybe I should start taking the bus.
2015-01-19 6:27 PM

User image

That's a super sweet deal!! Maybe I should ride something other than a school bus for once so I can talk to strangers...

2015-01-19 8:59 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Hope Louie heals up soon!  You might consider PT or chiropractic if his symptoms continue. (Yes, they really do do canine chiropractic.  We've taken several of our dogs and they've gotten some pretty good relief.)

2015-01-19 9:07 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by fortissimo

That's a super sweet deal!! Maybe I should ride something other than a school bus for once so I can talk to strangers...

Robin, I was on the 15L.  You can all kinds of interesting conversations on that route!  For those of you not here in Denver, that's a line that's well-known for having lots of intoxicated, obviously mentally ill, and/or homeless folks on it.  Those people always have interesting things to say.  I don't say that in a derogatory way; it's just that they often have perspectives I hadn't considered, and yes, are sometimes very obnoxious about making those perspectives known.

In this case, the guy wasn't any of those.  He's actually a documentary film maker and seems on the up-and-up.  I sent him an email.  I'll keep you posted about what happens.  I might just have a new submission for the bike gallery soon!!!

2015-01-19 9:09 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master

Went to Saguaro National Park today. Aptly named! Not sure I've ever seen so many of them in one area. Literally, a forest of cacti...minus any shade. Whew! It was really, really warm. I was pouring water into and over the kids to keep them cooled. We hiked up a river bed and climbed dry waterfalls. Ok, the kids wanted to climb everything.

Saguaros can live 200 years, but they grow very slowly. This baby (pic) I found was only 1-2" tall, which makes it around 10 years old.

(20150119_133120.jpg)

(20150119_134508.jpg)

(20150119_130930-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20150119_133120.jpg (80KB - 2 downloads)
20150119_134508.jpg (54KB - 2 downloads)
20150119_130930-1.jpg (62KB - 1 downloads)
2015-01-19 9:17 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master

Dear viral pharyngitis:

Eff off.

Sincerely,

Kirsten

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55456 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.