BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 127

2020-09-30 2:58 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED

Security issue perhaps on BT. I was signed out of BT and as soon as i signed in google alerted me there was a data breach somewhere and my saved passwords could be compromised. So i had them all removed. UGH. I don't know which site is compromised or if it was google's issue, but just an FYI.

2020-09-30 6:21 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Security issue perhaps on BT. I was signed out of BT and as soon as i signed in google alerted me there was a data breach somewhere and my saved passwords could be compromised. So i had them all removed. UGH. I don't know which site is compromised or if it was google's issue, but just an FYI.

I've had that happen and it is such a headache. Hopefully nothing important was breached.
2020-09-30 6:24 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by JBacarella

I've had that happen and it is such a headache. Hopefully nothing important was breached.
Not knowing what was breached is really annoying! Seemed easiest just to remove all saved passwords from google which seems to have removed from the sites. I hope.
2020-10-01 9:41 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

I use roboform and lastpass and recently have been auditing my passwords and changing the easy ones to something ridiculous. It's only annoying on my phone when I need to enter a PW but I figure better safe than sorry.

2020-10-01 9:46 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by glfprncs Little SC/GA update: 1. The weather has been stunning! 70-low 80s and low humidity. This would've been Augusta 70.3 weekend and wetsuit legal & cool. Go figure. 2. I've decided to sell my TT bike. I'm not quitting triathlon, but am really enjoying being off road. The bike has enough value that if I'm gonna sell, now is the time. 3. I also bought a MTB and she's BEAUTIFUL (my husband doesn't know yet--we keep separate finances for our fun money--but I'm a little nervous to tell him for some reason. He has always worried about me getting hurt cycling. Maybe I can argue that a tree at 8 mph will do less damage than a car at 18 mph). 4. Next week is week #4 of our 1st term at school. Almost 25% done. Happy to hear that things are improving on the west coast.

Congrats on the MTB purchase!  They are fun.

Should I not tell you that I've had more stitches/wounds from MTB-ing than road riding?  The worst led to the best quote of all time: "I've got a hole in my leg and I'm not stopping until I get to the truck!"  That was me, pedaling past my husband (he was waiting at the bottom) as I finished going down the hill after crashing nastily, leg and arm fully bleeding, sock and shoe red.  I could've laid my pinky finger in the gash in my leg.  2 internal and 4 external stitches if I recall correctly.  Of course we were in the middle of nowhere, basically, and it was about an hour drive to the doctor.

I can relate....I was pedaling in a narrow chute on Friday - Big rock on one side, drop off on the other so I leaned into the rock. The rock left a 2 inch slice in my arm. It wasn't that bad but it was deep enough that it started gushing until I could stop and bandage it up so it looked worse than it was.

Fast forward to today, I have on order a whole BUNCH of stuff to restock my completely dried out first aid kit including:
Disinfectant wipes
alcohol wipes
triple antibiotic ointment
Benadryl
bug sting wipes
medical tape

PSA - check your first aid kits

and I had to order in bulk so now I'll have kits for each car, each camelbak and my hiking pack
2020-10-01 12:17 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Originally posted by glfprncs Little SC/GA update: 1. The weather has been stunning! 70-low 80s and low humidity. This would've been Augusta 70.3 weekend and wetsuit legal & cool. Go figure. 2. I've decided to sell my TT bike. I'm not quitting triathlon, but am really enjoying being off road. The bike has enough value that if I'm gonna sell, now is the time. 3. I also bought a MTB and she's BEAUTIFUL (my husband doesn't know yet--we keep separate finances for our fun money--but I'm a little nervous to tell him for some reason. He has always worried about me getting hurt cycling. Maybe I can argue that a tree at 8 mph will do less damage than a car at 18 mph). 4. Next week is week #4 of our 1st term at school. Almost 25% done. Happy to hear that things are improving on the west coast.

Should I not tell you that I've had more stitches/wounds from MTB-ing than road riding?  The worst led to the best quote of all time: "I've got a hole in my leg and I'm not stopping until I get to the truck!"  That was me, pedaling past my husband (he was waiting at the bottom) as I finished going down the hill after crashing nastily, leg and arm fully bleeding, sock and shoe red.  I could've laid my pinky finger in the gash in my leg.  2 internal and 4 external stitches if I recall correctly.  Of course we were in the middle of nowhere, basically, and it was about an hour drive to the doctor.

