General Discussion Race Reports! » Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron - Triathlon1/2 Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Galveston, Texas
United States
EndorFUN SPORTS
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 47m 38s
Overall Rank = 1031/1586
Age Group = W45-49
Age Group Rank = 30/47
Pre-race routine:

I had intended to make this short but like usual didn't happen...skip ahead if you'd like

We arrived in Houston Friday and meet some BTers at 288 Lake for ows practice only about 8' from airport, had many fun meals with BT friends some new and some old. We enjoyed meeting in person many folks we have known for long time only on line through BT.

Kevin raced the sprint and Rene the Oly both the day before with delays for weather and finally swim was canceled. Both did great and had fun.

I looked back and my past races prior to this and saw some areas I could improve and execute better. Number one was going to hard on the bike given my bike/run fitness and had a slower than expected run. In talking over race plan with my coach, my thought was I'd rather be 5-10 watts lower on the bike and have solid run and most likely be faster overall than push a bit more on the bike and have poor run.

So number one goal for this race for me was to execute my plan and set myself up to run well. I can't control the weather. predicted to be low 80s, no shade and windy, only me and how I execute my race.

I had done two race simulations that helped me practice pacing on bike and run and I knew how those had felt. Big mystery would be the weather and living in MA and racing early in TX and typically I run about 60 seconds a mile slower on the run when it's hot needed to be smart to bike pacing and try to keep cool.

My coach and I worked on race plan which helped me mentally focus on what I needed to execute. It turned out to be 4 pages long and very detailed but was helpful for me going into the race.

One of the biggest challenges I have with racing is the few days post race where I tend to see in black and white how I did and where I fit.I'm slow and don't place well despite that I think I work hard and it can be discouraging. The last couple of years I have worked on staying positive, focusing on what I control which is only me not others not the weather and finding joy in racing along with training. I don't race for a time but as I like training and lifestyle. I need to make peace with my abilities and be kinder to myself.

Training is done, now it comes down to race execution and in longer race it's about pacing and hitting nutrition right.
Event warmup:

Dinner night before: chicken, wild rice, and few strawberries
Up at 5, ate eggs, wild rice and granola bar, left at 5:30 to get to Transition, parked in parking garage
Set up transition pleased I was feeling calm
Found the indoor restrooms..note to self don't eat black beans day before race
Waited around long while as transition closed 6:45 and my wave off 7:55

Hung out with Rene and Kevin for awhile trying to sit down. After being off caffeine for 14 weeks opted to have some Diet Mountain Dew hour before the race which had me looking for bathroom or port a potty. Put on my wetsuit with about 25' to my start. Rene and I looked at how it fit when I put it on the day before for short swim and came up with strategy to get arms, shoulders, under arms to fit better by having seam hit this bone in my hand. With Rene's help wetsuit top went on smoothly. Had a PB chocolate gel with caffeine with 15' to go.

Saw Brittney and her friends prior to going onto the pier to wait with 45+ old women wave.

Saw both Mary and Suzy both in my wave and chatted a bit which was good to stay calm.

Jumped off the pier, warmed up my wetsuit and felt much better and swam over to the starting line.

I was excited for my race to get started

Swim
  • 56m 56s
  • 2112 yards
  • 02m 42s / 100 yards
Comments:

Mental: Be the pike, stay calm only 10-12’ until in pike zone
Goal: Site well, feel positive with swim, sub 50’

Typically early season ows I have some anxious times doing first few ows and had some concern how doing a early 70.3 would go. I had done ows the two days prior to the race and had felt calm and swam at race site about 10' evening prior which was big positive to feel comfortable.

I swim right and course was counter clockwise so I opted to start left so others would be mostly on my right and help corral me in from swimming off course right.

Off we went and I was calm, feeling good and staying positive with no anxious thoughts or feelings..progress! The swim out to the turn buoy was great, staying with my fellow red capped older women and was swimming straight. Best was my mind was very positive and I felt good. After the turn, we hit waves. They made turning to breath a bit more. I was staying positive even as later waves caught up with me. I did pass a few men here..yah me!

Swimming with older women all in a wave rocks...when we bump into each other we are polite and apologize. Very different feel than IM swim.

