BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-12-12 11:24 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by canadarn2001
Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

December 10-11
Leanne - Kiawah Island half marathon

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Run Leanne run!

Kiawah Island Half went well this weekend! No set plan or goal. Ran with my best friend who was shooting for close to 1:30. We ran close to that and placed 4th and 5th in overall masters. Our one friend was shooting for the South Carolina female 45-49 half marathon record...she did it! 1:23:45! WOW!

Smokin' fast!

Nice job Leanne!!! That is crazy fast.

2022-12-12 11:51 AM
in reply to: canadarn2001

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

December 10-11

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Run Leanne run!

Kiawah Island Half went well this weekend! No set plan or goal. Ran with my best friend who was shooting for close to 1:30. We ran close to that and placed 4th and 5th in overall masters. Our one friend was shooting for the South Carolina female 45-49 half marathon record...she did it! 1:23:45! WOW!
Congrats to you and your speedy friends!!

2022-12-14 2:03 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Racing Manatees!!!

December 10-11

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Run Leanne run!

Impressive!

2022-12-16 7:13 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Racing Manatees!!!

December 10-11

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Run Leanne run!

Impressive!

Leanne is a certified monster!
2022-12-16 10:34 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

I don't know of any racers this weekend

2022-12-17 5:47 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by ceilidh

Racing Manatees!!!

December 10-11

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Run Leanne run!

Impressive!

Leanne is a certified monster!

Ha, ha! Thanks!

2022-12-17 5:48 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

The race for 2022 is over for me!

This weekend I have a cookie exchange to attend and then going to my first UNCW (college) basketball game! Oh, and my usual Sunday morning Tri Club swim practice!
2022-12-17 5:50 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Who's on Zwift?? I now have the companion app so I can "follow" others and would love to connect with you all in the group! Let's motivate each other for 2023 (and what we have left for 2022)
2022-12-17 6:57 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by canadarn2001 Who's on Zwift?? I now have the companion app so I can "follow" others and would love to connect with you all in the group! Let's motivate each other for 2023 (and what we have left for 2022)

I’m on Zwift. I cleverly use my real name so you should be able to find me pretty easily.Like you, I’m an early morning east coaster so we should be able to give each other Ride Ons regularly.

2022-12-17 7:19 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Not even running this weekend! Just getting last minute gifts and lamenting that once again I was delinquent in my Xmas card sending .

2022-12-17 7:22 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by canadarn2001 Who's on Zwift?? I now have the companion app so I can "follow" others and would love to connect with you all in the group! Let's motivate each other for 2023 (and what we have left for 2022)

I’m on Zwift. I cleverly use my real name so you should be able to find me pretty easily.Like you, I’m an early morning east coaster so we should be able to give each other Ride Ons regularly.

I am as clever as Janyne and use my real name on zwift too. Lately I've been using Trainer Road as my main platform, but when I figure out how to run TR on top of zwift (or vice versa) I'll be on it 2-3 x week early mornings. 

2022-12-18 5:26 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Who's on Zwift?? I now have the companion app so I can "follow" others and would love to connect with you all in the group! Let's motivate each other for 2023 (and what we have left for 2022)

I'm on there -- my user name is Anne B Schroll
2022-12-19 6:28 AM
in reply to: abake

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by abake

I'm on there -- my user name is Anne B Schroll

I found you! I am Leanne Johnson (Canada flag)
2022-12-19 12:32 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Anyone ever use Garmin’s pace pro? I just heard about it today . It sounds pretty cool- select your race distance and wanted race result and it will let you know if you are on pace or not. You can select positive, even, or negative split and how to run hills. I think I’ll try it on my next 5 k.

2022-12-19 12:38 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Anyone ever use Garmin’s pace pro? I just heard about it today . It sounds pretty cool- select your race distance and wanted race result and it will let you know if you are on pace or not. You can select positive, even, or negative split and how to run hills. I think I’ll try it on my next 5 k.

