BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-11-17 12:39 PM
in reply to: lisac957

Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!
Originally posted by lisac957

Hello friends, I wanted to share that I'm officially cancer free today after my 6-month follow up scans this morning. I feel like this year has been it's own "race" or sorts, health-wise for me, and I've come to a 'mile marker' at long last. This is your reminder to schedule your screenings 

Excellent news Lisa!!!! So glad to hear this.

2021-11-17 1:03 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Hello friends, I wanted to share that I'm officially cancer free today after my 6-month follow up scans this morning. I feel like this year has been it's own "race" or sorts, health-wise for me, and I've come to a 'mile marker' at long last. This is your reminder to schedule your screenings 

Glad to hear this! 

2021-11-17 2:17 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Excellent news, hooray and congratulations!!

2021-11-17 3:39 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Ohhhhh I am so happy for you!!!!!
2021-11-17 8:36 PM

User image

Expert

Great news to hear. I'm happy you won this fight.
2021-11-18 12:28 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

This is so beyond fantastic. This news literally made my day.CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

2021-11-19 7:42 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hands!

I found a race for you between your HIM and full IM!

The first-ever Gravel National Championships will be held June 3 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, joining the rapidly growing trend of gravel-related events springing up around the country. Gravel and mountain-biking haven, Fayetteville, will also host the Off-Road National Championships on June 4. Both events will be held in conjunction with the Ozark Valley Triathlon. To learn more about Fayetteville, visit Experience Fayetteville.

2021-11-19 8:06 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Hands!

The first-ever Gravel National Championships will be held June 3 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, joining the rapidly growing trend of gravel-related events springing up around the country. Gravel and mountain-biking haven, Fayetteville, will also host the Off-Road National Championships on June 4. Both events will be held in conjunction with the Ozark Valley Triathlon. To learn more about Fayetteville, visit Experience Fayetteville.

haha, I think if anyone should go to the Gravel National Championships it is you! 

I will be heading to Glacier National Park the end of June to run a HM, so that will have to suffice !  I imagine i will also try to do the CNC Mountain Ride again. Hoping it heads back to Bryson City so I get free lodging

Someone tried to get me to sign up to do this gravel event, but with this description, I passed (plus i can't be gone thenThe Waucheesi Bike Race is wickedly sweet and includes two racing distances: the Wily 88 and the Wondrous 63, crafted by Chris Joice. Make no mistake, this race is just as challenging as it is beautiful. Cherohala Skyway, Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests provide all the goods—long climbs, fast descents, great forest roads, rowdy gravel, and amazing vistas. If you dare to try the 88-mile option, you’re looking at a stout 11,500+ feet of climbing, while the 63-mile course is no joke, with 8,800+ feet. Both routes include the Basin Gap and North River Road climbs, while the 88-mile course adds a spectacular climb to Farr Gap.

2021-11-19 8:19 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Hands!

haha, I think if anyone should go to the Gravel National Championships it is you! 

I will be heading to Glacier National Park the end of June to run a HM, so that will have to suffice !  I imagine i will also try to do the CNC Mountain Ride again. Hoping it heads back to Bryson City so I get free lodging

Someone tried to get me to sign up to do this gravel event, but with this description, I passed (plus i can't be gone thenThe Waucheesi Bike Race is wickedly sweet and includes two racing distances: the Wily 88 and the Wondrous 63, crafted by Chris Joice. Make no mistake, this race is just as challenging as it is beautiful. Cherohala Skyway, Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests provide all the goods—long climbs, fast descents, great forest roads, rowdy gravel, and amazing vistas. If you dare to try the 88-mile option, you’re looking at a stout 11,500+ feet of climbing, while the 63-mile course is no joke, with 8,800+ feet. Both routes include the Basin Gap and North River Road climbs, while the 88-mile course adds a spectacular climb to Farr Gap.

Typically, a triathlon involves swimming so I would not be a good candidate for the USAT Gravel National Championships.

Regarding the Waucheesi -- it looks like it starts with a 10-mile --2,868 foot climb at 5.6%. Did Susan volunteer to ride it with you? (see how I right away blamed Susan!)

2021-11-19 8:26 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hands!

Typically, a triathlon involves swimming so I would not be a good candidate for the USAT Gravel National Championships.

Regarding the Waucheesi -- it looks like it starts with a 10-mile --2,868 foot climb at 5.6%. Did Susan volunteer to ride it with you? (see how I right away blamed Susan!)

