BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2013-12-23 6:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed.
Originally posted by JAYCT

Marc, you may have answered this question here or elsewhere but figured you'd be the guy to ask. Is there any sort of pull feature to get everything from Strava or Garmin Connect into Golden Cheetah or is the best method just manual file uploads in bulk once you've downloaded from Garmin Connect?

I had just been uploading to Golden Cheetah sporadically awhile back but haven't used it in a few months. I'm wondering if I'm better off just starting over.

From Strava directly to GC no...but

There is a service called http://tapiriik.com/that allows you to syncronise Garmin Connect and Strava and other automatically. It can also sync to a dropbox folder and you can suck all files into GC at once. I have not used it but plan to

There is also a utlilty that Neil used to get all files out of Garmin Connect and put into a directory on your PC and again you can suck them all into GC. Neil downloaded all his files this way once and I did pull them into GC.

Where do you have most of your files. Do they all contain power ?

Edited by marcag 2013-12-23 7:00 PM

2013-12-23 8:25 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
Guilford, CT
95% of them contain power. I'm missing a bunch, but I had enough up there from the summer to get a good idea of my CP and ranges. I wasn't that disciplined about getting them in there because I was riding everyday but didn't really upload my easier rides. I kind of just took it easy for the past couple of months though and have just started getting back on the bike to get some base back. It may be a fine idea to just start new and re-establish some power ranges. I couldn't hold what I was doing this summer right now. I may try that program though. If I do I'll report back. It is going to be a crazy couple days so have a good holiday if I don't get back soon.
2013-12-23 9:49 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by JAYCT Marc, you may have answered this question here or elsewhere but figured you'd be the guy to ask. Is there any sort of pull feature to get everything from Strava or Garmin Connect into Golden Cheetah or is the best method just manual file uploads in bulk once you've downloaded from Garmin Connect? I had just been uploading to Golden Cheetah sporadically awhile back but haven't used it in a few months. I'm wondering if I'm better off just starting over.
From Strava directly to GC no...but There is a service called http://tapiriik.com/that allows you to syncronise Garmin Connect and Strava and other automatically. It can also sync to a dropbox folder and you can suck all files into GC at once. I have not used it but plan to There is also a utlilty that Neil used to get all files out of Garmin Connect and put into a directory on your PC and again you can suck them all into GC. Neil downloaded all his files this way once and I did pull them into GC. Where do you have most of your files. Do they all contain power ?

Here's the link - if I recall correctly it pulls everything from Garmin Connect, it doesn't allow you to just pull the ride files (assuming you have ride and run files in there as well).  

http://www.sideburn.org/garmin/

2013-12-24 6:07 AM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Extreme Veteran

We will probably be starting the actual workouts in early January. I think Shane is going to want to test pretty early on. Between Christmas and New Year's is not a good time to test.

Plenty of time to get your setups done. It would be great to hear what some of the quieter posters are up to even it's "haven't started yet"

BTW, those that are intimidated by the technology part are more than welcome to do the workouts outside the training tab with their Garmin (if you have a real power meter and not VP)

Also, while I have not done it, I am pretty sure you can load the workout files (.mrc files) into Trainerroad.

If you don't like GC, there are alternatives. We can discuss those, so please, if it's too complex, let us know.

So the shy folks in the group, let us know how you are doing.

I will post a full list of names in a couple of days.

2013-12-24 7:38 AM

User image

Pro
NJ

Hey Marc, not shy but I'll update.  I'm about to try my first GC ride. Got home last night so finally had access to my laptop.  I loaded everything after a long day spent in airports so there may be user error.  I"m also a new MAC user but that seemed to be ok. I entered the FTP that TR gave me after my last 20 min test a couple weeks ago. For any slower/newer/lighter riders in the group...I'll put my not so impressive number out there so you don't feel alone - 149. So when you power monsters are posting watts in the 200-300's I look at those numbers like a foreign language. 

