BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 107

2019-01-19 6:48 AM
in reply to: #5253173

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED
Kristen,

The Feed is a Colorado based company that sells sports nutrition.

https://thefeed.com

2019-01-19 10:08 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Oh...and here's a picture of Bahama's puppy.

I'm currently on the phone with JetBlue airlines trying to see if there's a spot available on the flights.

(Puppy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Puppy.jpg (71KB - 5 downloads)
2019-01-19 12:13 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by glfprncsOh...and here's a picture of Bahama's puppy.I'm currently on the phone with JetBlue airlines trying to see if there's a spot available on the flights.
i am in love!!
2019-01-19 12:14 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by glfprncsOh...and here's a picture of Bahama's puppy.I'm currently on the phone with JetBlue airlines trying to see if there's a spot available on the flights.
Aww!
2019-01-19 3:49 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Too cute! I don't blame him. Who could resist a puppy face like that?! Looks in the pic like he has blue eyes...or is that just a reflection? I know kittens have blue eyes for a while before they change in most breeds--no idea about dogs!
2019-01-19 4:28 PM
in reply to: #5254215

User image

Yes, blue eyes. Like ocean blue, too.

Found a rescue group on the island that is helping us find a soft travel bag as the flights require dogs to fly in cabin (under the seat)

2019-01-19 8:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Awww....Do the eyes stay blue or do they change like cats?

Good luck with the flights. That was just incredibly stressful with getting my fur babies back from Vietnam. Glad Bahama Puppy can fly in-cabin. None of the airlines out of Asia would take my cats in cabin, even the little one (less than seven pounds). I must have tried every airline available before finding a reasonably safe booking (redeye on Eva Air via Taipei to avoid the heat of the day). Eva said pet plus carrier had to be under seven pounds for in-cabin, and the lightest approved soft carrier we could find was still too heavy. Not even a few ounces over allowed. I guess you can only take kittens and toy dogs--she is the smallest adult cat I've ever had! I knew Smudgee (18 pounds, not counting the dog-size crate he has to be shipped in to comply with the "stand up and turn around" rule) would be in cargo, but it broke my heart to put 6 1/2 pound Tomoko in there. Thank goodness she did not break in transit!

Sherpa Carrier is a really good soft carrier brand if you can find it. I was able to take my Chinese cat back from Beijing in that. (Oddly--she was nine pounds. I guess airlines--we were on Canadian and ANA then--have different in-cabin policies.)

Edited by Hot Runner 2019-01-19 8:36 PM
2019-01-19 9:08 PM
in reply to: #5253173

User image

He's flying Silver to Ft Lauderdale & Jet Blue to Jacjsonville. Both only allow in cabin pets and max weight is 20 pounds (pet + carrier).

There's a rescue group on the island working to help him find a carrier. They're not too plentiful on Abaco island it seems.

Here's hoping everything just falls into place by Thursday.
2019-01-19 9:42 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I think I had a carrier shipped to China--a lot of the local ones weren't airline approved. You could probably get one to the island that way in a pinch.
2019-01-20 6:13 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by juniperjen

Happy Thursday! It's technically my Friday since i have tomorrow off so i can be home with my daughter because the school is out for the day. I need to run. I need to lube my treadmill belt. It's looking quite frigid this weekend, so Manatees, while i have run in all kinds of cold i think this may be my threshold. I might try to do my 10 miles (16k) tomorrow but tell me how bad would it be to do on the treadmill if i can't get it in tomorrow? 

I've done I think 18 miles on the treadmill before. Just break it up into manageable chunks. Maybe do 5K, 5K, 6K.

Let yourself step off for a minute to re-fill water or stretch - for, me, getting a physical break every hour or so was key. Hopefully you have Netflix or something queued up that you can watch? I think I did a few episodes of TV (or sports, I love watching college basketball) alternated with my favorite music for variety. 

Well, i did it! thanks for your encouragement. I decided to go by time - set the first part using the 10k program which took me just over an hour and changed up the incline periodically with the program. And then took a walk break and reset to what i needed to get 1:40. I had to hop off for a bathroom break and that was it! Listened to the Wait Wait Don't Tell Me podcast and some Vinyl Cafe stories to keep me occupied and laughing a bit. 

We got a fair amount of snow but not crazy - just the windchill this morning was -25C which is too much for me. 

How did everyone else fare with the weather bomb?

2019-01-20 6:39 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
No real "weather" here by midwestern or Canadian standards! But we had really thick morning fog that apparently closed the airport for a few hours--our New York Times did not arrive (they fly it in from Salt Lake City) until mid-afternoon. I think we are getting the tail end of the rainstorms that have been pelting California and the Northwest. In Oregon, we called them Pineapple Express storms--unusually warm, with lots of gusty wind and rain. Low 50's here this afternoon, but not user-friendly for biking with drizzle and gusty wind. I rode the trainer. Not normal weather for here---usually highs in the 30's and some years there has been a lot of snow.

Hope all of you with the frozen form of precipitation are staying safe and warm.

2019-01-21 4:48 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Expert
Illinois
The puppy is adorable!!

The worst of the storm missed our area by about 20 miles and we had a bit of freezing drizzle but nothing too bad. North of our area fared much worse. And the fact that it rolled through on a weekend was a blessing. Now we just have cold temps.

Logged my first week on the Manatee Challenge. Was sick all last week, so the weight challenge was easy.
2019-01-21 7:27 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Originally posted by abake

The puppy is adorable!!

Logged my first week on the Manatee Challenge. Was sick all last week, so the weight challenge was easy.

I was too stressed figuring out puppy logistics that I forgot to eat (which is shocking because I'm generally a stress eater!).