Well, you've done as much swimming as I, so I figured with all your cycling you'd be much better positioned! She did not volunteer to ride it with me rather she insisted she was just trying to help me prepare for Choo . I told her that killing me wouldn't be that much help, though I'm sure at some point during Choo I will wish for that death..

2021-11-19 8:35 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hands!

Well, you've done as much swimming as I, so I figured with all your cycling you'd be much better positioned! She did not volunteer to ride it with me rather she insisted she was just trying to help me prepare for Choo . I told her that killing me wouldn't be that much help, though I'm sure at some point during Choo I will wish for that death..

At least when I suggested the Assault to you, I told you that I didn't want you to hate me -- and I'd already registered myself!

2021-11-19 8:52 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hands!

At least when I suggested the Assault to you, I told you that I didn't want you to hate me -- and I'd already registered myself!

If i could make that weekend work I would love to do the Assault!  But, since i'm probably up there the following weekend for a HM it is not doable I will probably talk to Coach Parry and see which would be better for training. All subject to cabin availability of course! 

2021-11-19 1:58 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21
No know racers this week.

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?  Who here is doing a Turkey Trot next week?

2021-11-19 3:59 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?  Who here is doing a Turkey Trot next week?

ive thought about doing a 10 mile race t-giving, but think I’ll just run  without the race.

2021-11-20 4:01 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

ive thought about doing a 10 mile race t-giving, but think I’ll just run  without the race.

Ibwas going to walk a mile of on in Charlotte before meeting family for dinner. Now i am having my hip replaced on Wednesday. I think I'll stay home instead.
2021-11-20 4:44 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

Ibwas going to walk a mile of on in Charlotte before meeting family for dinner. Now i am having my hip replaced on Wednesday. I think I'll stay home instead.

Wow! Big news! I'm glad you were able to get the surgery scheduled.

2021-11-20 5:24 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

Wow! Big news! I'm glad you were able to get the surgery scheduled.

Yes, that's great news! I know that you were hoping to get it scheduled this year.

2021-11-22 3:32 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

Wait, what?!  Hip replacement?!  Wow!  Definitely no turkey trots for you.

2021-11-22 6:38 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Racing Manatees!!!

November 20-21

Wait, what?!  Hip replacement?!  Wow!  Definitely no turkey trots for you.

Yep. Hip, back, soon to be semi bionic and on to races this year. Knocking on all wood
2021-11-23 7:31 PM

User image

Expert
I have a Turkey Trot on Turkey Day. The Associated Charities Turkey Trot
2021-11-23 9:28 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I am doing my own Turkey Trot. Planning to trot ten miles or so in an area where there are almost always some wild turkeys afoot. Then go home and eat some later. Friday, our bike club has a turkey-spotting ride. You try to find the biggest flock you can and get a picture before they run away--something like that. Saturday, master's swim plus Covid booster. One way or another, I will have at least one sore arm and probably two by Sunday. (The guy who coaches the Saturday workouts seems to think we are pros--we did 5K yards last week!)

2021-11-24 10:01 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot RunnerI am doing my own Turkey Trot. Planning to trot ten miles or so in an area where there are almost always some wild turkeys afoot. Then go home and eat some later. Friday, our bike club has a turkey-spotting ride. You try to find the biggest flock you can and get a picture before they run away--something like that. Saturday, master's swim plus Covid booster. One way or another, I will have at least one sore arm and probably two by Sunday. (The guy who coaches the Saturday workouts seems to think we are pros--we did 5K yards last week!)
that all sounds fun! Even the sore arms
2021-11-24 10:40 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
DRIVE BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
2021-11-24 10:54 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner I am doing my own Turkey Trot. Planning to trot ten miles or so in an area where there are almost always some wild turkeys afoot. Then go home and eat some later. Friday, our bike club has a turkey-spotting ride. You try to find the biggest flock you can and get a picture before they run away--something like that. Saturday, master's swim plus Covid booster. One way or another, I will have at least one sore arm and probably two by Sunday. (The guy who coaches the Saturday workouts seems to think we are pros--we did 5K yards last week!)

Fun!

2021-11-24 10:57 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot RunnerI am doing my own Turkey Trot. Planning to trot ten miles or so in an area where there are almost always some wild turkeys afoot. Then go home and eat some later. Friday, our bike club has a turkey-spotting ride. You try to find the biggest flock you can and get a picture before they run away--something like that. Saturday, master's swim plus Covid booster. One way or another, I will have at least one sore arm and probably two by Sunday. (The guy who coaches the Saturday workouts seems to think we are pros--we did 5K yards last week!)
that all sounds fun! Even the sore arms

Let us know how things are post-surgery.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74