BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 127

2020-01-17 10:58 AM
in reply to: Buckshot

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s!

Originally posted by Buckshot

Happy Friday, all!  What do you all have planned for the weekend?

Away hockey game Saturday, 5K race (er, 'race' since I've been sick and am still not quite up to snuff) Sunday, both weather-dependent.

2020-01-17 11:00 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by amd723

Fridays rock!

I'm still easing into things so I will probably do an 8 mile run Saturday and a trainer ride of not too high-intensity Sunday. The big plan bruised ribs dependent is the power washing of my deck, driveway, fence, and front porch 

Cracks me up how an 8 mile run is considered 'easing into things'!  For me, that is a big distance.  Take care of those ribs, maybe wait until they are better before indulging in the power washing fun?

2020-01-17 11:32 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Away hockey game Saturday, 5K race (er, 'race' since I've been sick and am still not quite up to snuff) Sunday, both weather-dependent.

Hope the weather cooperates for you! Feel better.

2020-01-17 11:37 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

Fridays rock!

I'm still easing into things so I will probably do an 8 mile run Saturday and a trainer ride of not too high-intensity Sunday. The big plan bruised ribs dependent is the power washing of my deck, driveway, fence, and front porch 

Cracks me up how an 8 mile run is considered 'easing into things'!  For me, that is a big distance.  Take care of those ribs, maybe wait until they are better before indulging in the power washing fun?

Well...my brother is doing a 135-mile trail run on the 15th of February.  I will just be pacing him for about 20 miles.  20 miles will be easy peasy right?

2020-01-17 1:05 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by cdban66

Family stuff all day on Saturday and early Sunday.  Hammock Camping Sunday night with Ann.  Monday is a holiday in my industry, so I am doing a bunch of testing at work when we return from camping. Hopefully riding the new (to me) gravel bike by Tuesday night.

where are you camping?
2020-01-17 1:15 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by JBacarella

I've been MIA, both with training and the group. I've recently traded triathlon training for flood control in our basement. I was up all night Saturday, fighting the floods. running 4 pumps and digging trenches in the snow to redirect Lake Huron past my house. I saw for the first time ever 20 foot waves and the unbelievable force water can bring. Our neighborhood was flooded and we had a foot of water, plus ice and snow on our road. It was the worst storm I've witnessed. Thank God we didn't lose electricity, because our generator was under 30 inches of water.
We are fine, and it forced me to clear a lot more junk from my basement (that's my silver lining). Clean up is almost done. It's been rough but we are on a 30 year high water cycle.
We also lost our hot water heater in the flooding. It's been sea showers all week.

URGH sounds like a nightmare. Glad you're almost done cleaning up and YAY for power!! That was probably a HUGE help.

2020-01-17 6:26 PM
in reply to: Buckshot

I'm solo parenting this weekend - my kids are almost 14, so not too challenging, but do have to Sherpa/taxi to sports this weekend. I'm going to make space for a solid swim set, 8-9M run, and 2+hr on Zwift.
2020-01-17 9:08 PM
in reply to: rmschwartz418

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Really, really hoping I can get outside and do a run this weekend. Between illness, surgery, two weeks of not being allowed to sweat, and then a week of really sucky weather (nothing as dramatic as some of what's been described here, just cold, wet, and miserable) short days and long work hours, I don't think I've run outside for over a month. Terminal cabin fever! Supposed to have a rain-free day on Sunday. We might go to the coast. Hoping for a beach run--but given coastal weather, that is never certain, not even in the summer! (Gale force winds and, in winter, high waves, are really common there!)
2020-01-18 8:14 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Really, really hoping I can get outside and do a run this weekend. Between illness, surgery, two weeks of not being allowed to sweat, and then a week of really sucky weather (nothing as dramatic as some of what's been described here, just cold, wet, and miserable) short days and long work hours, I don't think I've run outside for over a month. Terminal cabin fever! Supposed to have a rain-free day on Sunday. We might go to the coast. Hoping for a beach run--but given coastal weather, that is never certain, not even in the summer! (Gale force winds and, in winter, high waves, are really common there!)

Have a great run!