If I counted right there were 7 buoys on the into the wave/current section which was by far longest part of swim course. I kept swimming and was feeling okay, staying positive and moving forward. After 3-4 buoys on this long stretch started to wonder when this would ever be done. Just before turn buoy I got a big gulp of the Gulf water and had to stop and cough. I don't know if I swallowed a lot of water but more had

Rounding the last turn buoy and heading for finish was great to get out of the waves some. Swam up to the exit ramp they built to avoid stepping on oyster beds and possibly cutting my fee.

Sort of jogging up the ramp, took off the top to my wetsuit, went to the end of the strippers and picked to guys to get bottoms off. I saw both Rene and Kevin cheering for me. I saw the clock and knew my swim was not what I hoped for time wise but was pleased with my execution of staying positive, feeling comfortable and swimming straight all in salt water which I typically don't like much.

I did enjoy parts of the swim which is progress for me.
What would you do differently?:

I did have a bit of negative thinking that my secret time goal wasn't going to happen today. I know from past staying moment focused and doing best right now is key for me to have good race..swim was over now to focus on transition.

Time goal I didn't hit but course swam long either due to course length and/or current & waves. MOP swim was 46-47' and for me to be within 9' of that and be faster than 10 women in my AG is something I'm happy with.

I continue to work on my swim and I'm still waiting for that ahh moment. For my current abilities it was solid swim.
Transition 1
  • 03m 23s
Comments:

Focused on helmet on, sunglasses, Garmin, shoes, and off I go sort of jogging as I go.

I see Kevin near the bike out yelling for me and saying he finally is going to get a bike mount picture. Did my typical cross mount and almost ran into the barriers..as I was avoiding others on the right side...not very smooth.

Bike
  • 3h 15m 10s
  • 56 miles
  • 17.22 mile/hr
Comments:

Mental: Focus & execution
Goal: Hit watt goals, keep VI 1.03 or under unless I adjust power goals; then vi low 1.03 for each section

As soon as I got on my bike and was clipped in got in aero and stayed there. Passed a lot of women first mile out to the seawall. Kept eye on my watts. Plan was to not take in anything until water at 10' then at 20' start my nutrition plan. My mouth has saltwater taste so I'd take in water swish it around and spit it out until 10' mark.

I hadn't pre driven the course..it's flat and along the water..easy to ride steady and nothing technical to worry about. It was windy and it is harder for me to keep watts steady into the wind than with a tail wind so I had to focus. One gear I have issues getting into and I would have used it a bunch on first half of course. I have new cassette which I had on my Zipps but with Kevin racing Saturday on my bike and the chaos of travel didn't put it on knowing I had enough time to make sure it was working well. In hindsight should have swapped it out Friday when I put my bike together but didn't want Kevin to have any bike issues.

I didn't feel great riding...watts were about 4-8 below what I was aiming for. My left hip flexor or psoas was sore and legs felt flat. Based on RPE and what was going on with me figured watts I was riding was right. At about 50' I started to feel slightly better but not normal.

I passed a bunch of women and started passing some men. I saw Suzy out there which made me smile and we chatted briefly as I passed her.

I race with my power tap computer on watts, cadence and time..speed and pace isn't even programed for me to see. I'm pretty good at math so when I passed the 5 mile sign at 20' I was like ohh this isn't going to be the bike split I hoped for and wind is bad. My pace improved as I went farther on the out section and my watts were steady so it was the wind that was effecting me. Racing with watts and not pace is great as terrain and conditions don't effect my perception of my race.

I enjoyed seeing the pros and other fast AG coming back into town. I checked out the bikes of those I passed and those that passed me..lots of nice rides out there.

Over the one bridge with some nasty pavement then last 6 miles until the turn around. Wind seem to be helping me more here and I was hoping the wind didn't turn so I'd get a head wind back. Mostly I just focusing on keeping my watts in line and doing my nutrition every 20'. Racing with power makes pacing much easier. Interesting to watch the folks on the other side close to the turn around go from men to fast women.

I wore my Zoot compression sleeves all day. Every time someone with compression socks or sleeves passed me or me them, I'd make a comment like are you part of the elite sexy sock group too?

I did get funky tan lines which I still have..this is post race

In time the wind gets annoying...constant but changing so frequent shifting and it plays in my head with constant wind noise. Not riding much in wind like that I was hoping that my assessment of mostly headwind was right as I didn't want it to be worse coming back in.