I have not used it. Let us know how it goes!

2022-12-19 12:40 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

P.S. I just told AM about this and the rest of you may already know -- sale on the Gore site.  I ordered a new jacket.

2022-12-19 1:17 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

P.S. I just told AM about this and the rest of you may already know -- sale on the Gore site.  I ordered a new jacket.

Thanks, I just bought tights!

2022-12-19 2:44 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

I have used the virtual pacer before - this seems more advanced. I have used the virtual pacer to good effect in knowing if i was on target for my 10k PB a number of years ago. 

2022-12-19 9:00 PM

User image

I'm on Zwift as well as RKC. Just my initials.

Oh, hi everyone! Long time no see! My dear husband was kind enough to bring COVID home from school after Thanksgiving. He came home from school on Dec 2 and said he was nose was really runny and he was sneezing, which is not unusual because it's been windy and dusty here and that kicks up his allergies. He jokingly said he was going to take a COVID test. It popped positive within a minute.

I locked him in the basement and threw him a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly, and a loaf of bread. He faired pretty well, with mild sinus pressure and a minor cough. No fever or anything else.

Despite locking him in the basement, I tested positive on Monday morning. My test popped positive before the test liquid reached the control line. I had a 101-102.3 fever for a week, every joint in my body hurt and the joints swelled, a dry hacking cough, and I lost my taste and smell. I've never had a fever in my life, even when I had meningitis in high school. Everything smelled like a campfire and tasted like burnt coffee until about Saturday. I still have limited smell, as in I can't smell the fragrance of a soap, but I can smell the soap, if that makes sense.

So now I'm trying to recover. The exhaustion is still there, especially after a swim. Today was the first day I made it through and entire swim. But then I had to take a two-hour nap. (Not sure if the swim caused the need to nap or the trip to Walmart after the swim)

We have had all the boosters, including the bivalent booster and I still where my mask everywhere but home (see how that worked out for me!), but I guess our luck had to run out at some point. I did tell Greg he could have brought me chocolate or bike shoes instead of COVID, but he wanted to share, I guess.

I am thankful that I had the vaccine and the boosters because I don't even want to imagine how bad this would have been if I hadn't had the shots.

2022-12-20 6:45 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by fortissimo I'm on Zwift as well as RKC. Just my initials. Oh, hi everyone! Long time no see! My dear husband was kind enough to bring COVID home from school after Thanksgiving. He came home from school on Dec 2 and said he was nose was really runny and he was sneezing, which is not unusual because it's been windy and dusty here and that kicks up his allergies. He jokingly said he was going to take a COVID test. It popped positive within a minute. I locked him in the basement and threw him a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly, and a loaf of bread. He faired pretty well, with mild sinus pressure and a minor cough. No fever or anything else. Despite locking him in the basement, I tested positive on Monday morning. My test popped positive before the test liquid reached the control line. I had a 101-102.3 fever for a week, every joint in my body hurt and the joints swelled, a dry hacking cough, and I lost my taste and smell. I've never had a fever in my life, even when I had meningitis in high school. Everything smelled like a campfire and tasted like burnt coffee until about Saturday. I still have limited smell, as in I can't smell the fragrance of a soap, but I can smell the soap, if that makes sense. So now I'm trying to recover. The exhaustion is still there, especially after a swim. Today was the first day I made it through and entire swim. But then I had to take a two-hour nap. (Not sure if the swim caused the need to nap or the trip to Walmart after the swim) We have had all the boosters, including the bivalent booster and I still where my mask everywhere but home (see how that worked out for me!), but I guess our luck had to run out at some point. I did tell Greg he could have brought me chocolate or bike shoes instead of COVID, but he wanted to share, I guess. I am thankful that I had the vaccine and the boosters because I don't even want to imagine how bad this would have been if I hadn't had the shots.

Oh my goodness! I am sorry to hear that you have been so sick! It sounds like you are on the mend. Fingers crossed that you feel more yourself of Christmas.