2020-01-18 8:23 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Training log question for the group:

As you know, Chris and I have both been doing some testing of FitnessSyncer to BT importing. This could be a way to non-Garmin stuff like  Sufferfest and Zwift rides imported into BT (along with the Garmin stuff that imports now).

So far I can get my Zwift rides in and my Sufferfest yoga workouts and the strength workouts and runs that I record on my Garmin.

My question is, would you be OK with "strength" imported into BT's "sport" category rather than into BT's strength category?

Personally, I don't care -- my strength stuff is basically PT-related at this point.  I thought that people who were recording reps of various things might care.  Any thoughts?

Also, Chris, what are your experiences? Is FitnessSyncer working for you now?

2020-01-18 9:02 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

As you know, Chris and I have both been doing some testing of FitnessSyncer to BT importing. This could be a way to non-Garmin stuff like  Sufferfest and Zwift rides imported into BT (along with the Garmin stuff that imports now).

So far I can get my Zwift rides in and my Sufferfest yoga workouts and the strength workouts and runs that I record on my Garmin.

My question is, would you be OK with "strength" imported into BT's "sport" category rather than into BT's strength category?

Personally, I don't care -- my strength stuff is basically PT-related at this point.  I thought that people who were recording reps of various things might care.  Any thoughts?

I don't care which category the strength records under. I don't keep that close a watch of my strength numbers on BT. 

2020-01-18 10:43 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by jmkizer

I don't care which category the strength records under. I don't keep that close a watch of my strength numbers on BT. 

same here.

2020-01-18 2:37 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Question about the Keep On Moving challenge. If we have a day when we only do strength/core, does that count, or only "moving" in the sense of swim/bike/run? I'm not swimming yet but feel like my legs need a weekly day off as I'm getting back into biking and running, so planning to have a day a week for the next 3-4 weeks where I'm only doing strength/core.
2020-01-18 3:59 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Question about the Keep On Moving challenge. If we have a day when we only do strength/core, does that count, or only "moving" in the sense of swim/bike/run? I'm not swimming yet but feel like my legs need a weekly day off as I'm getting back into biking and running, so planning to have a day a week for the next 3-4 weeks where I'm only doing strength/core.

It's whatever you want it to be!

2020-01-18 6:49 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Hot Runner Question about the Keep On Moving challenge. If we have a day when we only do strength/core, does that count, or only "moving" in the sense of swim/bike/run? I'm not swimming yet but feel like my legs need a weekly day off as I'm getting back into biking and running, so planning to have a day a week for the next 3-4 weeks where I'm only doing strength/core.

I second this
2020-01-19 2:42 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

Originally posted by ceilidh

I second this

I had a pretty hectic week at work and am here today as well. But one of the things I love about having joined this group is wanting to do something - anything - so I can post it to my stats and the jogo challenge. I swam yesterday and ran a couple times this week. I am still trying to figure out Sufferfest but we had much better internet installed yesterday, so that is on my list of things to accomplish today so I can get that going. But even on my off/rest days, I got on the treadmill and walked at a decent clip for 30-50 minutes so I can enter something into the stats page. Without the challenge, I likely would have skipped. I think that's the point of it. Love this group!!!!

2020-01-19 2:55 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri
Originally posted by ceilidh

I second this
I had a pretty hectic week at work and am here today as well. But one of the things I love about having joined this group is wanting to do something - anything - so I can post it to my stats and the jogo challenge. I swam yesterday and ran a couple times this week. I am still trying to figure out Sufferfest but we had much better internet installed yesterday, so that is on my list of things to accomplish today so I can get that going. But even on my off/rest days, I got on the treadmill and walked at a decent clip for 30-50 minutes so I can enter something into the stats page. Without the challenge, I likely would have skipped. I think that's the point of it. Love this group!!!!

Keep on moving!

2020-01-19 6:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I did manage to get in my outdoor run--there were high winds and waves at the coast yesterday but today was beautiful so we went over and did a run/walk. Posting a pic of what was actually a pretty "crowded" day on the Oregon Coast--it's a very different kind of "beach" than SoCal and Florida people are used to. I've always played this game of running with my eyes closed there--got up to 50 strides before I lost my nerve! Sorry for the size--can't figure out how to edit pics from my phone.