Speaking of which...Marc the youtube's were great and really helped. Have to say though, I really thought French was your first language and was expecting an accent.  

Happy holidays all. 

2013-12-24 7:53 AM
in reply to: kcarroll

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by kcarroll
I really thought French was your first language and was expecting an accent.

HA!!! Yes, French is my first language but I was brought up in a truly bilingual environment so I don't have much of an accent. I do sometimes not know a word in English or in French while speaking the other, so I mix it up.

I can say that when I am on the trainer and am suffering during an interval, I swear in French. There is a far better selection of curse words.

2013-12-24 8:09 AM

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT

We will probably be starting the actual workouts in early January. I think Shane is going to want to test pretty early on. Between Christmas and New Year's is not a good time to test.

Plenty of time to get your setups done. It would be great to hear what some of the quieter posters are up to even it's "haven't started yet"

BTW, those that are intimidated by the technology part are more than welcome to do the workouts outside the training tab with their Garmin (if you have a real power meter and not VP)

Also, while I have not done it, I am pretty sure you can load the workout files (.mrc files) into Trainerroad.

If you don't like GC, there are alternatives. We can discuss those, so please, if it's too complex, let us know.

Checking in, sir!

I have looked longingly at my bike and I think she is somewhat mad at me, as I walk past her to my running shoes. I've told her we'll hook up in January, when I get back from Disney, but I think I saw a tear...

Haven't picked up my PT hub/wheel yet. Probably won't get to it until after vacation. I'm following the thread though.
So, I guess I fall into the 'haven't started yet' category.

I enjoyed the youtube video, Marc. Very helpful
Dale
2013-12-24 9:13 AM
in reply to: tallytom

User image

Veteran
Maine
Originally posted by tallytom

Couple of questions. GC recognized my power meter (power2max) and it paired, however, it kept on saying searching for speed and cadence. Is that a problem and if so, how do I fix.

Tom,

The power2max should transmit cadence on it's own. I have GC installed but haven't used it on a ride yet, been using TR. I'll have access to my setup in a few days so I'll check to see what I can find in the configuration to get the cadence from the power2max to show up in GC.
2013-12-24 10:06 AM
in reply to: cdkayak

Got my Golden Cheeta all set up except for the file location/download settings. Will do that part today. But the athlete info, heart rate sensor, speed/cadence sensor, etc... is all set and goo to go. I loaded one of my prior rides into GC just to look at the data and promptly closed that down when my right eye started twitching and the fog of confusion rushed into my head. Well, that might be drama but there is a lot of data there and I think if I put some of those graphs in my next business review I might get a promotion. You use a graph like that and people are too scared to ask questons, they just assuem you're a rock star and congratulate you on a well delivered presentation. HA

Got in another trainer ride last night. I've been just sticking with the Sufferfest Fight Club running on Trainer Road. The great thing about being such a newb with a weak bike is that gains come fast. I can't wait to learn what all these numbers mean but since the numbers are going up I assume I'm getting stronger. Last 3 workouts look like this.

12/13/13 - NP = 159, Pw = 140
12/17/13 - NP = 161, Pw = 141
12/23/13 - NP = 173, Pw = 149

I pushed pretty hard on last nights workout since I knew there would be extra Christmas treats that will need to be eaten. LOL

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!!

Ron
2013-12-24 12:42 PM
in reply to: WaterRat

User image

Originally posted by WaterRat The great thing about being such a newb with a weak bike is that gains come fast. I can't wait to learn what all these numbers mean but since the numbers are going up I assume I'm getting stronger. Last 3 workouts look like this. 12/13/13 - NP = 159, Pw = 140 12/17/13 - NP = 161, Pw = 141 12/23/13 - NP = 173, Pw = 149 I pushed pretty hard on last nights workout since I knew there would be extra Christmas treats that will need to be eaten. LOL Everyone have a Merry Christmas!! Ron

My guess is that while your fitness is likely seeing a small bump, the difference between your workouts likely has more to do with your ability to pace your workouts well, and also chase after a "tangible" carrot...being a power number. 