I can relate....I was pedaling in a narrow chute on Friday - Big rock on one side, drop off on the other so I leaned into the rock. The rock left a 2 inch slice in my arm. It wasn't that bad but it was deep enough that it started gushing until I could stop and bandage it up so it looked worse than it was. Fast forward to today, I have on order a whole BUNCH of stuff to restock my completely dried out first aid kit including: Disinfectant wipes alcohol wipes triple antibiotic ointment Benadryl bug sting wipes medical tape PSA - check your first aid kits and I had to order in bulk so now I'll have kits for each car, each camelbak and my hiking pack

Exercise they said. It's good for you

2020-10-01 12:48 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

I use roboform and lastpass and recently have been auditing my passwords and changing the easy ones to something ridiculous. It's only annoying on my phone when I need to enter a PW but I figure better safe than sorry.

Capital One credit card offered me free credit monitoring, and part of that program is alert of breached sites, and whenever/wherever my e-mail or SSN was exposed. It gives me the exact Web site where the breach happened, or where my e-mail appeared. The latest one was the Evitebrite or whatever that is that people use to invite kids to other kids birthday parties. Which is annoying, and after seeing that now it even had a breach with my e-mail I think next time a parent wants to send me an invite for kids' b-day party I will just ask for details in text message....

I hope none of your accounts got in trouble!
2020-10-01 12:51 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by marysia83

Capital One credit card offered me free credit monitoring, and part of that program is alert of breached sites, and whenever/wherever my e-mail or SSN was exposed. It gives me the exact Web site where the breach happened, or where my e-mail appeared. The latest one was the Evitebrite or whatever that is that people use to invite kids to other kids birthday parties. Which is annoying, and after seeing that now it even had a breach with my e-mail I think next time a parent wants to send me an invite for kids' b-day party I will just ask for details in text message.... I hope none of your accounts got in trouble!

That's a nice service! I think i'm ok as i changed all passwords to anything that was important and to some that aren't!

in reply to: cdban66

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by cdban66

I can relate....I was pedaling in a narrow chute on Friday - Big rock on one side, drop off on the other so I leaned into the rock. The rock left a 2 inch slice in my arm. It wasn't that bad but it was deep enough that it started gushing until I could stop and bandage it up so it looked worse than it was. Fast forward to today, I have on order a whole BUNCH of stuff to restock my completely dried out first aid kit including: Disinfectant wipes alcohol wipes triple antibiotic ointment Benadryl bug sting wipes medical tape PSA - check your first aid kits and I had to order in bulk so now I'll have kits for each car, each camelbak and my hiking pack

Exercise they said. It's good for you

Ahhh MTB wounds and scars... my friends are joking that the skin on my left arm and elbow should now be so thick and strong I won't need a pad.... For some reason I always fall and thorn left arm and elbow. I need to buy knee pads, though. The routes here in Colorado, are much more ...obstacle intense... than in midwest, and I should protect at least the knees.

User image

Master
Orlando

hmm, maybe i should have a first aid kit!

2020-10-01 12:57 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Proof of life and apologies for radio silence.

I have moved to Denver area few months ago, and we love it soooo much! Immediately after moving I kept inviting all myfriends and relatives to visit*, as this area is just so beautiful and full of activities.
*(with all health precausions)
So now every other weekend someone visits me, and takes so much energy out of me I don't want anymore guests.... haha at least for a month or two I am just not used to visitors, usually people visitied me for few hours, maybe twoce a year. having someone at my place for few days, and taking them for hiking trips every day is exhausting. They were also not as fit, so we either had to do very easy routes, or the hike was taking forever.
Anyways, I don't want to sound selfish, and complaining too much (as I consider myself a non-complaining and always happy person), but I truly am exhausted... and I would love to focus on training much more.

Also... Manatees are always welcomed! I can only imagine a visit of a member of this group would exhaust me in a way I actually enjoy

2020-10-01 12:57 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

I love adventure medical kits

small, cheap and it's got lots of good stuff
https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/medical-kits/adventure-first-ai...

2020-10-01 2:15 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I swear that some days I feel like I need foam padding around me a la the Michelin Man!

Clip Art Car Michelin Pillsbury Doughboy - Michelin Man Png , Free  Transparent Clipart - ClipartKey

2020-10-01 2:26 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Brooks runners -- I just ordered some closeout Ghost 12's from Running Warehouse for $99.88 (from $130).  They seemed to have a decent amount of stock.

2020-10-01 3:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by marysia83 .....I have moved to Denver area a few months ago, and we love it soo much! 

