General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman Florida Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Ironman Florida - TriathlonFull Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Panama City Beach, Florida
United States
42F / 6C
Total Time = 13h 25m 32s
Overall Rank = 1408/2192
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 301/409
Pre-race routine:

We drove down to Panama City Beach on Wednesday afternoon and arrived
in our condo (Gulf Crest - great location about .4 miles (10-15min walk) down the road/beach and cheaper than the Boardwalk) about 8:00PM. That night was just getting
unpacked and going to bed. Thursday morning, I woke up early to head
down to the swim practice on the race course to try out this ocean
swimming thing. It was chilly out but not much wind and the water was
about 71 degrees so it felt good compared to the air temperature. The
gulf was perfect - really no waves to speak of and parts were crystal
clear. I decided to just do a short swim to save my energy for
Saturday so just swam out to the second buoy (of 4) and cut across to
the return buoys and followed them back in - about 20min of swimming.
On the way back in I got a little freaked out after a close encounter
with a jelly fish. Needless to say, my pace picked up on the way back in to shore.
After the swim, headed back to the condo, showered and changed and then
went back to the Ironman Village at the host hotel to get checked in
and pick up all my race supplies (numbers, transition bags, etc...) and
do a little Ironman gear shopping at the expo. This was a crazy place.
Long lines and lots of confusion about where you were supposed to go.
After waiting in line for a while, Jan and the girls came over and went
to a station where family and friends can make signs for participants
that get put out on the course. They made some pretty cool ones that I
did get to see while I was out running and it was a nice touch. Once
we finally got done there, we headed back toward the condo, stopped for
lunch and then just chilled out for a while.

That night I went to the athletes banquet which was pretty inspiring.
The oldest participant was 76 years young (and he was diagnosed with
cancer in 1996 and told he had 2 months to live - said he thought his
exercise through triathlons helped get him through chemo and save his
life). The youngest were 19 years old. The person who lost the most
weight while they were training was a 36 yr old guy who lost 140 lbs in
the last year (the distance in miles of this race) - an amazing story.
After a long night listening to these stories I was ready to go home
and do the race. But, there was one more day. Dad had gotten into
town while I was gone and did dinner with Jan and the girls.

On Friday, I woke up and did a very short bike ride followed by a run.
The winds had picked up dramatically and the temps had dropped. It was
freezing cold and the wind was blowing me and my bike all over the road.
After the brief bike check and leg check, I went out with Jan, the
girls and Dad and got some lunch and last minute shopping in. Then
went back to take the bike and gear and get it checked in. I was
cutting the 3:00 deadline pretty close and sure enough halfway to the
transition area, realized, I hadn't put any of the numbers on my bike
or helmet! I rode the bike back to the condo in a rush and got the
stickers. Dad took the transition bags for me and I caught back up
with him. Got the stuff checked in and headed back to start the
countdown to the start of the race. This was probably one of the most stressful times of the whole week. Having to make sure you've got everything in those bags and then handing them over was killing me - constant thoughts of am I remembering everything. I would highly recommend the full transition run through with all the gear in the bags - do all the clothes changes and everything. I think that would have given me more peace of mind.

Mike and Cari plus Ami, Drew and Nathan got into town Friday afternoon, too. So, we all had a spaghetti dinner and I had a beer to help me get to bed early. Ended up in bed by 8:30 and listened to some music for a bit and was probably asleep by 9:00. Amazingly I slept great!

Event warmup:

I woke up at 4:00AM, had some toast and then headed down to the transition area to get body-marked and get prepared. I got to the transition area right at 5AM and there were no lines to get body-marked. Also had to take my sunglasses and race number to put them in my transition bag as well. I didn't bring my bike pump and borrowed someone's who had brought their personal early on to pump up the tires. Was glad I did because later I heard Mike Reilly saying there were lines to get help from the techs who had pumps. It was freezing cold - wind chill in the high 30s. The wind was blowing heavy (gusts in the 20mph range) and the waves that hadn't existed all week were up in the gulf. So much that you could see whitecaps in the ones further offshore. I was shaking from the cold, so ducked into the Boardwalk Condos lobby and found a corner to sit in and think about the day that was about to begin.