And that's the beauty of power.  It gives us a true "carrot" to chase after in our workouts.

2013-12-24 3:51 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia

Quiet one in the "have not started yet" category checking in.....

But I did download GC so there's that. I'm not very good with gadgets and computers, but my husband is a computer geek so I'm not too worried. Before we start he will help me and make sure everything is working as it should. I will watch the videos posted too, just been too busy with work and Christmas.

I was glad to read that we can do these workouts outside. I'm not sure if I will, but options are always nice.

I know we will get into it more later, but what is the difference between power and normalized power?

And does it make sense to have a different FTP indoors vs. outdoors? I ask because a lot of my outdoor rides have an average power # that is higher than my FTP. Maybe I have a calibration issue? Or I tested wrong & my FTP should be higher.

2013-12-24 4:05 PM

User image

Originally posted by karen26.2

I know we will get into it more later, but what is the difference between power and normalized power?

Power is simply the amount of watts you are generating at the moment.  Average power is simply an average of that over time.  Normalized power is a little tricky.  It's basically an average power that estimates what you could have held if your power was even throughout.  It accounts for the surges or spikes in your power to give you a better idea of how hard your workout was.

This is an example Marc gave in another thread...(AP is average power and NP is normalized power)

Here are two extremes

You cycle at an even 200w for 1 hour. You AP will be 200w, your NP will be 200w
Now pretend you are going up and down a mountain. You go up 10min at 400w and you come down 10min at 0w. Your AP will be 200w.

Which one do you think is harder on your body ? The gong up, coming down, going up, coming down. The NP on this ride will probably be 270w..I am guessing, I could calculate it but too lazy

NP is more the physiolical cost on your body. While you only average 200w, the true cost on your body was 270w. In theory your body is "as tired" as if it had cycled 270w constantly.

This is an extreme. Cycling 270w on flat would in fact be harder, but NP is pretty close to what your body feels, esepcially when riding on a course a little less extreme like rolling hills.

And does it make sense to have a different FTP indoors vs. outdoors? I ask because a lot of my outdoor rides have an average power # that is higher than my FTP. Maybe I have a calibration issue? Or I tested wrong & my FTP should be higher.

Yes, it does make sense for some people to have indoor and outdoor FTPs.  Some people are able to have them close together, but I'm like you in that my outdoor riding usually generates more power. 

Edited by Jason N 2013-12-24 4:08 PM
2013-12-24 4:15 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia

Thanks Jason - that all makes sense. Good info!

2013-12-24 9:02 PM

User image

Master

Unsure if I fit the shy/quiet category. But figure some additional background/update is good.

Santa is bringing me a Power2Max in the morning. I hope to have it installed later tomorrow. I have been training with VP on my kurt kinetic. I use Sporttracks to create power files and have lately been uploading to WKO+and now have installed Golden Cheetah and am importing the power files from an exported file from SportTracks.

I am excited to get a power meter so I can easily see power # without having to go to the laminated cheatsheet I keep next to the trainer that crosses speed to a power # based on the Kurt Kinetic power curve. I will not plan on using a computer next to the trainer for workouts. I will look to either read workouts off my iPad as I complete them or possibly build them into a Garmin file and import into my Garmin. Most likely will follow the workout by looking at my iPad.

Also believe that I may receive a book or 2 on Power training. Really hoping to understand all the ins and outs once the program gets going!

Merry Christmas!!!
2013-12-25 9:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Jason N

Yes, it does make sense for some people to have indoor and outdoor FTPs.  Some people are able to have them close together, but I'm like you in that my outdoor riding usually generates more power. 

Merry Christmas to all !!

