BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 127

2020-03-27 8:21 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED
LOL my two female "coworkers" were fighting over the attention of their male "coworker" half the night, on my bed. Then one of them climbed onto my chest at 2:30 AM and demanded intensive cuddling from me for over an hour before she would finally go to sleep. Hissing, growling, and swatting in the butt happens at all hours. All have repeatedly joined conference calls without invites. It's beyond harassment. These coworkers simply have no boundaries at all!

2020-03-27 8:23 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Any other work from homers having issues with their co-worker/s? Mine seems to think it is ok to lay with his head in my lap or lick my cheek. He must have missed the sex harassment training

Talk about missing the training. One co-worker started sleeping in another co-workers office, and now he insists on sitting her lap all day, including meals. If I get nuts out for a snack, he comes into the break room and demands I give him some of my nuts.

We have another that stays up until 3:00 A.M. video chatting with his friends and then sleeps in his office until 1:00 PM (he is struggling with not being at college.

Really it's been nice having two of them at home. We have spent a lot of time getting to know them as adults and we are happy with the people they have become. Although the boy still leaves half bottles of water and dishes out, but we are working on that.
2020-03-28 4:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nisbet, PA

Proof of Life (kind of)

Friday, 3/6 - last real workout, that killer ride and the brutal drag swim.

Friday, 3/13 - felt like my heart was racing, palpitations.  Walked 1 1/2 blocks from library to truck and was totally out of breath.  DW and I went to ER.  Two hours, two EKG's and two troponin tests later I was released with advice to see my cardiologist.

Friday, 3/27 - FINALLY got to see my cardiologist.  He's thrilled with my weight loss (30 lbs) and impressed by my workouts the last three months.  Cand not see any reason for concern in his EKG or exam.  Says we have to get a NucMed Stress EKG.  Have to wait until at least Monday to make that appt.

In the meantime, he says I can return to working out, just not at those impressive levels.  Says to workout "gently" and to stop at first sign of chest pains or shortness of breath.  DUH!!

ETA:  Off hand, if it took them over two weeks to get me in to his office and who knows how long I will have to wait for NucMed, I would guess that they/he aren't all that worried about this  My new plan is to cut everything back to 50% of previous levels and start working bike and walk/jog Monday.  Re-writing plan to reflect that and making a commitment to (a) not making any increases in excess of 10%, and (b) making Recovery weeks into TRUE Recovery weeks by scaling back both duration AND intensity.

Edited by leatherneckpa 2020-03-28 4:38 PM
2020-03-28 4:59 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nisbet, PA

There IS one good thing to report.  I've been house-locked, without a significant workout, for three weeks and have not gained a single pound!

Edited by leatherneckpa 2020-03-28 5:00 PM
2020-03-29 1:13 PM
in reply to: leatherneckpa

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by leatherneckpa

There IS one good thing to report.  I've been house-locked, without a significant workout, for three weeks and have not gained a single pound!

Now that is an accomplishment!!!
2020-03-29 4:57 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Expert
Originally posted by ceilidh

Now that is an accomplishment!!!

Half of the battle is controlling what we can control.

2020-03-29 6:12 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hello Manatees! I hope that you are all doing well and practicing the appropriate social distancing.  In just a few hours we'll wrap up week one of our Manatee At Home Challenge.  Use your time wisely :-)

Best I go and get that other yoga routine done now.

Stay safe!

2020-03-29 6:13 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Proof of Life (kind of)

Friday, 3/13 - felt like my heart was racing, palpitations.  Walked 1 1/2 blocks from library to truck and was totally out of breath.  DW and I went to ER.  Two hours, two EKG's and two troponin tests later I was released with advice to see my cardiologist.

Friday, 3/27 - FINALLY got to see my cardiologist.  He's thrilled with my weight loss (30 lbs) and impressed by my workouts the last three months.  Cand not see any reason for concern in his EKG or exam.  Says we have to get a NucMed Stress EKG.  Have to wait until at least Monday to make that appt.

In the meantime, he says I can return to working out, just not at those impressive levels.  Says to workout "gently" and to stop at first sign of chest pains or shortness of breath.  DUH!!

ETA:  Off hand, if it took them over two weeks to get me in to his office and who knows how long I will have to wait for NucMed, I would guess that they/he aren't all that worried about this  My new plan is to cut everything back to 50% of previous levels and start working bike and walk/jog Monday.  Re-writing plan to reflect that and making a commitment to (a) not making any increases in excess of 10%, and (b) making Recovery weeks into TRUE Recovery weeks by scaling back both duration AND intensity.