My cheering crew (Jan, Anna, Katie, Dad, Mike, Cari, Ami, Drew, Nathan) met me in the lobby at 6:15AM for some last minute hugs and pictures. The kids were amazed by my wetsuit and puzzled by why I had to wear a swim cap since I have no hair to speak of. Jan had made t-shirts for the crew which were very cool. It definitely helped to find them in the crowds during the race. At about 6:40 I headed down to the beach for the swim. It was an amazing feeling standing there in the middle of 2,200 people who were all about to jump on top of each other in the water when the gun went off. Definitely a little emotional thinking about all the time I've been focusing on this for the last 12 months (and even more-so the last 20 weeks) and the reason I was doing this - my Mom.

Warm up? We don't need no stinkin' warm-up!!!

  • 1h 12m 39s
  • 4156 yards
  • 01m 45s / 100 yards

The pros started about 10min before we did so it was fun to watch them go out first and see how they approached things. Once they were gone, the mood on the beach changed as people realized this was about to start. That was when the butterflies really set in for me. Promptly at 7:00AM, the gun went off for my race. It was a mad dash for all 2,200 people running into the ocean for the swim at the same time. The course went straight out from the beach along a series of buoys. At the last buoy you turned left and then at the next buoy you reached, you turned left again and followed another series of buoys into the shore - a rectangle. When you got to the shore, you ran onto the beach and down a little ways and then jumped back into the water to do the course one more time.

I tried to position myself about halfway back in the pack and halfway down the beach to the outside of the buoys. The plan was to swim toward the outside and take the turn at the end buoy wide to avoid the traffic jam that happens there when 2,200 people try to make a left turn in a 5yd lane. The plan didn't work. I misjudged the current and ended up inside the buoys (inside the rectangle). That was great once I got free of the crowd toward the end of the first straightaway, but got bad when I had to turn left at the buoy. There was a LOT of contact out there. I must have had at least 100 people stick their hands in my feet, hit me, or try to swim over my back. Fortunately, I never had contact in the head, never got the goggles knocked loose, and my defensive swimming (karate kicks and elbows for people who tried to swim on top of me) worked. The waves were challenging. Especially so as we turned and went across out at the top of the rectangle. It was difficult to sight because the waves were tall enough that you couldn't see over them to see the buoy you were trying to swim to and the sun was directly in your eyes on that length so you were essentially swimming blind. Once I got on the straightaway back to the beach I was able find some space and then find someone to draft off of and get into a nice rhythm. As I got close to the beach, the water was extremely clear and it looked like I was close enough to touch the bottom. I tried to stand up but wasn't even close to touching. When I kicked my legs out to stand up and didn't hit the ground, my hamstring knotted up big time. Oh no. If I was cramping now, was I going to have to deal with this all day???? I had to run down the beach without bending my legs so they wouldn't cramp again, jumped back in the water after getting a quick sip of freshwater to rinse the saltwater out of my mouth, and jumped back in for lap 2. The first lap was 36min - about as good as I could have expected. My heart rate was in the low 170s as I ran across the beach but I knew it spiked when I got out of the water, so was ok with that.

I swam the first half of the next loop without my legs so I wouldn't cramp up and then they started feeling better and I began kicking again. The traffic wasn't as heavy on this lap, so the biggest problems I had were with people who couldn't site and were swimming diagonal or sideways and going off course. I would just let them pass (if they wanted to swim to Alabama, that's ok with me - helps my finishing stats). The waves seemed even worse on the second lap, but the reduced traffic helped to deal with them. On the home stretch back to the beach, I was swimming along nicely with no one around me (the current had pushed me to the outside, but I was ok with that since I was able to get some rhythm again) and bam - all of a sudden my nose was on fire. A few seconds later, my forehead had the same thing. Something had gotten/stung me. Not sure what, but whatever it was subsided by the time I got out of the water and to transition. I also had to dodge another big jellyfish on the way in - very close call.

Got out of the water and took the wetsuit half off as I ran up the beach. At the Ironman events, they have "peelers" on the beach to help you get your wetsuit off, so when I reached them, I laid down on my back, put my feet in the air and then some girl struggled for what seemed like 5min but was probably about 5 seconds to actually pull the wetsuit off over my feet. Mission accomplished I grabbed the wetsuit from her and ran to get my gear bag and head into the transition tent.

The bonus was when my Dad told me after the race that I got out of the water shortly after one of the pros - and they had a 10min head start on me.

