General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Original BT members out there? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
2019-04-01 1:39 PM

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: Any Original BT members out there?

Hey all! I am sort of an original member of BT.   Started maybe around 2004 or 2005 and was pretty consistent on there through 2014 or 2015.   It was a great community- probably still is!    I am signed up for IMFL and thought I'd hop back on..this was a great place to meet people- and actually ended up with some real life close friends from here.   Ahhhh, the days before Facebook!  

Anyway, just wondering who is still around from back in the day?    Cheers ??



2019-04-01 2:00 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Master
2414
2000100100100100
Falls Church, Virginia
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
I used training programs from BT in 2004 to finish my first super sprint. Came back in 2005 to register, and been here off and on ever since. I definitely see more of my BT pals on Facebook and Instagram than anywhere else, but also check in here frequently since all my training is logged here. BT was pre-Strava! Ahhhh, the old days.
2019-04-01 2:10 PM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Champion
9998
500020002000500100100100100252525
, Minnesota
Gold member
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I joined in 2006, so not quite "original" but long nonetheless   I still use the log to log everything I do, fitness-wise.  It's quite a data set at this point. 

2019-04-01 2:39 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Been logging here since 2005! Some of us are still around!

2019-04-01 3:04 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Champion
7396
50002000100100100252525
Placitas, New Mexico
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Joined in September 2005 after completing my first triathlon and lurking for almost 2 months.  

Sometime a while back, I could find my member ID which also correlated with joining BT, but can't find it any more.  

2019-04-02 3:42 AM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Veteran
486
100100100100252525
Newcastle, England
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I joined early 2005 - used the Beginners IM plan for my first IM

Have continued to use the training log all this time

 



2019-04-02 7:22 AM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Champion
10629
5000500050010025
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I had to look at my profile to check when I had first registered here... January 2006.

2019-04-02 9:53 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I like the spirit of this place...I don't use strava- it feels like too much of a competition to me.   I use training peaks for logging but may start to double log and hop back in     What's on your race calendar this year?   

 

Originally posted by Atlantia I used training programs from BT in 2004 to finish my first super sprint. Came back in 2005 to register, and been here off and on ever since. I definitely see more of my BT pals on Facebook and Instagram than anywhere else, but also check in here frequently since all my training is logged here. BT was pre-Strava! Ahhhh, the old days.

2019-04-02 9:55 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I am quite certain your "screen name" is familiar to me    I was pretty consistent on here for about 10 years then it got spotty.  It's good to see people still on here!  

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I joined in 2006, so not quite "original" but long nonetheless   I still use the log to log everything I do, fitness-wise.  It's quite a data set at this point. 

2019-04-02 9:56 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Yay!  There is something about this site that calls me back   The good memories?  The positive atmosphere?  I dunno.   It's where I was when I started.   Thanks for chiming in! 

Originally posted by lisac957

Been logging here since 2005! Some of us are still around!

2019-04-02 9:57 AM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Regular
225
10010025
Bolivar, OH
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
Definitely not one of the originals but I have been here on and off since 10/06/2009.

Was absent for a while but I am getting back into it. Love the way I am feeling.

I dont have strava. I started back up posting my workouts on here.


2019-04-02 9:59 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

I totally remember your screen name, McFuzz...and I see you have your same profile picture.  I remember it b/c you are climbing. Always wanted to get into climbing and in the last year or so I have.  We have an amazing indoor gym a mile from here and I have been out to CO for some beginner outdoor climbs.  I think you can look in your profile for your registration date? I will have to check that to see when I joined!  Cheers. 

 

Originally posted by McFuzz

Joined in September 2005 after completing my first triathlon and lurking for almost 2 months.  

Sometime a while back, I could find my member ID which also correlated with joining BT, but can't find it any more.  

2019-04-02 10:01 AM
in reply to: TRIMAN413

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

It's really amazing how it can make you feel..I have done some ultra running...but have found as I get older it is a bad idea!  My body doesn't tolerate the mega running.   I also did some endurance swimming, which was great...but there is really something about all 3 at once that leaves you feeling pretty spectacular.  I don't do strava, either.  Not my thing.  Good for you getting back to it!  

 

Originally posted by TRIMAN413 Definitely not one of the originals but I have been here on and off since 10/06/2009. Was absent for a while but I am getting back into it. Love the way I am feeling. I dont have strava. I started back up posting my workouts on here.

2019-04-02 10:06 AM
in reply to: WildWill

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

That's awesome!  I didn't use any of the BT plans but learned a lot from this site in my first years.   Are you training for an IM now?  

 

Originally posted by WildWill

I joined early 2005 - used the Beginners IM plan for my first IM

Have continued to use the training log all this time

 

2019-04-02 10:08 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Just checked mine....October 2004    Like I said before, something about this site I like.  Like a warm blankie 

Originally posted by briderdt

I had to look at my profile to check when I had first registered here... January 2006.