Thanks for sharing your good news. We need all of the good news we can get these days!

Congrats on keeping the weight off!

2020-03-29 6:14 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

Any other work from homers having issues with their co-worker/s? Mine seems to think it is ok to lay with his head in my lap or lick my cheek. He must have missed the sex harassment training

Talk about missing the training. One co-worker started sleeping in another co-workers office, and now he insists on sitting her lap all day, including meals. If I get nuts out for a snack, he comes into the break room and demands I give him some of my nuts. We have another that stays up until 3:00 A.M. video chatting with his friends and then sleeps in his office until 1:00 PM (he is struggling with not being at college. Really it's been nice having two of them at home. We have spent a lot of time getting to know them as adults and we are happy with the people they have become. Although the boy still leaves half bottles of water and dishes out, but we are working on that.

Jim, you retrieved your daughter from Tulane, right?

2020-03-29 6:53 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmkizer

Talk about missing the training. One co-worker started sleeping in another co-workers office, and now he insists on sitting her lap all day, including meals. If I get nuts out for a snack, he comes into the break room and demands I give him some of my nuts. We have another that stays up until 3:00 A.M. video chatting with his friends and then sleeps in his office until 1:00 PM (he is struggling with not being at college. Really it's been nice having two of them at home. We have spent a lot of time getting to know them as adults and we are happy with the people they have become. Although the boy still leaves half bottles of water and dishes out, but we are working on that.

No. Her classes are on-line and she stays in her apartment. We discussed her options and decided that we didn't want to take a chance on her traveling across county. We felt the safer option is for her to shelter in place until she takes the bar in July. She is taking a Texas Bar. There is nothing like studying 16 hours a day to help with social distancing. The choice is going from one hot spot to another. She said that LA has really poor medical care coupled with a lot of people who have lung issues from the refineries, so their death rate is abnormally high because of those preexisting conditions.
Michigan is really bad and especially the Detroit Metro area where she would fly in. Michelle has two remote manager meetings for the hospital every day and the conversations with what is going on in the metro hospitals is scary.
It was a difficult choice and time will only tell if it was the right one.
2020-03-29 7:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

No. Her classes are on-line and she stays in her apartment. We discussed her options and decided that we didn't want to take a chance on her traveling across county. We felt the safer option is for her to shelter in place until she takes the bar in July. She is taking a Texas Bar. There is nothing like studying 16 hours a day to help with social distancing. The choice is going from one hot spot to another. She said that LA has really poor medical care coupled with a lot of people who have lung issues from the refineries, so their death rate is abnormally high because of those preexisting conditions. Michigan is really bad and especially the Detroit Metro area where she would fly in. Michelle has two remote manager meetings for the hospital every day and the conversations with what is going on in the metro hospitals is scary. It was a difficult choice and time will only tell if it was the right one.

New Orleans v Detroit - that is a lousy choice! But, staying put was probably the better choice. Hope everyone stays healthy!

2020-03-29 8:13 PM

Hello Manatees! I hope that you are all doing well and practicing the appropriate social distancing.  In just a few hours we'll wrap up week one of our Manatee At Home Challenge.  Use your time wisely :-)

Best I go and get that other yoga routine done now.

Stay safe!

It's kept me on decent track this week Janyne. I'm definitely going to add one more yoga session tonight, and will try to get in one more workout too, but we'll see. I've kept the hydration going all week though!!!
2020-03-29 8:56 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Just updated. For some reason I forgot to add my name to keep moving--maybe that was the day it wouldn't let me edit. Having a hard time keeping up with this stuff--I'm also in a Dryland Swim Challenge with my online tri club. (Plus we had a virtual happy hour yesterday!)
2020-03-30 7:12 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

No. Her classes are on-line and she stays in her apartment. We discussed her options and decided that we didn't want to take a chance on her traveling across county. We felt the safer option is for her to shelter in place until she takes the bar in July. She is taking a Texas Bar. There is nothing like studying 16 hours a day to help with social distancing. The choice is going from one hot spot to another. She said that LA has really poor medical care coupled with a lot of people who have lung issues from the refineries, so their death rate is abnormally high because of those preexisting conditions. Michigan is really bad and especially the Detroit Metro area where she would fly in. Michelle has two remote manager meetings for the hospital every day and the conversations with what is going on in the metro hospitals is scary. It was a difficult choice and time will only tell if it was the right one.

New Orleans v Detroit - that is a lousy choice! But, staying put was probably the better choice. Hope everyone stays healthy!

Yes, I get it. Staying put was probably the best choice. Sending good thoughts her way!