Overall, really happy with the final time.
What would you do differently?:

Happy with everything except where I started laterally on the beach. Next time, I would go farther outside, but stay at the same depth of people. That should allow you to swim straight up the outside of the bouys and take the turn wide.
Transition 1
  • 11m 33s

The transition tent was CRAZY. It wasn't that big and was overfilled with guys trying to put on the stuff they were wearing for the bike ride. You could barely move in there let alone find a place to sit down to put socks on. I didn't rush it too much, finally found a chair, put my jersey, shoes and helmet on and then went out the door.

What would you do differently?:

Maybe wear a tri jersey so I didn't have to put the shirt on, otherwise, nada.
  • 6h 32m 46s
  • 112 miles
  • 17.11 mile/hr

Because I participated in the Janus Charity Challenge, I got a great transition spot (at least I think that's why I got it) - right near the transition exit just behind the pros. Found the bike and got out of transition, jumped on and was off for 112miles. The course starts by following the road down the beach, then takes a bridge over the bay and out into the country for one big loop. Very quickly, I realized this was going to be a challenging ride. Combine a wind chill in the 30s, with limited clothing (didn't realize it was going to be that cold), and moving along at 13-21mph and it is FREEZING. For the first 50miles we rode straight into a headwind. On roads that with a normal day I might ride between 18-21mph, I was riding 13-17mph. Mentally, this was pretty challenging because I don't know if or when it might end - the wind that is. At one point I was having some comfort issues in the promised land and thought if I adjusted I'd be ok. I hadn't had any comfort issues in training. When I reached down to make an adjustment, I realized that my man was frozen. Never had that happen before - very weird.

The plan was to keep my HR in the 140s as much as possible so that I wouldn't have any issues eating half a clif bar and one pack of GU each hour (not to mention I had to save some in the tank for the marathon I was going to have to run). I was drinking pretty liberally (alternating water and Gatorade) but not too much and taking endurolytes for sodium and electrolyte replacement about one an hour. I carried my own Clif Bars since they were serving powerbars on course. I also carried my own GU even though they were serving GU too. Wanted to make sure I had a flavor I liked - Banana Blitz.

To stick to the plan I had to keep the speeds down. The bike course was pretty crowded. In Ironman races, you're not allowed to draft behind other riders on the bike. It is supposed to be solely up to your abilities with no outside advantages. There are marshals that patrol the course to enforce the drafting rules. There were many times when it was tough to make sure you weren't doing something illegal purely because of the congestion on the course. If the marshal catches you you've got to pull over in one of the penalty tents to serve your time penalty. I had heard about rampant drafting in this race but am happy to report I didn't see that much of it.

I started realizing I must have had a pretty decent swim about 20miles out on the bike. Hundreds of people were passing me. Since I know I'm not the world's strongest rider, I took it as a moral victory that I crushed these shaved leg guys with $5,000-$10,000 bikes in the swim. Special needs was at mile 48 on this race. I had put an extra tire, CO2 and a clif bar in this bag. Didn't need it so was able to ride right through it.

When we hit mile 50 we made a right turn that was the best right turn I've ever made in my entire life! Out of the headwind and on a very slight downhill. All of a sudden I went from 13-16mph to 21+mph while still keeping the heart rate in the 140s. I could also hear things now since the headwind wasn't screaming in my ears - and realized that my front brakes had been rubbing the tire for the whole first 50miles. Couldn't believe I had been fighting my own brakes out there in addition to the wind. Rather than getting off the bike to adjust the brakes, I just flipped them off so that they weren't touching the tire (figured I wouldn't need them anyway). As we got to probably mile 60-70, the condition of the roads deteriorated, so it was a bit of a bumpy ride. However, the traffic congestion died down as people started to spread out, so I'll take it. There were still pockets of wind but nothing like the first 50 miles. The aid stations on the bike course were great. They were spaced well - about every 10-12 miles - and had everything you could need, including port-a-potty's. I only had to stop once on the bike. Not a ton of spectators on the bike course but enough spread out to keep it interesting. Several were hopping from spot to spot and was able to see them several times.

I was getting questions from people on the bike course about my race number. It was green but everyone one else was orange. People kept asking me what the green meant. I hadn't even realized it was green and for the first few people told them I didn't know. Then I got tired of people asking me so I started telling them it meant I was a pro - got some funny looks, it was pretty entertaining.