Hit the turn around and was told now you get the tail wind..liar liar pants on fire...wind was horrible coming from the side and felt I was leaning on my bike and by watching others around me probably was. My thought is let's see after we get over the bridge what it's like. Course is out and back but not completely straight. I kept checking out bikes and looking at the scenery. Fans were scattered on the bike course which was nice.

Over the bridge and thankfully cross winds were better but I didn't feel I got any tailwind. I did do more riding in big chain ring going back to town as way out was mostly little chain ring.

Need to pee and saw and empty port a potty so opted for 45" break which lots of folks passed me. Mostly I was passing folks on way back to town and only couple passed me.

After the port a potty break at ~2:20 I felt much better. Finally about 15 miles from town I felt a tail wind and could tell I was going slightly faster. Doing math at mile signs could tell overall pace was improving slightly. I figured I'd be back before 3:17 if my math was right.

At mile 50 took last of my nutrition on the bike with goal to go into the run with having my stomach emptier so less possible slosh feeling running. Took last drink with 20' to go and after that point took in water and spit it out to keep my mouth wet as it was hot and dry.

It was warm but on the bike with wind it didn't feel warm to me. I did ponder how the run would feel and if I had been overly optimistic that 2:30 was possible. Running when it is hot and windy cools me down but Moody Gardens isn't open and windy like the bike course.

Turn off the seawall and hit strong headwind and I'm sure my pace dropped significantly. Did legal drafting as much as I could for last mile into Moody Gardens.

BIKE SPLIT 1: 28 mi 28 mi (1:39:51) 16.83 mph
BIKE SPLIT 2: 56 mi 28 mi (1:35:50) 17.53 mph
BIKE END: 56 mi 3:15:41 17.17 mph

Duration: 3:17:56-inc T1 &T2 some
Work: 1414 kJ
TSS: 151.2 (intensity factor 0.677)
Norm Power: 122
VI: 1.02
Distance: 56.583 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0- 347 119 watts
Cadence:32-201 84 rpm

Based on old zones this would have been an IF of .763 which is probably spot on for 70.3 racing for me..with new zones and training in them 70.3 watts will be higher hopefully 15 watts or more as my CP goes up this year. Given I hadn't practiced them in race simulations opted to go with old zones and be a tad conservative.

My watts were a little lower than plan but given how I was feeling that was the right adjustment.

I did think that riding a little bit conservative would set me up for faster overall time and better run.

hyrdation/nutrition
5 doses of jet fuel or 110 grams of maltodextrin
2 Lava salt in jet fuel
2 power bar gels with caffeine one at 60' one towards end
1 fun size twix bar
1 chocolate covered pretzel
24 oz water with jet fuel
I think about 4 aerobottles of water
goal was to have to urinate by mile 40 which I did so hydration was good as temps are far different than where I live...nice hydration went smoothly

First and second half of race my watts were the same and my variability index was 1.02 which means I keep consistent and even watts which was my goal as it sets up for run better. For me this was great execution and big improvement for me on HIM bike.

Transition 2
  • 02m 49s
Comments:

I was looking for Rene and Kevin but didn't see or hear them. I like transitions. Put on socks and shoes, grabbed hat and Fuel Belt and off I went.
Run
  • 2h 28m 49s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Mental: at half way point: No compromise
Goal: Execute well, pick up the pace, know discomfort is expected, time goal sub 2:30 if weather allows
Pace start with E pace first two loops and then pick up pace based on how I felt.

I've been working on run pacing last two years and have improved. In races in the past I tend to get slower and slower. Goal today was to negative split. Hopefully coming off the bike I'd feel strong running which would indicate I paced bike well.

This was 4 loop course so as I go out onto the run lots of guys are on their last lap and faster women. Everyone I mean 100% of the runners were passing me and many like I was standing still. I looked at my Garmin and I was running to fast...slow down Kathy...good indication I paced bike right. Strange I was okay with being passed by everyone and it was a cool aspect to the race to be with all the other racers. Many races being toward the slow side I never see the faster competitors.

The run course is crazy with out and backs and with lots of 90 and 180s. But in time doing it four time I saw the genius in the course. It allowed car traffic to continue flow yet we used the facility well. I liked the multiple look course as knew what to expect. I'd see my husband, Rene and Steve 3x a loop. Fans were along 70% of the course and there was only one short slight hill.