Edited by Hot Runner 2020-01-19 6:11 PM

(IMG_20200119_114427155.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_20200119_114427155.jpg (886KB - 3 downloads)
2020-01-20 8:05 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner I did manage to get in my outdoor run--there were high winds and waves at the coast yesterday but today was beautiful so we went over and did a run/walk. Posting a pic of what was actually a pretty "crowded" day on the Oregon Coast--it's a very different kind of "beach" than SoCal and Florida people are used to. I've always played this game of running with my eyes closed there--got up to 50 strides before I lost my nerve! Sorry for the size--can't figure out how to edit pics from my phone.

I'm so glad that you were able to get outside -- long overdue!

Does your school system have off for MLK?

2020-01-20 8:08 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Originally posted by Hot Runner I did manage to get in my outdoor run--there were high winds and waves at the coast yesterday but today was beautiful so we went over and did a run/walk. Posting a pic of what was actually a pretty "crowded" day on the Oregon Coast--it's a very different kind of "beach" than SoCal and Florida people are used to. I've always played this game of running with my eyes closed there--got up to 50 strides before I lost my nerve! Sorry for the size--can't figure out how to edit pics from my phone.

Great picture and good for you on getting your outdoor run in. 

2020-01-20 8:14 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I've only been to the Oregon coast once -Cannon beach to be precise, and loved it! You're right in that it is totally different than any Florida beach.

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

2020-01-20 9:16 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Yes, we have the day off but I will probably go into work later and *try* to catch up a bit. Report cards due in two weeks and I haven't even started!
2020-01-20 10:28 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hello Manatees! 

JoGo challenge check-in day! 

It really pained me to mark my good eats tab as no because i said that my goal was to eat 5-7 servings of fruits/veg every day and i did 6/7 which i am super happy with but is still not the challenge! progress is progress though! 

Hope those off for the holiday have a lovely day. It's not a holiday here. I have my daughter with me at work because there's a one-day teachers' strike for our board today (it's a whole province-wide negotiation so it's a whole thing). But she's been to the office with Darren a few times and i thought she would actually like my office - so here we are! 

Swimming tonight with the club! 

2020-01-20 10:41 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

Hello Manatees! 

JoGo challenge check-in day! 

It really pained me to mark my good eats tab as no because i said that my goal was to eat 5-7 servings of fruits/veg every day and i did 6/7 which i am super happy with but is still not the challenge! progress is progress though! 

Hope those off for the holiday have a lovely day. It's not a holiday here. I have my daughter with me at work because there's a one-day teachers' strike for our board today (it's a whole province-wide negotiation so it's a whole thing). But she's been to the office with Darren a few times and i thought she would actually like my office - so here we are! 

Swimming tonight with the club! 

Have a great swim!

I have off today for MLK and decided to run at a bout 9:00 this morning so that it would be sunny and warmer.  Zoe and I got up and did her walk and then I had a relaxed morning and went for my run.  It was a whole 1 degree warmer than it was at 6:30 when I walked her.  Thank goodness I waited!

2020-01-20 11:08 AM

User image

Master

I need a JoGo restart!  Last week was pretty challenging--we had about a foot of snowfall over several days.  Not a lot to many of you, but here in Vancouver, that is relatively unusual.  I actually LOVE the snow, but I try not to drive in it, because no one knows how to and we don't really have the infrastructure to deal with clearing the roads, so I take transit.  However, our above ground subway does not deal well with snow and freezing temps, so there are massive delays and crowding.  Time that could have been spent training is spent commuting.  On Thursday afternoon it was so bad, I decided to walk home from the neighboring city rather than wait for the train--a distance of just 7km, but a good uphill, in snow and unshoveled sidewalks!  Took 90 min--I was supposed to do a 90 min run and figured by the time I got home on the train I wouldn't want to run, so might as well walk!  I did do a fun nighttime snow run on Tuesday as well.  But....no core or strength for me.  I shall go weigh myself now, but I doubt it will be pretty .

Ah well, it is a new week, the rain has returned, and the snow is melting.  Back to the normal Wet Coast!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 127