This is a really good question

As Jason mentioned many people can generate more watts outdoor than indoor. Cooling and fans make a huge difference. The bigger the fan for indoor, the better. Riding at 20MPH cools the body a lot, even when riding in warm weather.
It won’t take long people will notice they can probably generate more watts on their road bike than in the tri position. Not everyone but many. Fit plays a big role here.
Then when testing outdoor they will find they can generate more watts on a nice incline than on flats
Which brings up the question, where and how to test ? The simple answer is test as you would train and I guess an extension is train as you would race.
If you train mostly in aero position, test in aero. If you ride mostly in road position test that way.
This year, I will do most of Jan/Feb on my road bike on the trainer. So I will first test in this position. As I get closer to race season I will switch to my tri bike and test with that. I suspect I will have progressed in fitness but testing on my tri bike will show less watts so I will not see all the gains.

But for your average power on outdoor rides to be higher than your FTP is a bit of a stretch. If the outdoor ride was a 1hr really hard ride, maybe. If it wasn't hard or if it was longer than 1hr, not likely. Maybe a wrong FTP, maybe a bad calibration,
Are both with the same powermeter ? How did you test your FTP ?

Edited by marcag 2013-12-25 9:11 AM
2013-12-25 9:26 AM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
Originally posted by marcagBut for your average power on outdoor rides to be higher than your FTP is a bit of a stretch. If the outdoor ride was a 1hr really hard ride, maybe. If it wasn't hard or if it was longer than 1hr, not likely. Maybe a wrong FTP, maybe a bad calibration, Are both with the same powermeter ? How did you test your FTP ?
Same powertap, but I will say that when I tested I did it indoors and had a pre-conceived idea of what my FTP was (don't ask me how or why because I have no good answer) so I kind of rode to that "#". And I can push myself a LOT harder outside. Indoors I'm kind of a wimp.

So the ride that stands out and makes me question my FTP was over an hour, pretty hard effort for an hour, mostly uphill then flat to rolling, but was out & back so I had the long downhill too. Indoor FTP test resulted in about 187, and the outdoor ride was over 200. I tend to think I'm closer to the 200, but maybe not.

Should the settings include zeros or not? I think I have mine set to not include, thinking it would skew the # too low.

2013-12-25 9:39 AM
in reply to: karen26.2

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by marcagBut for your average power on outdoor rides to be higher than your FTP is a bit of a stretch. If the outdoor ride was a 1hr really hard ride, maybe. If it wasn't hard or if it was longer than 1hr, not likely. Maybe a wrong FTP, maybe a bad calibration, Are both with the same powermeter ? How did you test your FTP ?
Same powertap, but I will say that when I tested I did it indoors and had a pre-conceived idea of what my FTP was (don't ask me how or why because I have no good answer) so I kind of rode to that "#". And I can push myself a LOT harder outside. Indoors I'm kind of a wimp.

So the ride that stands out and makes me question my FTP was over an hour, pretty hard effort for an hour, mostly uphill then flat to rolling, but was out & back so I had the long downhill too. Indoor FTP test resulted in about 187, and the outdoor ride was over 200. I tend to think I'm closer to the 200, but maybe not.

Should the settings include zeros or not? I think I have mine set to not include, thinking it would skew the # too low.

Interesting stuff.

You were asking about Normalized and Average power. To get true Average power, you should include the zeros. However, many people find that excluding the zeros, like you did, gives a number close to Normalized power.

Sucking that file into GC will give you NP and true AP. (It will include the zeros). Sucking all your files into GC will show some cool stuff that we will get to pretty soon

My instinct is your NP will be close to 200 and that will be closer to your true FTP.

It's hard to test at first because you have no idea what to target. As you get better, you have a better idea can pace properly and push yourself to exceed the previous result. I know for me, if I go out too hard on the test I will fade and result in a lower number. But if I start too low I'll wallow in self pity and come out too low. Pacing is very important.

2013-12-25 10:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

It's hard to test at first because you have no idea what to target. As you get better, you have a better idea can pace properly and push yourself to exceed the previous result. I know for me, if I go out too hard on the test I will fade and result in a lower number. But if I start too low I'll wallow in self pity and come out too low. Pacing is very important.