I will be moving soon.  The plant that I work at in Oklahoma announced two weeks ago that it will be closing in 6 months. My choices are to relocate to our corporate headquarters in Houston or find another job.   I considered looking for jobs into the Denver Area. My maternal grandparents lived there while I was growing up.  Grandpa passed away 4-5 years ago (and grandma when before he did) so I don't have grandparents there anymore but it is a lot closer to my in-laws in Wyoming and my three siblings in Utah.  Since Ventum Bikes relocated to Heber City, Utah last year I thought I should see if they are hiring if I wanted a change and nothing was in Colorado.  If they aren't hiring EVNE Composites is in Ogden, Utah and would be another ideal option cuz what I really need is a job that pays me to think about ways to make bikes faster all day long.  My work has transformed my twice previously in my career.  The first time was from Tulsa, OK to Marble Falls, TX.  Moving from a big metropolitan to a town of 5,000 people threw a wrench in endurance sports training. Finding new places to train, new people to train with, new races to train for etc set me back about a year.  It was like having a Corvid-19 year only it only effected me and not the people around me.  Then I was transferred back to Oklahoma to a town of 18,000 people.  I again was set back in the transition looking for places to train, people to train with, and races to train for. So...I am not looking forward to having to move but it will bring different opportunities along with the different challenges.  I should have access to a real pool after the move which would be exciting for me.  I am not sure how time, schedules, and other aspects of making a training plan will be affected but that is all part of the adjustments.   

Edited by BlueBoy26 2020-10-01 3:15 PM
2020-10-01 3:13 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Originally posted by marysia83 .....I have moved to Denver area a few months ago, and we love it soo much! 

I will be moving soon.  The plant that I work out in Oklahoma announced two weeks ago that it will be closing in 6 months. So my choices are to relocate to our Corporate headquarters in Houston or find another job.   I considered looking into the Denver. My maternal grandparents lived there while I was going up.  Grandpa passed away 4-5 years ago (and grandma when before he did) so I don't have grandparents there anymore but it is a lot closer to my in-laws in Wyoming and my three siblings in Utah.  Since Ventum Bikes relocated to Heber City, Utah I thought I should see if they are Hiring.  If they aren't EVNE Composites in Ogden, Utah would be another option cuz what I really need is a job that pays me to thing about Eway to make bikes faster all day long.  My work has transformed my twice previously in my career.  The first time was from Tulsa, OK to Marble Falls, TX.  Moving from a big metropolitan to a town of 5,000 people threw a wrench in endurance sports training. Finding new places to train, new people to train with, new races to train for etc took set me back quite a bit.  It was like having a Corvid-19 year only it only effected me and not the people around me.  Then I was transferred back to Oklahoma to a town of 18,000 people.  I again was set back in the transition looking for places to train, people to train with, and races to train for. So...I am not looking forward to having to move but it will bring different opportunities along with the different challenges.  I should have access to a real pool which would be exciting for me. 

Best of luck to you!

2020-10-01 6:28 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by marysia83

Proof of life and apologies for radio silence.

I have moved to Denver area few months ago, and we love it soooo much! Immediately after moving I kept inviting all myfriends and relatives to visit*, as this area is just so beautiful and full of activities.
*(with all health precausions)
So now every other weekend someone visits me, and takes so much energy out of me I don't want anymore guests.... haha at least for a month or two I am just not used to visitors, usually people visitied me for few hours, maybe twoce a year. having someone at my place for few days, and taking them for hiking trips every day is exhausting. They were also not as fit, so we either had to do very easy routes, or the hike was taking forever.
Anyways, I don't want to sound selfish, and complaining too much (as I consider myself a non-complaining and always happy person), but I truly am exhausted... and I would love to focus on training much more.

Also... Manatees are always welcomed! I can only imagine a visit of a member of this group would exhaust me in a way I actually enjoy

Living someplace people want to visit can be a lifestyle game changer. Except for this year, people would literally call and make reservations and request a room. Literally like we are a hotel. We have gotten really good at it and became comfortable with ground rules and more accepting of allowing our guests to buy/make some meals (that was really tough for Michelle, because food is love and so she would plan these elaborate meals and snacks). Of course our tourist/guest season lasts 90 days. I have learned to work out around activities, but it definitely limits things. We usually have a lot of fun, but it is exhausting to have people every weekend.
2020-10-02 8:39 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