During the last 20miles of the bike, I actually started passing a few people back, so that felt good. On this course, you go back over the bridge into Panama City Beach around mile 100 and ride for a few miles before you get back on the beach road. That's when the wind kicked back in full force. As we hit the beach road it felt like riding in a wind tunnel. Unfortunately, that's where my ego got me a little bit. I started seeing people in my age group and realizing that passing them would help my position in the age group bike standings, so rode a little harder than I should have for the last 5-6 miles. Also was passing any 50 and 60 yr olds I saw no matter how hard I had to pedal so that my Dad and brother wouldn't give me grief about seeing them jump off their bikes ahead of me!

All in all a very good bike considering the conditions. Stuck to the heart rate and nutrition plan and felt pretty good getting off the bike. Had a goal of 16mph and averaged over 17 while staying in the zone. Makes me wonder how much time I could have shaved off if the day hadn't been so windy...
What would you do differently?:

In hindsight, I should have brought more gear with me down to Florida. You've really got to be prepared for anything weather wise and I wasn't.
Transition 2
  • 07m 55s

Didn't quite know how I'd feel as I got off the bike. My longest training ride was 100 miles and I only did that once. Amazingly, I felt great! As I went into the transition area, I was able to jog to pick up my run gear bag and noticed several others who were looking pretty gimpy. The transition tent was much better this time - not as crowded. A volunteer, helped me dump everything out of my bag and pack the old bike stuff back in it. As I left the tent another volunteer put sunscreen on me as I was starting the run.
What would you do differently?:

  • 5h 20m 41s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 14s  min/mile

I couldn't believe how good I felt coming out of transition! The run course is a two loop course. Starting at the transition area, it goes along the beach roads, cuts into a neighborhood, comes back to beach roads, and then heads into the state park at the end of the island where you get to the turnaround point and head back the same way you came.

I accomplished one of my other goals at this point - start my run before the winner of the race finishes their race. I passed the winner coming down the home stretch about 4/10 mile from the finish line - I "beat" him. I saw my cheering crew at about mile .5 or so. They set up shop right outside our condo building - so our location couldn't have been much better. Stopped to get high fives and a kiss and then was off to run the first of two half-marathons. My strategy was to keep the HR in the 150s and to run the first 3 miles without stopping and then reevaluate and walk the aid stations which were spaced about a mile apart. As I hit the first mile marker, I looked at the watch and it was a 9min mile. Too fast to stick to my plan the whole way through. I was shooting for a 12min/mile pace figuring I would do some walking. Tried to slow it down but still kept doing 9:30'ish miles. Started walking the aid stations at mile 3. These stations were great as well. The volunteers were awesome. I was able to keep up this process of walking aid stations for pretty much the whole first loop. At the aid stations, I would alternate - one station take water, the next gatorade throughout. Only had 2 of my GUs on the run and none of the clif bars. I started realizing how hungry I was about halfway through that loop. So, I started grabbing pretzels as I passed aid stations - they helped a ton and wouldn't upset my stomach. By the end of the first loop I was starting to struggle a little bit. My belly was sloshing around something fierce from all the water and Gatorade I had ingested and I still felt starving. I stopped at the port a potties about 4 times total on the run. I tried a flat coke at one of the aid stations and that was awful. It reminded me of when I was a little kid and my Mom would give me coke to try to help after I had been sick/thrown up - not a good memory at this stage in the game. At the last aid station for the first loop I got chicken broth and water - that did the trick. So, I walked from that aid station to my cheering crew drinking my dinner. It was a nice walk break that finished when I got to the crew. Chatted for a couple secs with them and then ran to the turnaround to start the second half-marathon.

The two loop course was nice because people couldn't really get spread out or isolated. You were always around other participants (and you could always spot someone who looked worse than you felt to make you feel better). One of the tough parts about the two loop setup is that when you finish the first loop you turn right near the finish line and can hear the cheers and announcements for others who are finishing. You have the opportunity to get things out of a special needs bag you filled when you get to the halfway point of the race. I stopped and put my jacket on because, once again, it was getting very cold. Was going to change socks but didn't because the feet felt fine. Because sunset is so early this time of year in PCB (4:54 or something like that), they handed me a glow stick when I started the second loop. It was about to get real dark. During mile 14, struck up a conversation with a guy running my pace about hamburgers. It was amazing how hungry I got. Hadn't thought about the prospect of going 13-14 hours with no real food (by real I mean burgers or sub sandwiches). Our conversation sounded something like a Survivor reality show episode - "when I get back to civilization, I'm going to have a hamburger. Well I'm going to have cheese. I'm going to have pickles. I'm getting fries. I'm getting a frosty..."