I know that was absolutely true for me.  The first time I attempted a 20 minute test, I went out WAY too hard, held it for a couple minutes, and then dropped down something like 40W.  The resulting FTP was so low that none of the workouts I did after that were challenging at all, so I kept bumping my FTP up until the workouts felt like what I thought they should.  Once I had a decent baseline for my FTP, the 20 minute tests became easier to pace.  That said, I think I've done something like 5-6 tests and have only been pleased with the pacing on the last two.  It really is a learning curve.

However, in regards to indoors vs outdoors, I actually think my indoor FTP is higher.  I'm not sure if it actually is or not, but I'm willing to push myself a lot harder inside than outside.

Marc -- question for you about Golden Cheetah: is there a way to overlay your max 5/20/60/90/120 minute power output on the PMC, or is that something you can only do in Training Peaks?  I'd really like to have that feature, but I haven't been able to figure out if you can do it or not.

2013-12-25 10:58 AM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by ligersandtions

Marc -- question for you about Golden Cheetah: is there a way to overlay your max 5/20/60/90/120 minute power output on the PMC, or is that something you can only do in Training Peaks?  I'd really like to have that feature, but I haven't been able to figure out if you can do it or not.

Yes. Go into the chart settings. The go into "Custom" and add 5minPeak Power, 20min Peak Power....90min Peak Power

They don't support 120min, 90 is the longest which kind of sucks

WKO allows customer values. I like to have my 2h20 in there but GC doesn't support that. 90min is the max
2013-12-25 11:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by ligersandtions
- question for you about Golden Cheetah: is there a way to overlay your max 5/20/60/90/120 minute power output on the PMC, or is that something you can only do in Training Peaks?  I'd really like to have that feature, but I haven't been able to figure out if you can do it or not.

For those that don't know what a PMC is, here is a bit of a teaser. We will cover this again, but seeing it now will just make it easier to relate to later

A PMC chart shows how much work/fitness we have done over time

Here is my PMC for all 3 sports combined over time (3 years in this case). But a PMC is normally maintained per sport, especially for the bike.

THe blue line is the equivalent of my fitness. It uses a formula that averages work done in the last 40 or so days. Notice it's at it's lowest during the off-season (now) and highest a few weeks before a race,
The red line is short term fatigue. I do a really hard workout/week and it spikes
The yellow line is my stress balance. It's basically a measure of how fresh I am. It drops when mty fatigue spikes

So the idea is to get the blue line as high as possible, for maximum fitness. In doing so, my short term fatigue is also going to go very high. If i wanted to race at the peak of that fitness, I may not do well because I was so fatigued

So the idea is to get a very high blue line, then taper and gain more freshness than I am losing fitness

What is interesting about this chart is it shows that over the years, I have raised my training load. The lows (typically) in Dec are still higher year over year.

If you notice the dotted lines on the right, those are my projected loads for 2014 so I can hit a peak greater than ever before

So what is cool is I can quantify the work I need to do and my power meter will allow me to translate that into watts and hours of training

This is a great way to say "this year I want to do 10% more than last year". Or it's a way to say "People that KQ typically put X TSS". Or "if my load is Y, I end up getting sick or injuring myself"

All these numbers are derived from power.

We will measure your FTP. TSS will be used to calculate the load of a workout based on your FTP and the Power you generated in the workout. This chart is an accumulation of those TSS scores.

If this is Chinese, NO PROBLEMO. We will slowly get back into this and it will become more clear as we move forward

If you have historic power data, this chart could be built from it.