I will be moving soon.  The plant that I work at in Oklahoma announced two weeks ago that it will be closing in 6 months. My choices are to relocate to our corporate headquarters in Houston or find another job.   I considered looking for jobs into the Denver Area. My maternal grandparents lived there while I was growing up.  Grandpa passed away 4-5 years ago (and grandma when before he did) so I don't have grandparents there anymore but it is a lot closer to my in-laws in Wyoming and my three siblings in Utah.  Since Ventum Bikes relocated to Heber City, Utah last year I thought I should see if they are hiring if I wanted a change and nothing was in Colorado.  If they aren't hiring EVNE Composites is in Ogden, Utah and would be another ideal option cuz what I really need is a job that pays me to think about ways to make bikes faster all day long.  My work has transformed my twice previously in my career.  The first time was from Tulsa, OK to Marble Falls, TX.  Moving from a big metropolitan to a town of 5,000 people threw a wrench in endurance sports training. Finding new places to train, new people to train with, new races to train for etc set me back about a year.  It was like having a Corvid-19 year only it only effected me and not the people around me.  Then I was transferred back to Oklahoma to a town of 18,000 people.  I again was set back in the transition looking for places to train, people to train with, and races to train for. So...I am not looking forward to having to move but it will bring different opportunities along with the different challenges.  I should have access to a real pool after the move which would be exciting for me.  I am not sure how time, schedules, and other aspects of making a training plan will be affected but that is all part of the adjustments.   

Sorry about all the relocation aspects, but I like your attitude of looking at it as new opportunities. And it is very interesting how you address the possible challenges. With Colorado at least you should not have a problem finding people to train. And places to train.
Seems like you have a rich history of moving and relocating, wow!
Remind me - you used to chicken breeding, with some absolutely beautiful chickens - do you still do that? I am not sure how chicken farming looks like in CO, but a friend of mine met a lady who was ordering fancy rosters for her female chickens, so I bet it's doable
2020-10-02 8:44 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by jmkizer

Brooks runners -- I just ordered some closeout Ghost 12's from Running Warehouse for $99.88 (from $130).  They seemed to have a decent amount of stock.

I got a pair of 13s and I love them more than my 12s Guess they're getting more money outta me. again :D
2020-10-02 8:49 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

I got a pair of 13s and I love them more than my 12s Guess they're getting more money outta me. again :D

Oh man, I had to move out of the Ghost's when they changed the toe box in the 13s, so now I'm back in the Glycerines. I had moved from them to the Ghosts when the glycerines changed its toe boxes. I think I've gotten whiplash with all the changes! I also use NB 880s. but reserve them for shorter runs since they aren't as cushy! 

ETA: of course the glycerines are not on sale 

Edited by amd723 2020-10-02 8:50 AM
2020-10-02 4:00 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Good to know.  For I think the first time ever, I felt I needed to break in my 12s.  As in I'd get weird shin pain (most common complaint) or my feet would fall asleep in a relatively short amount of time.  I'd have to keep stopping to stretch out my calves.  And this is while in a consistent run cycle, not like I was starting again after stopping.  After a lot of short runs in the 12s, I would finally be OK to wear them longer.  Never had that problem with Ghosts before.

2020-10-02 4:04 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

My snafu caused me to purchase various kits and/or supplies for car/bike/whatever.  Never a bad idea to be prepared!

2020-10-03 8:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
I ran an unofficial half marathon today. A group that operates like a park run has been doing shorter runs, mostly Saturday morning 5k's. They decided to put together a half marathon. No official start. No official timer. You could walk, run or ride a bike. A couple of aid stations with water and licorice. It started at a (the) local yoga studio with a 10 minute warm up stretch. The run itself was mostly on a bike path. The course did have a couple of serious hills, including a really steep one going into the last mile. I'm not sad with my time. According to my Garmin I had my second faster half and I was sub 8 minutes on the last mile. Definitely a fun change of pace.
2020-10-04 9:38 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarellaI ran an unofficial half marathon today. A group that operates like a park run has been doing shorter runs, mostly Saturday morning 5k's. They decided to put together a half marathon. No official start. No official timer. You could walk, run or ride a bike. A couple of aid stations with water and licorice. It started at a (the) local yoga studio with a 10 minute warm up stretch. The run itself was mostly on a bike path. The course did have a couple of serious hills, including a really steep one going into the last mile. I'm not sad with my time. According to my Garmin I had my second faster half and I was sub 8 minutes on the last mile. Definitely a fun change of pace.
Good job! steep hills in the last mile are mean! I wish there were "parkrun" events around
2020-10-05 9:04 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella I ran an unofficial half marathon today. A group that operates like a park run has been doing shorter runs, mostly Saturday morning 5k's. They decided to put together a half marathon. No official start. No official timer. You could walk, run or ride a bike. A couple of aid stations with water and licorice. It started at a (the) local yoga studio with a 10 minute warm up stretch. The run itself was mostly on a bike path. The course did have a couple of serious hills, including a really steep one going into the last mile. I'm not sad with my time. According to my Garmin I had my second faster half and I was sub 8 minutes on the last mile. Definitely a fun change of pace.
Nice work!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 127