2019-04-02 2:59 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Master
2318
2000100100100
Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
Late 2005 - I found the site while looking for a place to log my training but stumbled into the forums and 10,0000 hours of time spent reading/writing posts later, I'm still here...

Anyone in this thread a refugee from TriNewbiesOnline?


2019-04-02 3:16 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Veteran
486
100100100100252525
Newcastle, England
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Originally posted by Mimir98

That's awesome!  I didn't use any of the BT plans but learned a lot from this site in my first years.   Are you training for an IM now?  

 

Originally posted by WildWill

I joined early 2005 - used the Beginners IM plan for my first IM

Have continued to use the training log all this time

 

Hi

Yes - I'm training for IM Vichy this year ... cant wait

2019-04-02 7:23 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image


332
10010010025
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
I've been here since my first tri in 2012. I might not be an original, but 7 years is a long time. I have more recently taken a hiatus from racing, but still run 3 days a week, bike regularly from April through Oct, and swim on the weekends. If I hadn't had BT to support me, I don't think I would have incorporated tri into my life so completely that I still train it all the time, even without the motivation of a race. I continue to be very thankful for this forum!
2019-04-03 12:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Originally posted by WildWill

Originally posted by Mimir98

That's awesome!  I didn't use any of the BT plans but learned a lot from this site in my first years.   Are you training for an IM now?  

 

Originally posted by WildWill

I joined early 2005 - used the Beginners IM plan for my first IM

Have continued to use the training log all this time

 

Hi

Yes - I'm training for IM Vichy this year ... cant wait

I bet! I am just going back to Florida 



Edited by Mimir98 2019-04-03 12:49 PM
2019-04-03 12:51 PM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Looks like we both started about the same time on here...I did actually get a plan or two from trinewbies! I never used BT plans...and after I jumped up to Ironman I hired a coach.   Is trinewbies still around, I wonder?? 

Originally posted by alltom1 Late 2005 - I found the site while looking for a place to log my training but stumbled into the forums and 10,0000 hours of time spent reading/writing posts later, I'm still here... Anyone in this thread a refugee from TriNewbiesOnline?

2019-04-03 12:52 PM
in reply to: Caroleena

User image

Master
2005
2000
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

That is great! I feel like I get super lazy without a race   I wish I could just "exercise" but I am not sure I would have the same dedication without the race!  Even though I like the training better than racing for the most part.    Go figure 

Originally posted by Caroleena I've been here since my first tri in 2012. I might not be an original, but 7 years is a long time. I have more recently taken a hiatus from racing, but still run 3 days a week, bike regularly from April through Oct, and swim on the weekends. If I hadn't had BT to support me, I don't think I would have incorporated tri into my life so completely that I still train it all the time, even without the motivation of a race. I continue to be very thankful for this forum!



2019-04-03 2:22 PM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Champion
10629
5000500050010025
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Originally posted by alltom1 Anyone in this thread a refugee from TriNewbiesOnline?

Oh, now there are some memories. TTN's fixie riding on Powercranks? Or the ultimate blow-up of "Disappointed"? The throw-down between TNO and ST at... which tri was that?

2019-04-04 8:39 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Master
2318
2000100100100
Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
Originally posted by briderdt

Originally posted by alltom1 Anyone in this thread a refugee from TriNewbiesOnline?

Oh, now there are some memories. TTN's fixie riding on Powercranks? Or the ultimate blow-up of "Disappointed"? The throw-down between TNO and ST at... which tri was that?




'Dissapointed' -how it was spelled in the thread - was the most train-wrecky in real-time thread ever created. I didn't understand what I was reading until about the time the thread got pulled, which happened pretty quickly, IIRC. I don't remember the throw down well but can't imagine it went well for the TNO folks..
2019-04-04 1:53 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Master
1530
100050025
TORONTO
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

Registered in 2008 and still logging consistently.  It's nice to go back and see how far I've come.  I've met a couple of people from the site over the years and consider one a good friend (latestarter).

2019-04-04 6:54 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Member
42
25
Delaware
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?
I have logged every one of my workouts here since December 2010. I did IMFL in 2011. You are going to love it if the weather is good. It was a great PR for me.. I would like to beat it someday but I am getting older and slower. I might do it again next year.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Original BT members out there? Rss Feed  
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
RELATED POSTS

The spam problem on BT is getting better, yes?

Started by alicefoeller
Views: 282 Posts: 5

2019-03-31 11:10 PM HaydenHunter

Thank You BT and BSC Multisport

Started by jnuger
Views: 552 Posts: 4

2018-11-06 7:39 PM jpetrehn

Submit Your Favorite Gear for BT's Annual Gift Guide - Reposted from Articles

Started by k9car363
Views: 393 Posts: 1

2018-09-07 3:15 PM k9car363

Is BT Dead? Another Spam Forum and Time To Move On?

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 960 Posts: 21

2018-07-17 10:54 AM lisac957