Edited by marcag 2013-12-25 11:27 AM
2013-12-26 7:37 AM

User image

Master
Who knew training with power could be dangerous. As the day was winding down yesterday evening I went downstairs to begin the install process for my Power2Max. Was closing the clamp on my Park Bike Maintenance stand and as the spring lever close it caught the tip of my pinky finger. Immediately saw blood. Went upstairs, washed it out and noticed a significant portion of the pad of my pinky finger was missing. Went back downstairs, found the missing parts and spent the next couple hours in the ER. Just have to let it heal, they couldn't reattach the pad. Typical triathlete though, asked if I could swim. Nurse says not until it's healed. I say, define healed. Her answer was two weeks. That sucks. Had to get a tetanus shot too. Guess I get to focus on biking and running for a couple weeks. Be careful gang!

2013-12-26 8:23 AM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by trisuppo

Who knew training with power could be dangerous. As the day was winding down yesterday evening I went downstairs to begin the install process for my Power2Max. Was closing the clamp on my Park Bike Maintenance stand and as the spring lever close it caught the tip of my pinky finger. Immediately saw blood. Went upstairs, washed it out and noticed a significant portion of the pad of my pinky finger was missing. Went back downstairs, found the missing parts and spent the next couple hours in the ER. Just have to let it heal, they couldn't reattach the pad. Typical triathlete though, asked if I could swim. Nurse says not until it's healed. I say, define healed. Her answer was two weeks. That sucks. Had to get a tetanus shot too. Guess I get to focus on biking and running for a couple weeks. Be careful gang!

That sucks!! Christmas at ER, no swimming.....I feel bad for you. Heel up well !!

Upside is more time to do FTP testing :-)
2013-12-26 9:03 AM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia

Originally posted by trisuppo Who knew training with power could be dangerous. As the day was winding down yesterday evening I went downstairs to begin the install process for my Power2Max. Was closing the clamp on my Park Bike Maintenance stand and as the spring lever close it caught the tip of my pinky finger. Immediately saw blood. Went upstairs, washed it out and noticed a significant portion of the pad of my pinky finger was missing. Went back downstairs, found the missing parts and spent the next couple hours in the ER. Just have to let it heal, they couldn't reattach the pad. Typical triathlete though, asked if I could swim. Nurse says not until it's healed. I say, define healed. Her answer was two weeks. That sucks. Had to get a tetanus shot too. Guess I get to focus on biking and running for a couple weeks. Be careful gang!
That sucks!! Christmas at ER, no swimming.....I feel bad for you. Heel up well !! Upside is more time to do FTP testing :-)

That's a bummer. I recently tripped while running (pretty common for me) and took a good chunk out of the palm of my hand. Didn't get stitches but that took forever to heal, and like you, no swimming. I was going to swim but my husband convinced me it might not be the smartest move.

When it gets partially healed try New Skin liquid bandage, that stuff rocks!

2013-12-26 2:01 PM
in reply to: karen26.2

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Got my speed/cadence sensor, ended up with a wireless Garmin GSC-10, got it at the local REI store. They don't have the USB stick, nor did my LBS so I ordered from Amazon regular shipping, supposed to be here between Jan 2 and Jan 7. Will try and get trainer set up today. I have a Garmin fR 305, anyone know if that will get data from the GSC-10? The literature doesn't mention the Garmin FR 305.
2013-12-26 2:09 PM
in reply to: reecealan

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Originally posted by reecealan

Got my speed/cadence sensor, ended up with a wireless Garmin GSC-10, got it at the local REI store. They don't have the USB stick, nor did my LBS so I ordered from Amazon regular shipping, supposed to be here between Jan 2 and Jan 7. Will try and get trainer set up today. I have a Garmin fR 305, anyone know if that will get data from the GSC-10? The literature doesn't mention the Garmin FR 305.

I did find something on the Garmin website (FAQ's) explaining how to link up, keeping my fingers crossed will report back on success/fail.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  

of 73

RELATED POSTS

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16125 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 29608 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75

Started by slornow
Views: 60742 Posts: 1862

2014-05-16 5:48 PM GoldenSprocket

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : March 4, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 3, 2008
author : jasongootman
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : October 21, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Training with a power meter will make sure that you are spending every minute on the bike effectively. Racing with a power meter will keep you humble and in your proper zones on race day.
date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.