2020-03-30 7:14 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Just updated. For some reason I forgot to add my name to keep moving--maybe that was the day it wouldn't let me edit. Having a hard time keeping up with this stuff--I'm also in a Dryland Swim Challenge with my online tri club. (Plus we had a virtual happy hour yesterday!)

Nice! I love that your tri club is doing that!

Regarding the JoGo -- I'm taking it week-by-week.  Actually, I'm kind of taking life week-by-week as well.

2020-03-30 12:30 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Proof of Life (kind of)

Thanks for the check-in, Mike.  Sorry to hear you have some possible issues going on but as you said, the doctor doesn't seem to be rushing more tests, so hopefully it isn't anything of urgent concern.  Way to go on the weight loss and maintenance!

2020-03-30 12:59 PM

User image

Expert

Yes, I get it. Staying put was probably the best choice. Sending good thoughts her way!

Thank you, I appreciate that. We are in nearly daily contact with her and she is doing well. She has a roommate and a dog, so she isn't in solitary confinement.
2020-03-30 1:07 PM

User image

Expert
I took my first run since my bike "crash." I felt some discomfort, but nothing too bad. I had to keep my pace down, so I could keep my heart rate under control. Plus, if I tried to run faster, it would have been more than mild discomfort. I trained by heart rate, I guess I could call it for a long time now. One thing that still amazes me is that if I am sick or injured my heart rate will be 10-20 bpm than normal.
This being my first run outside since November coupled with not being able to run for a month made me feel even more like Steve Martin in "The Jerk," when he discovers his name in the phone book. Just joyfully running around happy to be out there.
2020-03-30 1:35 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella I took my first run since my bike "crash." I felt some discomfort, but nothing too bad. I had to keep my pace down, so I could keep my heart rate under control. Plus, if I tried to run faster, it would have been more than mild discomfort. I trained by heart rate, I guess I could call it for a long time now. One thing that still amazes me is that if I am sick or injured my heart rate will be 10-20 bpm than normal. This being my first run outside since November coupled with not being able to run for a month made me feel even more like Steve Martin in "The Jerk," when he discovers his name in the phone book. Just joyfully running around happy to be out there.

Congrats on the run, the bolded part is the best!

2020-03-30 1:38 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

The long-awaited Chatt 70.3 email just arrived.  5 options:  

1. Remain in 2020 Sunbelt Bakery® IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery August 23, 2020

2. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta: September 27, 2020

3. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 North Carolina: October 17, 2020

4. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City: September 13, 2020

5. Free deferral to 2021 Sunbelt Bakery® IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: May 23, 2021

What are the other Chatt manatees thinking of choosing? Part of the reason I picked this race was to race with friends, so if no friends are racing, that will likely sway my decision.  The only thing I know for sure I'm not doing is option 4 because that is the same weekend as LP 70.3 that EFP is racing.

2020-03-30 1:40 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Ok, Choo 70.3 Manatees the email of postponement is out. Decision time. I’m not sure there will be any races this year, so am not real confident in sticking with the new date or other race options for 2020. UGH. But at least we’ve gotten the word.

2020-03-30 1:41 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Awesome!!

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

1. Remain in 2020 Sunbelt Bakery® IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery August 23, 2020

5. Free deferral to 2021 Sunbelt Bakery® IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: May 23, 2021

What are the other Chatt manatees thinking of choosing? Part of the reason I picked this race was to race with friends, so if no friends are racing, that will likely sway my decision.  The only thing I know for sure I'm not doing is option 4 because that is the same weekend as LP 70.3 that EFP is racing.

haha, cross posting!

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Same here. I am up for option 3 or 5. I just am not equipped to do type of competition in the heat
2020-03-30 1:43 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

No. Her classes are on-line and she stays in her apartment. We discussed her options and decided that we didn't want to take a chance on her traveling across county. We felt the safer option is for her to shelter in place until she takes the bar in July. She is taking a Texas Bar. There is nothing like studying 16 hours a day to help with social distancing. The choice is going from one hot spot to another. She said that LA has really poor medical care coupled with a lot of people who have lung issues from the refineries, so their death rate is abnormally high because of those preexisting conditions.
Michigan is really bad and especially the Detroit Metro area where she would fly in. Michelle has two remote manager meetings for the hospital every day and the conversations with what is going on in the metro hospitals is scary.
It was a difficult choice and time will only tell if it was the right one.

I am so sorry, this sounds really upsetting... I have heard Dr. Fauci this morning saying New Orleans and Detroit may be the next hit...
Hoping for the best!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 127