At about mile 15 or 16 I started taking walk breaks between the aid stations because the legs were getting really tired at this point. When I got back to the park for the second go around it was pitch black out. They had lights set up in the park but typically only at aid stations. Fortunately, it was the night before a full moon, so there was a little natural light to help. At this point, I started to get a little disoriented and wobbly. I'm not sure if it was the lights playing tricks on my eyes or what, but that was the one time that I got scared about not finishing. I started to feel like I was losing my balance a little bit and veered to the right and left a little bit. At that point, I decided to walk the entire park to try and get my senses back. Met a couple of interesting people in the during that second loop in the park - a 53yo Navy guy from Nashville who was doing his third Ironman - he was on his first lap. He had signed up with 4 buddies but he's the only one who showed up at the starting line. Also a 57yo guy from Des Moines who just started doing triathlons this year and has done 8 including the Ironman - turns out his daughter was coming to UGA (my alma mater) for college and he had done work with my business school in the past.

Once I got out of the park, I started running again, but it was challenging at best. As I got back into one of the neighborhood sections, had to start the speed walking again (couldn't keep up with the lady speed walkers, though). Worked the aid stations for pretzels and chicken broth. When I got to mile 20, I finally gave in to the cookies they were offering at the aid stations. I figured if they were going to mess up my stomach, I could deal with it for 5 miles. They didn't and they tasted great. As I got out of the neighborhood and back to beach roads, I started running again, mixed in some walking and ran some more. Had one final walk break before the final mile - didn't want to walk it in with all those crowds. Started running and didn't stop.

First half of the run was good, second half not as good. Overall, pretty close to my goal pace.
What would you do differently?:

Push myself more on the second lap - my mind was probably my biggest limiter on that lap. Maybe take a bit more GU during the run as well.
Post race
Warm down:

As I started to run up the finishing chute, it was an amazing feeling. The crowd was awesome, there were tons of lights, music blasting and the announcer was talking it up! As I turned the final corner, I saw my crew! They had somehow managed to get position A (and B) in the crowd. Katie and my niece Ami were standing inside the fence and ready to run the last 20yds with me to the finish line. It was very cool! We ran to the finish, heard the announcer call me out (of course he said I was from Dracula GA instead of Dacula GA) and ran through the tape together! A little bummed that Mike Reilly was evidently on break when I came through so it was someone else who called my name. They even lowered the tape so the girls could break through it. One of the finish line volunteers quickly grabbed me to make sure I was coherent and not about to pass out. Told him I was good, got my bag of goodies and then a volunteer helped me change into dry clothes. What an amazing experience! I thought I would have wanted to hang out at the finish, but with the kids being beat from being out there cheering me all day and me starving for the cheeseburger I couldn't stop thinking about for the last 3hrs, we decided to head back to the condo. Dad came with me to help me get my gear and we walked back together. I took my stuff upstairs and he graciously stopped at the Wendy's across from our condo and got me my order - a triple cheeseburger meal with fries and a large drink and a single cheeseburger meal with fries and another large drink. Once back in the condo, I polished off both and we all talked about the day.

BEST part of the finish - The song playing when I crossed the line - Rod Stewart - "If you think I'm sexy, and you want my body, come on sugar let me know..."!!!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably just more training on the bike and run. I had omitted a few long runs do to work and travel. Could have done more mileage one the bike too in order to set myself up even better for the run.

Event comments:

I am an Ironman! Great Race. It all hit me as I was walking back to the condo and a teenager saw me and asked: "Hey dude, how's it feel to be an Ironman?"

Pretty Damn Good!!