It was hot and sunny day with no clouds on the sky without much wind or shade on the course. I typically wilt in the sun and this being early season TX race and me being from MA figured hot weather would be a big negative factor for me.

My plan to keep cool was sponges every aid station and ice down my shirt and in my hat. Took two aid stations to find the ice as they were using it for sponge soak but not giving it out. I'd take water early in aid station then dump what was left and get my own ice out of sponge bath and dump it down my top. It would last ~15' so I'd get ice every 1-2 aid stations. It made me sound cooler does when full of ice when I ran.

My plan was to run the course and walk the aid stations. I saw few BTers and shouted out encouragement but never ran with anyone. Running with someone else can play with my mind as long race my mind craves people but running with others can allow me to let down my mental toughness and follow them which may include walking. Being alone allows me to execute better.

Loop 1: Settled in and tried not to run to fast first few miles. Got the lay out of course down and knew where 4 aid stations were and where ice was at each

Loop 2: Number of racers was slightly less, found my pace and just executed. Didn't do much thinking and was in a good spot. Opted to ditch my Fuel Belt as aid stations were frequent and was getting enough water there. Worried a tad about electrolytes but was taking power bar gel every 39' with 200 mg of sodium so should be good. Was a bit unsure at end of second loop if 2:30 was doable..looked like possibility but would be tight and meant no slowing down.

Loop 3: I was able to pick up the pace a tad and feel strong and I was optimistic that I was going to have solid run. Heat wasn't getting to me which was awesome..just focused on executing. Last half of loop things started to hurt and run became more difficult. Finished at 1:50 wow..I think I can hit 2:30 my most biggest goal of my race..I was excited...hopeful and wondering if I could hang on.

Loop 4: Kevin & Rene had moved to the finish line but saw Steve, execute don't compromise as things began to hurt more and more. No walking just do it....this loop most everyone was walking which I find contagious so important to do my own thing. After loop 1 of everyone passing me, this loop was my revenge as I was passing everyone. Challenging yes...felt like I really had to pee so I walked a few steps to see if I could go as normally I feel better after wards..no go so kept going. Lap seemed to go by pretty quickly last half..picked up the effort not sure if pace picked up. The feeling of finally nailing a run in longer race motivated me a lot I made it to the last turn by the swim playground, Rene is there telling me how great I'm doing and she is off to tell Kevin I'm about to finish. I keep on going, get closer and closer to finish, see a women in my AG and run past her, finish strong!

Deep down felt overwhelmed that I did well and hit my run goal and executed my race plan spot on.

Strange to say but it felt easier than races that I have struggled. Last HIM I did I had lots of negative thoughts during the run but not today.

Incredible feeling to finally after 7 years put together a solid race and execute well. I rarely cry but I teared up after finishing knowing I did something that doesn't happen often...celebrate it Kathy.

Look at my lap times all within 38 seconds...my pacing has improved

RUN SPLIT 1: 3.275 mi 3.275 mi (37:09) 11:20/mi
RUN SPLIT 2: 6.55 mi 3.275 mi (37:35) 11:28/mi
RUN SPLIT 3: 9.8 mi 3.275 mi (36:57) 11:16/mi
RUN SPLIT 4: 13.1 mi 3.275 mi (37:08) 11:20/mi
TOTAL RUN 13.1 mi. (2:28:49) 11:21/mile 1031

nutrition: 1 gel end of first three loops, water ever aid station 16 of them, one time half coke and half water..didn't taste great 3rd aid station loop 3

I'm still surprised how I did..run was different than I thought it would be..harder towards the end but doable. While running I didn't feel super overheated like I normally do at those temps...but I did use sponges and ice which they weren't giving out but I took each aid station I could and it wouldn't melt for 15'. I think it helped a lot. After the race I changed and when I went to get my bike and go to the car it felt about 20 degrees hotter to me which is weird as it wasn't and typically running I would feel hotter than walking around. No matter the whys keeping cooler with ice/sponges I think was super helpful for me to have a good run.
Post race
Warm down:

Positives:
PB for run in 70.3 by 14'
PB on bike for 70.3
Learned effect pacing can have on run
nutrition/hydration went well
Hit my race plan goals
Dealt well with the heat living in MA racing early in TX
Mentally positive during race

Best part is I had fun out there

I do wonder if taking this less serious as it wasn't an A race was better me mentally.

