Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Latest Issue of Triathlete Mag. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-04-28 9:48 PM
in reply to: #2116158

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Latest Issue of Triathlete Mag.
I think the side article is pretty funny, actually. Read Lance Armstrong's War to see about how even among straight guys they're sizing each other up, and that "looking the best" has a lot to do with psyching the other guy out.

But I don't think triathlon really makes one body-obsessive. I think it enhances the obsessive nature that's already there, and the training just becomes the means to that end. But that's not the case for everyone (or even a majority, in my opinion).

Do I check out the female triathletes at the races? Sure. I check out the females at Costco, too. There's just a higher concentration of nice bodies at the events...

2009-04-29 8:21 AM

User image

Master
Malvern, PA

I believe the picture that begins the "Body Image" article is BT's own....

TRIXIE

looks awesome!

2009-04-29 8:50 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Any one else notice the irony of the ad RIGHT after the body image article? An appetite control supplement...
2009-04-29 9:28 AM
in reply to: #2116340

User image

Master
Cypress, CA

Yeah, I don't think a girl with like 2% body fat would normally have it all in one place (well, OK two places) like that...

2009-04-29 10:47 AM
in reply to: #2117288

User image

Elite
Phoenix, AZ

briderdt - 2009-04-28 7:48 PM I think the side article is pretty funny, actually. Read Lance Armstrong's War to see about how even among straight guys they're sizing each other up, and that "looking the best" has a lot to do with psyching the other guy out.

But I don't think triathlon really makes one body-obsessive. I think it enhances the obsessive nature that's already there, and the training just becomes the means to that end. But that's not the case for everyone (or even a majority, in my opinion).

Do I check out the female triathletes at the races? Sure. I check out the females at Costco, too. There's just a higher concentration of nice bodies at the events...

You nailed it.

2009-04-29 1:03 PM

User image

Master
Franklin, TN

Mine came in the mail the other day. I don't mind at all. And yeah, I nearly slammed into the wall yesterday morning from stealing a glance (Speedo Vanquishers don't offer much peripheral vision!) of the ex-collegiate swimmer (female) sharing the lane with me...

2009-04-29 1:35 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
There are better examples of triathletes gals with attractive bodies inside the magazine. I just think it is pretty dumb to put her on the cover with a tagline about triathletes obsessed over their bodies and she was not secure enough with her own and had to go get implants. I think it is pretty sick that she looked at herself and said, "Ya know, I am a good athlete, I am in tremendous shape, I have a form that is attractive to 99% of men but I want to go under general anesthesia and have elective surgery to try to fix what is a defect in my own head"
small boobies on a sane girl>>>>>>>big boobies on a crazy one
if you divide by boobies you get    sane>>>>crazy (no matter the boobies)
2009-04-29 1:39 PM
in reply to: #2118754

User image

Master
Tiger's Den
bananatoes - 2009-04-29 2:35 PM There are better examples of triathletes gals with attractive bodies inside the magazine. I just think it is pretty dumb to put her on the cover with a tagline about triathletes obsessed over their bodies and she was not secure enough with her own and had to go get implants. I think it is pretty sick that she looked at herself and said, "Ya know, I am a good athlete, I am in tremendous shape, I have a form that is attractive to 99% of men but I want to go under general anesthesia and have elective surgery to try to fix what is a defect in my own head"
if you divide by boobies you get    sane>>>>crazy (no matter the boobies)[/
QUOTE]

I love this!!! And as a girl who was once heavier with bigger boobs, I kinda like my smaller more normal looking ones...