Last updated: 2006-07-07 12:00 AM
01:12:39 | 4156 yards | 01m 45s / 100yards
Age Group: 148/409
Overall: 732/2192
Performance: Good
First lap was right near 36min. HR was low 160's when I looked at it in the water at the end of the first lap. Spiked to 173 when I got out to run across the beach.
Suit: Ironman Stealth
Course: 2 loop course with run across the beach in between. Water station is available (and needed due to the saltwater) between laps.
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Below average
Time: 11:33
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
06:32:46 | 112 miles | 17.11 mile/hr
Age Group: 313/409
Overall: 1474/2192
Performance: Good
Kept HR almost always in the 140s.
Wind: Headwind with gusts
Course: One loop. Very flat. Bridge was only real hill and even then it wasn't that much of a hill. There were some mild rollers in the first 50miles but very minimal. You make a right turn at mile 50 and hit an ever so slight decline in grade that is very nice. First half roads are nice, second half has some sketchy stuff. There is a very nice shoulder to ride on throughout and they sweep it the two days before the race.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Time: 07:55
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
05:20:41 | 26.2 miles | 12m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 309/409
Overall: 1508/2192
Performance: Average
First lap was around 2:10, second around 3:10. Kept the HR in the 150s throughout.
Course: Completely flat two looper.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

2006-11-09 7:07 PM

User image

Dacula, GA
Subject: Ironman Florida

2006-11-09 7:26 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Dude, what an awesome RR.

Congrats. That is so incredible.

2006-11-09 7:28 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Extreme Veteran
Green Bay, WI
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Congratulations, Ironman! You had an awesome race, especially overcoming how you were feeling on the run!
2006-11-09 7:51 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

The Original
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida

Jeff- great RR!  It was so good to meet you- I was surprised I never saw you on the run course!

I agree about getting passed on the bike by people riding fancy bikes and decked out in fancy tri gear.  I kept getting passed as well as I thought "at least I beat you at the swim!"

You had an excellent race!  It's so awesome not only that you finished, but you did the race for your mom and raised money for a great cause!  Congratulations again!  I hope you're still enjoying the moment!

And you're right- you finished to a great song! I bet you'll always remember the IM when you hear that son!

2006-11-09 8:11 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Pulaski TN
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
First Congrats Ironman. It was great to meet you and see you throughout the day. And I second the song awesome!!!
2006-11-09 9:32 PM
in reply to: #595064

Extreme Veteran
Cary, NC
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Congrats Ironman! So, you never mentioned you were a pro! Had fun meeting you last weekend.

2006-11-10 12:42 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

San Mateo, CA
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida

Very well done. 

2006-11-10 4:55 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Way to go! It's a huge accomplishment!
2006-11-10 6:09 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Frisco, Texas
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida

Congratulations on your IRONMAN finish.  "Hey dude, how's it feel to be an Ironman?"  That's a classic!


2006-11-10 6:32 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
You did a great job out there. It was nice to meet you.
2006-11-10 8:15 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Fantastic report! Congrats!!!

I wish I would've thought about Wendy's afterwards...that triple meal sounds good right now!

2006-11-10 8:40 AM
in reply to: #595406

User image

Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Awesome race, Jeff. Congrats Ironman!
2006-11-10 10:54 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Acworth, Georgia
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida

Great job, Jeff.  Great race report!  Congratulations on becoming an IRONMAN!

Gonna get a tat?

2006-11-10 7:52 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Nice work!!!! The "other thing you would have done differently" on the bike probably would have been get rid of that front brake egh?

Good work Ironman!
2006-11-11 5:09 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Awesome job and congratulations on your amazing fundraising!!! I got asked about the green number....I didn't realzie either......and our super cool low #...mystery solved..cause we did Janus. 

Edited by sue7013 2006-11-11 5:11 PM
2006-11-12 7:24 AM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Dothan, Alabama
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Great race and race report Ironman. Thanks for sharing your story. I bet that was an awesome cheeseburger after you were finished.

2006-11-12 4:54 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
you made me want a cheeseburger and all i'm doing is sitting in front of a computer at work!
great RR! enjoyable read - way to power through what sounded like a difficult run!
2007-01-25 11:53 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Awesome race report!!!   To bad the song at the finish wasn't "Cheeseburgers in Paradise"
2007-01-26 12:31 AM
in reply to: #595064

Columbus, Ohio
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Great race report!  Sounded like you had tons of fun!  So awesome that your kiddies got to come into the finish with you!
2007-01-27 6:40 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
Great race report!

Congratulations on becoming an Ironman!
2007-01-27 6:59 PM
in reply to: #595064

User image

Subject: RE: Ironman Florida
IMPRESSIVE!!! Wear your title of IRONMAN with pride!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman Florida Rss Feed