BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-10 11:14 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Race Report is posted. I finished, it rained the ENTIRE race....then it stopped minutes after I crossed the finish. That is all. :/

2015-02-10 12:53 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Seattle

Good news on the pug front. Her heart is in great condition! What they thought they saw in the chest xrays (an enlarged heart) was not the case and for an old lady pug, her heart is goin' strong. No murmurs, either. 

We got a different antibiotic, so we will see if it reduces or even completely clears up the lump on her chest. If not, then we will talk surgery. But at least we know her heart is in a place where she can handle surgery. 

2015-02-10 12:54 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Good news on the pug front. Her heart is in great condition! What they thought they saw in the chest xrays (an enlarged heart) was not the case and for an old lady pug, her heart is goin' strong. No murmurs, either. 

We got a different antibiotic, so we will see if it reduces or even completely clears up the lump on her chest. If not, then we will talk surgery. But at least we know her heart is in a place where she can handle surgery. 

Excellent news! 

How old is Stevie?

2015-02-10 12:59 PM

User image

Master

The in-laws have landed.

That is all.

2015-02-10 12:59 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by jmkizer

Excellent news! 

How old is Stevie?

11ish. We adopted her when she was 5ish...so there is a little guessing. 

2015-02-10 1:00 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

The in-laws have landed.

That is all.

dun dun dun

2015-02-10 1:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Got a stupid cold 3 weeks out from my first road race.  Have an hour easy scheduled today, and am debating sucking it up and doing it or just letting myself rest another day.  I feel ok...ish, so I could do it no problem.  I'm more concerned about my intervals tomorrow.

2015-02-10 1:23 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

Got a stupid cold 3 weeks out from my first road race.  Have an hour easy scheduled today, and am debating sucking it up and doing it or just letting myself rest another day.  I feel ok...ish, so I could do it no problem.  I'm more concerned about my intervals tomorrow.

If you keep the easy to actually being easy, I think that you might actually feel better after riding.  You'll need to rein it in though.

2015-02-10 1:24 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Excellent news! 

How old is Stevie?

11ish. We adopted her when she was 5ish...so there is a little guessing. 

That's a tough age.  Old enough that recovery from surgery is no small thing.  The new meds will do the trick though so no worries!

We love Stevie!  (insert another photo below)

2015-02-10 1:29 PM

User image

Seattle

If you keep the easy to actually being easy, I think that you might actually feel better after riding.  You'll need to rein it in though.

Yeah I agree. I have found that working out tends to help colds so long as you don't go all out.

3 weeks out is perfect timing. Better now than 3 weeks from now!

2015-02-10 1:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Yeah I agree. I have found that working out tends to help colds so long as you don't go all out.

Very true.  I do think that some easy cycling probably will help more than hurt.  I usually feel worse if I don't train for a few days.

2015-02-10 1:51 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Super news!

2015-02-10 1:51 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

The in-laws have landed.

That is all.

Batten down the hatches!

2015-02-10 1:54 PM

Master
Northern IL

Very true.  I do think that some easy cycling probably will help more than hurt.  I usually feel worse if I don't train for a few days.

Head stuff I *might* ride some, though easy. If I have trouble focusing or paying attention I'm done. Better to rest. Working out with respiratory issues has never really been good for me. I know a good part of my body doesn't like missing the workout either, but it also doesn't like muddling through some half-arsed workouts that make getting over the sickness take longer.

2015-02-10 1:55 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Proof of life post.  Got back from Louisiana yesterday after 3 hours of sleep the night before.  6 a.m. flights suck.  I slept most of the day yesterday and am back at work today wishing I could stay home today too.  I'm reeling from the experience at the Whitney Plantation of performing music written by slaves and the news that a friend and mentor died on Monday from breast cancer.  I hadn't seen her in awhile so I didn't know that her cancer had come back until I got a message on Saturday that she was dying.  Fortunately, having been gone for 4 days, I'm buried at work so that's providing a good distraction (as is BT ).   I was supposed to see the PT yesterday but I got the time wrong and missed my appointment.  PT is rescheduled for next Thursday and my coach says no official training until I'm cleared to do so, just some walking/light PT exercises/short swim or 2.  Grr.  I'm just a hot mess.

2015-02-10 2:49 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by laffinrock

Proof of life post.  Got back from Louisiana yesterday after 3 hours of sleep the night before.  6 a.m. flights suck.  I slept most of the day yesterday and am back at work today wishing I could stay home today too.  I'm reeling from the experience at the Whitney Plantation of performing music written by slaves and the news that a friend and mentor died on Monday from breast cancer.  I hadn't seen her in awhile so I didn't know that her cancer had come back until I got a message on Saturday that she was dying.  Fortunately, having been gone for 4 days, I'm buried at work so that's providing a good distraction (as is BT ).   I was supposed to see the PT yesterday but I got the time wrong and missed my appointment.  PT is rescheduled for next Thursday and my coach says no official training until I'm cleared to do so, just some walking/light PT exercises/short swim or 2.  Grr.  I'm just a hot mess.

Day-um. There is a lot here.

Keep on keepin on!

2015-02-10 4:06 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

WHOA.

Sorry about your friend

2015-02-10 4:14 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
So....guess who registered for the Disneyland half today?! ??
2015-02-10 4:15 PM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you can get back to training soon!
2015-02-10 4:41 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Losing someone in your life like that is rough.  Hope your PT clears you to resume more activity.  Take care and rest up.

2015-02-10 4:43 PM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Artemis So....guess who registered for the Disneyland half today?! ??

I have always wanted to do that.  Sounds like so much fun.  {switching over to see race details}

2015-02-10 4:49 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Denver, CO

For those of you with a love/hate relationship with yoga, here's a possible solution from dogshaming.com:

No more downward dog for you!

Bad-Sparky
2015-02-10 5:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Speaking from recent experience, maybe do it on the trainer though so if you need to stop to cough up a lung (or some of the green crap that is filling your head) it isn't such a big deal. Also if you do decide after 30 or 45 minutes that is all you can cope with for the day you can stop you don't have to still get home.
2015-02-10 5:23 PM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Artemis So....guess who registered for the Disneyland half today?! ??

Rad!

2015-02-10 5:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

Hey guys, so...to add to my crazy smattering of sports I have been dabbling in I was just recruited to play in a charity hockey game on Feb 21st. It benefits the Ronald McDonald House. Having spent 23 days in the hospital as a newborn, this means a lot of me.

http://rmhchockeychallenge.causevox.com/adrienne-salzwedel

Above is the link to my donation page. 

*I am playing on a Brewery Team, too of course

Edited by Asalzwed 2015-02-10 5:25 PM
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55372 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.