Found Kevin & Rene and felt okay for me post race...wanted to get out of the sun, sit and wasn't really hungry. I drank recovery drink. I went to the food tent and got some food but really just picked at it.

Took off my shoes and socks which I wrung out 3x as they has lots of water in them. Changed and saw I chaffed a bunch on my tri short line in front.

I felt off not horrible but not normal for a few hours.

Big thank you to my husband Kevin for supporting me up to and during the race. I felt like I had my own paparazzi...as he takes great photos. Rene was fantastic sherpa/friend Sunday and helped me in many ways.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

This was by far the best executed long course race I've done. All my execution goals I hit and what more can I ask. Nutrition, hydration and execution are the what I can control

Time falls where it does. Time goals are weird as finish time is effected by conditions of weather, terrain, course accuracy and setting time goals hard to predict those things.

Now the important part of the post race time is for me to find peace with my times and placement and celebrate what I accomplished. I learned a lot...bike pacing is king when it comes to having solid run in HIMs and IMs. There is a big difference in reading about it then actually accomplishing it and feeling the difference on how the run plays out.

Need to work more on zone 3 HIM bike pacing and continue to do race simulations before my next 70.3. I'd like to lose 10-15 pound before IMFL if I can.

Thanks to my coach Shane who guided my training and helped me be ready to execute this race in hot location early in the season. After three flat years it is good to see some progress.

This was a big positive for me and hope to have it be start to amazing 2010 season.

Event comments:

Keith and his staff put on great races! Big reason I came to TX to do this race is I know that his races are top notch.

I wasn't impressed with the changes Ironman the brand has done. Expo sucked..all shirts are K Swiss which for women run super small and short..tech shirts were okay but t shirts felt like fabric was that of $3 t shirt. Only Ironman sponsors merchandise is sold at expo now so selection is limited. Gone are the nice finisher t shirts & bottles like at Mooseman. Sprint and Oly folks got towels when they finished but not the 70.3 folks.

They had women cut tech shirts as race shirts which is great idea on surface but every women registered thinking they'd be men's shirt sizes so order 1-2 size smaller than they should have as the shirts run small. Ironman should make a note of that on registration form and allow you to select a t shirt that might actually fit well.

Race volunteers were awesome, aid stations organized well and consistent so we'd know what would be where both on bike and run. Race meeting was informative, check in when smoothly, parking was convenient, great location for race, weather and water conditions are what they are on any give day. Overall I was impressed and would consider doing the race again. I had thought the course was a good shot on a PB type course yet wind/weather and early season didn't let that happen for me this year.

Last updated: 2009-12-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:56:56 | 2112 yards | 02m 42s / 100yards
Age Group: 35/47
Overall: 1232/1586
Performance: Good
Suit: DeSoto Black Pearl
Course:
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:23
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
03:15:10 | 56 miles | 17.22 mile/hr
Age Group: 26/47
Overall: 957/1586
BIKE SPLIT 1: 28 mi 28 mi (1:39:51) 16.83 mph BIKE SPLIT 2: 56 mi 28 mi (1:35:50) 17.53 mph BIKE END: 56 mi 3:15:41 17.17 mph Duration: 3:17:56-inc T1 & T2 some Work: 1414 KJ TSS: 151.2 (intensity factor 0.677) Norm Power: 122 VI: 1.02 Distance: 56.583 mi Min Max Avg Power: 0- 347 119 watts Cadence:32-201 84 rpm
Wind: Cross-winds with gusts
Course: 1 mile to seawall, out 27 miles and back
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:49
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:28:49 | 13.1 miles | 11m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 32/47
Overall: 1025/1586
RUN SPLIT 1: 3.275 mi 3.275 mi (37:09) 11:20/mi RUN SPLIT 2: 6.55 mi 3.275 mi (37:35) 11:28/mi RUN SPLIT 3: 9.8 mi 3.275 mi (36:57) 11:16/mi RUN SPLIT 4: 13.1 mi 3.275 mi (37:08) 11:20/mi TOTAL RUN 13.1 mi. (2:28:49) 11:21/mile 1031
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-04-27 10:56 AM

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron

2010-04-27 11:12 AM
in reply to: #2819636

User image

Extreme Veteran
Russiaville, IN
Subject: RE: Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron
Great report and pictures really captures the day.  Congrats on a great race and setting some personal best, seemed like very fun day for you the way it should be, great job!
2010-04-27 11:20 AM

User image

Expert
Texas (Houston area)
Nice report and great race. It was cool meeting you and other BTers at Mosquito Cafe on Saturday.
2010-04-27 11:26 AM

User image

Expert
Great race report! You really did a fantastic job of executing your race day strategy.  Keep up the great work and you are going to do awesome at IMFL!
2010-04-27 11:30 AM

User image

Champion
marietta
great job kathy! 
2010-04-27 11:47 AM

User image

Expert
Great job Kathy. It was nice meeting you at Lake 288 and seeing you on Saturday.