I really don't care one way or another, but it does seem like a waste of an issue when they could be focusing in on something else... but money talks and if it sells more issues then whatever. I'll probably skip this issue since I don't have a subscription...
2009-04-29 1:45 PM
in reply to: #2118754

User image

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
bananatoes - 2009-04-29 2:35 PM There are better examples of triathletes gals with attractive bodies inside the magazine. I just think it is pretty dumb to put her on the cover with a tagline about triathletes obsessed over their bodies and she was not secure enough with her own and had to go get implants. I think it is pretty sick that she looked at herself and said, "Ya know, I am a good athlete, I am in tremendous shape, I have a form that is attractive to 99% of men but I want to go under general anesthesia and have elective surgery to try to fix what is a defect in my own head"

Not to derail, but you're saying that the only reason women get implants is because they are insecure?  (And I'm not talking about Masectomy (sp))

2009-04-29 1:50 PM
in reply to: #2118780

Marvarnett - 2009-04-29 2:45 PM

Not to derail, but you're saying that the only reason women get implants is because they are insecure?  (And I'm not talking about Masectomy (sp))

Yeah, I wasn't gonna say anything about that one, but I did notice that. I also ASSUME that he was excluding women with REAL boobies that happened to be large. Having large ones that are real isn't a choice.

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2009-04-29 1:50 PM
2009-04-29 2:10 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
I think fake big boobies on ladies look as silly as they would on a man. And yes, I am excluding all natural healthy boobies no matter the size. And no, I am not lumping people with reconstructive needs post cancer,accident,etc. I am speaking to the crazy that seems to affect alot of this country (male and female) to feel the need to alter healthy normal body parts (nose jobs, collagen, pec implants, fake boobies, lipo, botox, etc) to feel better about themselves.

2009-04-29 5:56 PM
in reply to: #2118851

User image

Elite
Raleigh

bananatoes - 2009-04-29 2:10 PM I think fake big boobies on ladies look as silly as they would on a man. And yes, I am excluding all natural healthy boobies no matter the size. And no, I am not lumping people with reconstructive needs post cancer,accident,etc. I am speaking to the crazy that seems to affect alot of this country (male and female) to feel the need to alter healthy normal body parts (nose jobs, collagen, pec implants, fake boobies, lipo, botox, etc) to feel better about themselves.

One of the most offensive posts I think I have ever read....

I got news for you, you have no idea what you are talking about.... My wife has breast implants, she was a collegiate athelete, has a PHD and is professor at one of the nations top universities. There is nothing about her that is insecure and or crazy.. I think your generalizations are offending to every person who has ever wanted to improve themselves, whether that be lose weight, change their hair color, whiten their teeth, or have elective surgery...

I bet there are plenty of professional athletes that have breast implants... 

Edited by trigods 2009-04-29 5:56 PM
2009-04-29 5:59 PM
in reply to: #2116198

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville, KY
wurkit_gurl - 2009-04-28 2:19 PM

I'm not gonna lie - I like ogling the hawt male triathletes at races, in training, etc. I've definitely come close to wiping out on my bike or falling all over myself while running (only in training, though, don't worry) from staring at some tasty-looking specimen going by. And body marking is FUN. The hot ones make up for the fat, hairy guys

I'm volunteering at IMKY, and tried to get the body marking job.....they are the first spots to go....missed it....damn. 
2009-04-29 7:27 PM
in reply to: #2117780

User image

Champion
Michigan

maxmattmick - 2009-04-29 9:21 AM

I believe the picture that begins the "Body Image" article is BT's own....

TRIXIE

looks awesome!

Don't think it's me. Sorry. I was there at the shoot but was not part of the swimsuit edition shoot.  Furthermore I didn't sign a release form, so I assume it's not me.  That being said I've not yet seen the pic...

2009-04-29 7:36 PM
in reply to: #2119358

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
trigods - 2009-04-29 5:56 PM

bananatoes - 2009-04-29 2:10 PM I think fake big boobies on ladies look as silly as they would on a man. And yes, I am excluding all natural healthy boobies no matter the size. And no, I am not lumping people with reconstructive needs post cancer,accident,etc. I am speaking to the crazy that seems to affect alot of this country (male and female) to feel the need to alter healthy normal body parts (nose jobs, collagen, pec implants, fake boobies, lipo, botox, etc) to feel better about themselves.