2022-12-20 7:24 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo I'm on Zwift as well as RKC. Just my initials. Oh, hi everyone! Long time no see! My dear husband was kind enough to bring COVID home from school after Thanksgiving. He came home from school on Dec 2 and said he was nose was really runny and he was sneezing, which is not unusual because it's been windy and dusty here and that kicks up his allergies. He jokingly said he was going to take a COVID test. It popped positive within a minute. I locked him in the basement and threw him a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly, and a loaf of bread. He faired pretty well, with mild sinus pressure and a minor cough. No fever or anything else. Despite locking him in the basement, I tested positive on Monday morning. My test popped positive before the test liquid reached the control line. I had a 101-102.3 fever for a week, every joint in my body hurt and the joints swelled, a dry hacking cough, and I lost my taste and smell. I've never had a fever in my life, even when I had meningitis in high school. Everything smelled like a campfire and tasted like burnt coffee until about Saturday. I still have limited smell, as in I can't smell the fragrance of a soap, but I can smell the soap, if that makes sense. So now I'm trying to recover. The exhaustion is still there, especially after a swim. Today was the first day I made it through and entire swim. But then I had to take a two-hour nap. (Not sure if the swim caused the need to nap or the trip to Walmart after the swim) We have had all the boosters, including the bivalent booster and I still where my mask everywhere but home (see how that worked out for me!), but I guess our luck had to run out at some point. I did tell Greg he could have brought me chocolate or bike shoes instead of COVID, but he wanted to share, I guess. I am thankful that I had the vaccine and the boosters because I don't even want to imagine how bad this would have been if I hadn't had the shots.

Your husband is a terrible gift giver! So sorry you have been so sick, but am glad you seem to be improving. I know I don't have to tell you this, but be kind to yourself and your recovery so you don't have any set backs.

2022-12-20 1:26 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Ugh, so sorry to hear you were sick!!  Hopefully you feel up to full snuff soon and get your sense of smell back, too.

2022-12-20 1:56 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Checking out Zwift has been on my list of possible things to do since about 2018 but is hasn't happened yet.   

It seemed that Sufferfest was overtaking Zwift and TrainerRoads in 2018, but I hadn't heard anything about it for a long time so I went looking and see that it was absorbed into the Wahoo fitness app.  I think I have seen like one person use the Wahoo fitness app.  Did Wahoo kill the Sufferfest app or should I replace Sufferfest with the Wahoo app as a thing to check out at some point in time?  

Lots of these bike apps have popped up since 2018, but I have just stuck with what I am using because I am happy with it and don't think I will get the same results with anything else.

2022-12-20 2:04 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Orlando

Checking out Zwift has been on my list of possible things to do since about 2018 but is hasn't happened yet.   

It seemed that Sufferfest was overtaking Zwift and TrainerRoads in 2018, but I hadn't heard anything about it for a long time so I went looking and see that it was absorbed into the Wahoo fitness app.  I think I have seen like one person use the Wahoo fitness app.  Did Wahoo kill the Sufferfest app or should I replace Sufferfest with the Wahoo app as a thing to check out at some point in time?  

Lots of these bike apps have popped up since 2018, but I have just stuck with what I am using because I am happy with it and don't think I will get the same results with anything else.

Sufferfest is part of the Wahoo system. You need to update the app. Jim uses it regularly.

2022-12-20 2:05 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Cypress, Texas

I played with this once.  I wasn't impressed.  I tried using it on a long run, but I didn't run the course I programed in and it still gave my splits for the course I programed in.  I was on a flat course so there weren't any adjustments for hills, etc. and it doing know if I was on the course or not so I don't know how it can tell me if I am on pace or not.  I may try using it again.  I don't do a very good job of learning how to use new gadgets.  If it is more complicated than using a Stop Watch, then I will probably calculated the elevation change adjustments by hand and make my own pace band because I know how to do that, but don't know how to use the million metrics and measurements that Garmin offers. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 27168 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93