We found a travel carrier for the puppy at 2:00 a.m. I was so excited when I heard my cell phone in the middle of the night and saw that it was from the rescue group on the island.

Latest adorable puppy picture..

(Abaco.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Abaco.jpg (143KB - 2 downloads)
2019-01-21 9:00 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by glfprncs
Originally posted by abakeThe puppy is adorable!!Logged my first week on the Manatee Challenge. Was sick all last week, so the weight challenge was easy.
I was too stressed figuring out puppy logistics that I forgot to eat (which is shocking because I'm generally a stress eater!).We found a travel carrier for the puppy at 2:00 a.m. I was so excited when I heard my cell phone in the middle of the night and saw that it was from the rescue group on the island.Latest adorable puppy picture..
excellent news on the carrier. Do you have a name for this blue eyed furry bit of adorableness?
2019-01-21 1:04 PM
in reply to: #5254232

User image

Robin-- my husband is still unsure. He's been toying with variations of Abaco (the island they're on) and Webb (the tour he's caddying on is the WebDotCom). I'm sure he'll be official before he sets foot in the US.
2019-01-21 1:37 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by abake The puppy is adorable!! Logged my first week on the Manatee Challenge. Was sick all last week, so the weight challenge was easy.
I was too stressed figuring out puppy logistics that I forgot to eat (which is shocking because I'm generally a stress eater!). We found a travel carrier for the puppy at 2:00 a.m. I was so excited when I heard my cell phone in the middle of the night and saw that it was from the rescue group on the island. Latest adorable puppy picture..

He is adorable!!  Wishing him and your husband a safe flight home.

2019-01-21 1:43 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

My race yesterday didn't happen.  It's held on a college campus which chose to close campus from Friday night through Sunday evening which meant the race wasn't able to use their facilities.  The forecast was to be for multiple inches of snow followed by ice (freezing rain, sleet) and generally bad winter weather situations.  In reality, the storm fizzled. 

We got maybe an inch, inch and a half of snow which promptly got turned to slush by freezing rain.  The temps stayed just above freezing so the icy conditions they were predicting didn't happen.  Overall this is all good news (the storm flopping) but the bugger of it is they could've held the event had campus not been closed.  The wind came up and the sun came out which dried off the roads.  It was cold, yeah, and windy which wouldn't have been ideal but we could've done it.  Oh well.  It seems so far this fall/winter our weather forecasters have missed the mark more than usual.

2019-01-21 6:56 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
Menlanie_ That stinks. I hate being mentally ready for a race and being hyped up only to have it cancelled. So disappointing.
2019-01-21 7:00 PM

User image

Expert
Last night I was talking to my Sherpa team aka Michelle, my brother and his wife, when the conversation turned to IM Louisville and the weather. My sister in law asked if we were going again this year and without missing a beat Michelle said YES!
It's official we're getting the band back together and doing IM Louisville or I'm doing IM Louisville and my family is going to come along to sherpa/drink fireball shots at the dueling piano bar.

Edited by JBacarella 2019-01-21 7:01 PM
2019-01-21 11:14 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master

Originally posted by JBacarella Last night I was talking to my Sherpa team aka Michelle, my brother and his wife, when the conversation turned to IM Louisville and the weather. My sister in law asked if we were going again this year and without missing a beat Michelle said YES! It's official we're getting the band back together and doing IM Louisville or I'm doing IM Louisville and my family is going to come along to sherpa/drink fireball shots at the dueling piano bar.

Gotta love a well trained sherpa team

2019-01-21 11:16 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master

Well, the scale didn't say exactly what I wanted it to today, but it was in the right direction so I'll take it.  I think I was on track for all my challenge last week. 

Sorry about your race Melanie!

PS: I am having the weather North America is jealous of currently.  About 8C and sunny while the rest of the country is getting snow and ice....

2019-01-22 5:12 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Jacksonville, Florida
JoGo challenge report - I am happy to report that the local food & beer scenes in Raleigh & Durham are thriving and diet busting bingeworthy. I practiced maximum enthusiasm during my visits to the local establishments and enjoyed the long weekend visit immensely. Alas, this is but a temporary set back. Since returning home, I have redirected my enthusiasm towards eating right, alcohol abstinence and training. Just made the challenge a little more challenging is all.
2019-01-22 5:14 AM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

Robin-- my husband is still unsure. He's been toying with variations of Abaco (the island they're on) and Webb (the tour he's caddying on is the WebDotCom). I'm sure he'll be official before he sets foot in the US.
Who is he caddying for?
2019-01-22 6:26 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Jogo challenge went well on week one, as is often the case for me. Stayed in motion, stuck to my food intake, and last weight, so I was 3 for 3. After talking it over with TW this weekend, I have dropped my goal weight a couple of pounds, making it a bit more challenging. 207 is the lowest I have been in QUITE some time. 210 is a good/comfortable place. So, I am shooting for 208, which then puts me in better riding and running shape. This also makes the challenge a bit more challenging, so we'll see how it goes. I did some reading this week on resolutions, and how last week is the week that it all falls apart for many people. Another item that a podcast focused on is goals for 2019, not resolutions for the year. Along with the goal based discussion that Janyne started last week, it is pushing me to re-assess my objectives for the coming year.

I hope everyone is doing well here at the beginning of the week and rolling forward through this week. Have a great one!

Edited by cdban66 2019-01-22 6:28 AM
2019-01-22 8:17 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Chris, I had to expand your rows in the Keep Moving tab because the calculator formula had not been applied to me or a few others who were late additions. Not sure how to get them to collapse again so I'll let an expert do that 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 107