Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-11-24 10:58 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk DRIVE BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Yep, Happy t-giving to all the US manatees.

2021-11-25 9:46 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk DRIVE BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Yep, Happy t-giving to all the US manatees.

Happy Thanksgiving, Manatees!!
2021-11-25 9:48 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member
My surgery went well. I was home the same day and walking a bit. Today so far, things are going well. I was getting all geared up to do more. My surgeon must have read my mind, he called and strongly advised to NOT DO TOO MUCH. I will do my hourly (ir thereabouts) walk and practice stairs. Then ice, elevate and nap.
2021-11-25 10:05 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh My surgery went well. I was home the same day and walking a bit. Today so far, things are going well. I was getting all geared up to do more. My surgeon must have read my mind, he called and strongly advised to NOT DO TOO MUCH. I will do my hourly (ir thereabouts) walk and practice stairs. Then ice, elevate and nap.

I'm so glad that the surgery is behind you.  Listen to your doctor, if you trust him enough to let him operate on you, trust him enough to listen to him for the recovery part as well.  {{hugs}}

2021-11-25 10:05 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Happy Thanksgiving!

2021-11-25 11:08 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by ceilidh My surgery went well. I was home the same day and walking a bit. Today so far, things are going well. I was getting all geared up to do more. My surgeon must have read my mind, he called and strongly advised to NOT DO TOO MUCH. I will do my hourly (ir thereabouts) walk and practice stairs. Then ice, elevate and nap.

I'm so glad that the surgery is behind you.  Listen to your doctor, if you trust him enough to let him operate on you, trust him enough to listen to him for the recovery part as well.  {{hugs}}

What she said!!

2021-11-25 6:53 PM
in reply to: #5273965

Happy turkey day to all the Manatees!!!!
2021-11-28 3:08 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Hope everyone who celebrate had great celebrations.
2021-11-28 8:37 PM

User image

Expert

What she said!!

What they said
2021-11-29 8:39 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.  Enjoy your Cyber Monday shopping.

2021-11-29 9:11 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarella

What she said!!

What they said
Happy Monday. My surgery recovery is going really well. I can walk un assisted and go up and down stairs. Though very slowly and very carefully. The pain is manageable by tylenol only so onward and upward. Within reason and doctors orders

2021-11-29 9:13 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

What she said!!

What they said
Happy Monday. My surgery recovery is going really well. I can walk un assisted and go up and down stairs. Though very slowly and very carefully. The pain is manageable by tylenol only so onward and upward. Within reason and doctors orders

glad to hear it!

2021-11-29 9:17 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

What she said!!

What they said

Great news!

2021-11-30 5:10 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

What she said!!

What they said

Backing off the pain meds is huge, sounds like things are going well!
2021-11-30 2:47 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Thank heavens he got into your brain to keep you grounded a bit more.  Heal well, heal fully, heal quickly!

2021-11-30 3:16 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Hands!

I found a race for you between your HIM and full IM!

The first-ever Gravel National Championships will be held June 3 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, joining the rapidly growing trend of gravel-related events springing up around the country. Gravel and mountain-biking haven, Fayetteville, will also host the Off-Road National Championships on June 4. Both events will be held in conjunction with the Ozark Valley Triathlon. To learn more about Fayetteville, visit Experience Fayetteville.

I have done some races there.  It used to be close to me.  :-)  I have never done the Ozark Valley Triathlon but did the Trifest for MS there and it was a pretty area.

2021-12-02 2:21 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Hey there fine Manatees! I need information, please. I have no idea how to do a pool-swim triathlon. Can you all explain it to me like I am the idiot I am?
2021-12-02 3:01 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh Hey there fine Manatees! I need information, please. I have no idea how to do a pool-swim triathlon. Can you all explain it to me like I am the idiot I am?

I've never actually done a triathlon with a pool swim.  I think that sometimes the zig-zag across the lanes. So start in lane 1, at the end go to lane 2, then at the next turn go to lane 3, etc.  You'll need to check the event/course description.

2021-12-02 3:21 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh Hey there fine Manatees! I need information, please. I have no idea how to do a pool-swim triathlon. Can you all explain it to me like I am the idiot I am?