I got news for you, you have no idea what you are talking about.... My wife has breast implants, she was a collegiate athelete, has a PHD and is professor at one of the nations top universities. There is nothing about her that is insecure and or crazy.. I think your generalizations are offending to every person who has ever wanted to improve themselves, whether that be lose weight, change their hair color, whiten their teeth, or have elective surgery...

I think it was an opinion, not a personal attack on your wife.

Where's the popcorn?
2009-04-29 8:31 PM
in reply to: #2119534

User image

Elite
Raleigh

lisac957 - 2009-04-29 7:36 PM
trigods - 2009-04-29 5:56 PM

I think it was an opinion, not a personal attack on your wife.

Where's the popcorn?

I think it was a personal attack on all women who choose to have something done to their body. That is fine  if he does not like implants on women, that is his right but to say that women who have them are crazy and insecure is actually an attack. Frankly iI am suprised more women have not spoken up...

2009-04-29 8:32 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-04-29 8:43 PM

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
trigods - 2009-04-29 6:56 PM

Also one of the most offensive posts I have ever read.

I've got news for you, you have no idea what you are talking about... Ted Kaczynski was a Ph.D., and was a professor at the University of California-Berkeley.  There is plenty about him that is insecure and/or crazy.  I think your generalizations are offending to every crazy and/or insecure person who has ever wanted to blow something up while teaching mathematics on the side...

I bet there are plenty of Ph.D.s who have a screw or two loose...
2009-04-29 8:45 PM
in reply to: #2118851

Pro
NorCal
bananatoes - 2009-04-29 12:10 PM I think fake big boobies on ladies look as silly as they would on a man. And yes, I am excluding all natural healthy boobies no matter the size. And no, I am not lumping people with reconstructive needs post cancer,accident,etc. I am speaking to the crazy that seems to affect alot of this country (male and female) to feel the need to alter healthy normal body parts (nose jobs, collagen, pec implants, fake boobies, lipo, botox, etc) to feel better about themselves.

Life is too short to be miserable, if "altering healthy normal body parts" makes you happy, GO FOR IT!!!

2009-04-29 8:59 PM
in reply to: #2119718

Elite
Raleigh

newleaf - 2009-04-29 8:43 PM

I've got news for you, you have no idea what you are talking about... Ted Kaczynski was a Ph.D., and was a professor at the University of California-Berkeley.  There is plenty about him that is insecure and/or crazy.  I think your generalizations are offending to every crazy and/or insecure person who has ever wanted to blow something up while teaching mathematics on the side...

I am more offended that you find my post offensive abou the most offensive post I have ever read...
And my wife wants your address, she has a package she wants to leave on your doorstep....

2009-04-29 9:01 PM
in reply to: #2119772

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
trigods - 2009-04-29 9:59 PM

newleaf - 2009-04-29 8:43 PM

I am more offended that you find my post offensive abou the most offensive post I have ever read...
And my wife wants your address, she has a package she wants to leave on your doorstep....

Only if she doesn't teach math. 

2009-04-29 9:07 PM

Veteran

Nope...I teach IT to government types (and wanna-be government types), so my packages are safe.  But my emails, on the other hand......

Thanks honey (trigods) for defending my right to have my plastic fantastics and not be insecure or crazy

2009-04-29 9:32 PM

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
I'm offended, but I'm not quite sure why.

/proudly representing the aero-boob sector

2009-04-29 10:01 PM
in reply to: #2119800

fitphd - 2009-04-29 7:07 PM

Nope...I teach IT to government types (and wanna-be government types), so my packages are safe.  But my emails, on the other hand......

Thanks honey (trigods) for defending my right to have my plastic fantastics and not be insecure or crazy

You mean those aren't natural?
2009-04-29 10:11 PM

Champion
Dallas, TX
Frankly iI am suprised more women have not spoken up...

Eh, why bother with responding to crazy and ignorant people? Really. Let him go.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Latest Issue of Triathlete Mag. Rss Feed  

of 4