Other Resources 2020 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 41

2020-02-28 4:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED

Today it was announced that Hershey will no longer be holding their half marathon.  The 10K went the way of the dodo first, now the HM.  No reason was given.  It makes me sad because I had this as a 'someday' race because it's local and well-run.  Plus, well, chocolate at the aid stations!  Running through HersheyPark!  Bummer.

2020-02-28 5:07 PM
in reply to: leatherneckpa

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by leatherneckpa

I hope nobody minds, but I added the next two months (9 weeks) to the JoGo Weight Loss and Keep Moving sheets.  I discovered that some parts of the sheets did not auto-generate though.  I am thinking about spending some time recreating the entire thing in new files, one for each two month period.  My first thought was to make the new ones for one quarter (3 months) each.  Which way would you folks rather see, 2 months or 3 months?

I am happy to go two months out, and thanks for doing this. It was on my mind on my ride home tonight that we wanted to do March or longer. Cool.

2020-02-28 5:48 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

I hope nobody minds, but I added the next two months (9 weeks) to the JoGo Weight Loss and Keep Moving sheets.  I discovered that some parts of the sheets did not auto-generate though.  I am thinking about spending some time recreating the entire thing in new files, one for each two month period.  My first thought was to make the new ones for one quarter (3 months) each.  Which way would you folks rather see, 2 months or 3 months?

I am happy to go two months out, and thanks for doing this. It was on my mind on my ride home tonight that we wanted to do March or longer. Cool.

Actually, I would prefer if a new challenge was started because some of us, myself included, signed up for six weeks. It's kind of not cool to move the finish like like that.  In addition, others who did not join the initial challenge may want to participate.

2020-02-28 6:45 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by cdban66

Actually, I would prefer if a new challenge was started because some of us, myself included, signed up for six weeks. It's kind of not cool to move the finish like like that.  In addition, others who did not join the initial challenge may want to participate.

Makes sense.

2020-02-28 6:54 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

Admittedly, I totally dropped the ball on JoGo the last two weeks. I have a travel week coming up - spring break - but will be doing some skiing, so I think I can do much better the next round. I'm in if a new one gets started for sure!!!!
2020-02-28 7:14 PM
in reply to: #5264887

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nisbet, PA
Bronze member
I will try to get new challenge sheets up on Monday, two months, nine weeks total.

2020-02-28 7:25 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Expert
Originally posted by alaskatri

Originally posted by JBacarella

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by alaskatri Question for folks on the Sufferfest - does anyone do it on an Ipad? I have a newer Ipad that allows for multitasking and split screens, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to Sufferfest and Amazon Prime Video to split screens on there. I'd love to just put Sufferfest on my phone, but it's an Android and they don't have an app yet. If it doesn't work, I may switch over to TR next month and see if I can do it on there. Catching up on shows is a good distraction.

Yes, I use The Sufferfest on the iPad.  I have not try to split screen it though.  I just had The Sufferfest on the iPad using a tripod music stand to hold it up and I could put on the TV if I wanted to. 

I do it mostly on an all in one laptop, I have done it on the TV and have the means to do it on the phone. You're good on an Ipad.

I don't think either app is split screen compatible. Suffererfest can run in the background though so it'll at least keep track of stats I'll probably run my wife's laptop for the video watching though.

So then the question is what to watch. I loved Breaking Bad, so I'm thinking Better Call Saul. Also thinking The Wire.

I could imagine watching anything but their video streams that correspond with the workout. I thrive on emotional abuse though.
New Thread
Other Resources 2020 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 41