I've never actually done a triathlon with a pool swim.  I think that sometimes the zig-zag across the lanes. So start in lane 1, at the end go to lane 2, then at the next turn go to lane 3, etc.  You'll need to check the event/course description.

I've not done one either, but my understanding of the swim is similar to Janyne's. Then there is this from triathlete magazine:  Here’s how pool tris typically work: When registering, you give a projected swim time for the distance and are seeded accordingly. The races use a time-trial start, where the fastest swimmers start first with an interval (about 10 seconds) between athletes. Then athletes usually split lanes or serpentine the pool (snake back and forth the entire width) until you hop out to transition ...

BTW, did you bury the lead? Are you doing a race???

2021-12-03 6:03 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I've not done one either, but my understanding of the swim is similar to Janyne's. Then there is this from triathlete magazine:  Here’s how pool tris typically work: When registering, you give a projected swim time for the distance and are seeded accordingly. The races use a time-trial start, where the fastest swimmers start first with an interval (about 10 seconds) between athletes. Then athletes usually split lanes or serpentine the pool (snake back and forth the entire width) until you hop out to transition ...

I am looking at one that is local - hendersonville triathlon- that needs some support. I have never done a pool tri. It seems chaotic to me. Though, i am usuall the last, or close to it, in every triathlon I have done. The chaos may be thinned out by the time Ingernin the pool.
2021-12-03 6:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I am looking at one that is local - hendersonville triathlon- that needs some support. I have never done a pool tri. It seems chaotic to me. Though, i am usuall the last, or close to it, in every triathlon I have done. The chaos may be thinned out by the time Ingernin the pool.

I had to hunt to find the courses in the organizer's website but my sleuthing paid off!  (as an aside, the Asheville tri has a 50m swim!  No, I am not missing a zero!)

This event sounds like it has a zig zag pattern in the pool.

Swim

The Patton Park pool is a pristine, 50 meter pool, HEATED 8 lane pool, located in Hendersonville and operated by the YMCA of Western North Carolina. Swimmers will be socially distanced at the start by having a pre-assigned wave start based on their swim time submitted during registration. There will be a limited number of participants allowed on the swim deck at one time based on event gathering restrictions in North Carolina on event day. Participants will be socially distanced by six feet while standing in line around the pool. Swimmers start by jumping into the deep section of the pool, swimming down the first lane, then under the swim lane into the next lane. They will continue to swim down each lane in one direction by zig-zagging through the pool. Swimmers will exit on the opposite side of the pool to run out to transition. We expect swimmers to start with a large enough gap of time so that there is no contact between swimmers.

Pool "route" here - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33657452

2021-12-03 6:49 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I had to hunt to find the courses in the organizer's website but my sleuthing paid off!  (as an aside, the Asheville tri has a 50m swim!  No, I am not missing a zero!)

Swim

The Patton Park pool is a pristine, 50 meter pool, HEATED 8 lane pool, located in Hendersonville and operated by the YMCA of Western North Carolina. Swimmers will be socially distanced at the start by having a pre-assigned wave start based on their swim time submitted during registration. There will be a limited number of participants allowed on the swim deck at one time based on event gathering restrictions in North Carolina on event day. Participants will be socially distanced by six feet while standing in line around the pool. Swimmers start by jumping into the deep section of the pool, swimming down the first lane, then under the swim lane into the next lane. They will continue to swim down each lane in one direction by zig-zagging through the pool. Swimmers will exit on the opposite side of the pool to run out to transition. We expect swimmers to start with a large enough gap of time so that there is no contact between swimmers.

Jan... for the win!

2021-12-03 7:10 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Swim

Jan... for the win!

As usual, Janyne comes through. If anyone has actually done one, i would love to hear how it goes in real life.
2021-12-03 7:58 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Good Morning y'all. I figured I finally had a few minutes so I should check in and prove that I am still amongst you. I have no input for you, Robin, zero pool swim races in my tri life.

I hope everyone is well and that you all spend a few minutes with the people in your lives that truly matter to you. It is important to do so! Give yourselves a hug from me as well. Hopefully at some point next year my life returns to some semblance of normalcy.

Edited by cdban66 2021-12-03 7:59 AM
2021-12-03 9:19 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I've done a pool zig zag swim before - yes it is a bit chaotic! Here's a good visual explainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-KoRzONXP0

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74