2010-04-27 12:35 PM

User image

Master
syracuse
great race Kathy!

love the pictures in the report....
2010-04-27 1:33 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Congrats on a great race kathy I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU that you are happy!!!  Makes everything WAY more pleasant no?  Get the shirt made into a pillow or something.  NAS is getting greedy with the merchandizing no doubt about it!!  Relx and recover my friend!!

Edited by Socks 2010-04-27 1:33 PM
2010-04-27 1:40 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-27 1:43 PM

Pro
Houston
Great job Kathy!  I looked for you all day, sorry we didn't get to meet up!
2010-04-27 1:52 PM

Master
Reston, VA
Congratulationson a great race! Great job of pacing on the run!

Edited by docswim24 2010-04-27 1:53 PM

2010-04-27 2:13 PM

Veteran
Pasadena, Maryland
Awesome great lessons to be learned for those of us doing our first 70.3. Plan and Execute way to go. I agree with your assessment to be positive not dwell on your inner negatives. There are a lot more folks that can't then can, you are special.
2010-04-27 6:04 PM

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Congrats on a great race Kathy!  It's awesome when a plan works well!!
2010-04-27 7:44 PM

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Yeehaw! That's Texan for well done!   Seriously, so glad you had a great Texas race and accomplished so much of what you wanted to do! I love the pictures--really tells the story of your day!  I'm quite sure meeting with the bright and happy 30 somethings there before the swim set you up for success!

It was great to spend time with you and race with you out there!! Well done friend, recover nicely, you've earned it!
2010-04-27 7:59 PM

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Great job from start to finish!  Absolutely love the photos, especially the swim start.  I can almost see our heads bobbing next to each other.  Rest up there are more races ahead!
2010-04-27 8:03 PM

Uxbridge
Congrats on a great race. Glad you could enjoy part of the swim. Thats progress!!!!!

2010-04-27 8:15 PM

Expert
great job Kathy!  Is that a half IM PB for you?  with a PB run and PB bike that is amazing.
2010-04-27 8:43 PM

I was very moved reading your race report - so glad I was there to share the race with you.  The weather was perfect for a great race AND great pictures.  I agree with you on the venue - I don't think there's ever been a race where I could take as many good run pictures in such a small space.

You really have motivated me to tri-more!
2010-04-27 9:47 PM
in reply to: #2821333

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Great job Kathy, very nice meeting you down there.  Congrats on meeting your goals.
2010-04-27 10:13 PM

Master

Excellent race execution and PB.  Are you sure you don't want to move down to Texas? We'd love to have you here full time. Kevin mentioned something about coming back to Lonestar next year.

2010-04-27 10:20 PM

Pro
Evanston,
Kathy, congratulations.  You are an inspiration in so many ways.  I am glad you are enjoying this victory!

2010-04-27 11:37 PM

Master
East Side of the Bay
Congrats on the many victories you had with this race Kathy!!  Your race reports always make for interesting reading and help me to think more clearly about my own goals and plans.  Thanks for that!!
2010-04-28 6:14 AM

Extreme Veteran
Waterboro, Maine
Execution is everything, huh?  Great race report -great race!
2010-04-28 7:00 AM

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
First congrats on a great race and you had some good words of wisdom in the beginning for those of us who will not be winning any AG at big races.  I'm so happy that you hit your goals and it was very nice meeting you.  Best of luck at your next race.  :-)
2010-04-28 7:58 AM

Pro
The Land of Ice and Snow
Awesome Kathy.....great to accomplish a race that was so well executed! This should set you up well for the rest of the season.
Now........savour it and DO NOT RUMINATE!!!! Or I will have to come down there and beat you up......      
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron Rss Feed  

of 2