BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-04-11 3:40 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by amd723

It looks like Oiselle has some mark downs.

Already bought stuff!

Me too

Thanks for posting this - trying out some new shorts and sports bra. Love the idea of the 'toolbelt' shorts for Ironman! 

2022-04-13 11:14 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

I got out and raced at a 5K on Saturday.   My good 5K races have been 17:50's over the past 6-7 since I started Triathlon.  Based on the marathon and 2.6 mile races I did in the super shoes last month I thought that I would be about 30 seconds faster in nthe 5K.  I set a goal time at 7:20 and didn't race by the clock.  I raced as I would if I wasn't wearing a watch going off feel.  My official time was 17:13.  That was my fastest 5K in about 2 decades.  So...it looks like my goal pace for the run at Duathlon Nations is going to be a 36:30 for the opening 10K and an 18:15 for the closing 5K.  Now I just have to start training for the bike.  Ha..ha..ha..  Actually, the bike is probably going to be just fine.  I have been at it for 3 months and while I am not the best bike shape I have ever been in I will be ready to race. I just have to ride conservative and run smart.

That is one speedy result, wow!!  It will be exciting to see how you do at your duathlon!

2022-04-13 1:32 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

That is one speedy result, wow!!  It will be exciting to see how you do at your duathlon!

Thanks...it is getting close. :-)   

2022-04-15 12:00 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

April 16-17
No racers that I know of this week

Happy Easter, all!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-04-15 1:08 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

.we have a house full of guests. That is enough for me this weekend.
2022-04-15 1:13 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

My big plan is to actually ride my TT bike outside! Fingers crossed!

2022-04-15 3:53 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by ceilidh

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

My big plan is to actually ride my TT bike outside! Fingers crossed!

I bet you do it!!! I mean, you swam, you can do anything.
2022-04-15 8:38 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Hoping to get in an outdoor ride tomorrow. One of my favorite routes to/from an old covered bridge. Iffy weather forecast..... Will go if it doesn't look miserable or hazardous tomorrow morning. We have had HIDEOUS weather all week until today, with snow in some places on the valley floor and in the hills on Monday and Tuesday, multiple hailstorms Wednesday and Thursday, and temps near or below freezing every night. Ugh. It was finally sunny today, albeit not very warm (high 40's?) and I had a pleasant run after work.
2022-04-15 9:10 PM

User image

Expert

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

We are packing before a super crazy week. Otherwise laying low, we don't want to be part of an Eastern surge just before we travel. I also have a jury trial and will leaver strait from that to fly out Wednesday night.
2022-04-16 11:45 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Denver, Colorado
After several issues with Strava (on differnet devices, different systems) I decided to create new account and give it a one more chance. I did a ride yesterday with the new account and it worked! (previously, it would've shown some weird routes and say I rode/run 120 miles in 15 minutes, and even giving me a speed record awards for that...)

I will be adding you, just a heads-up. I am Marysia Grabowska with no profile picture. I will join the groups as well. i am actually super excited for being part of it on Strava. I remember it really motivated me to look at your acievements, it helped me get out and run/bike.
2022-04-16 1:22 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Expert
Marysia- I added the new you to my Strava.

I am discovering that there is a difference between new components and old components. I miss my bike. I may not say that a week from now, haha, but as of today, I miss my bike.

2022-04-19 7:28 PM

User image

So I have been quiet since my marathon two weeks ago. I'm on toddler duty. My wife and I have custody of our 4 yo grandson. She normally takes him to day care in the morning and pics him up in the evening. Occasionally her job requires her to work 13 and 14 hour days. Last week, this week, and next week is part of that occasionally. Therefore I have to get him up and do the morning things. After next week her schedule goes back to normal and I can start my 70.3 training.

I mentioned in my intro that my swimming is horrendous. We have a morning masters class on Monday and Friday at the local community center. The swim coach is also my tri team manager. I will start those classes in two weeks. I went one day last week when it was raining and I could not work, there is a noon class a couple days a week. It was a good class and I felt better about my swimming than I ever have.

On a side note, if you know anything about Ironman history then you know that Gordon Haller won the very first Ironman race. Gordon is not only on my team, but lives in our area. He has some really incredible stories.
2022-04-19 7:29 PM

User image

So I have been quiet since my marathon two weeks ago. I'm on toddler duty. My wife and I have custody of our 4 yo grandson. She normally takes him to day care in the morning and pics him up in the evening. Occasionally her job requires her to work 13 and 14 hour days. Last week, this week, and next week is part of that occasionally. Therefore I have to get him up and do the morning things. After next week her schedule goes back to normal and I can start my 70.3 training.

I mentioned in my intro that my swimming is horrendous. We have a morning masters class on Monday and Friday at the local community center. The swim coach is also my tri team manager. I will start those classes in two weeks. I went one day last week when it was raining and I could not work, there is a noon class a couple days a week. It was a good class and I felt better about my swimming than I ever have.

On a side note, if you know anything about Ironman history then you know that Gordon Haller won the very first Ironman race. Gordon is not only on my team, but lives in our area. He has some really incredible stories.
2022-04-20 7:24 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

We are packing before a super crazy week. Otherwise laying low, we don't want to be part of an Eastern surge just before we travel. I also have a jury trial and will leaver strait from that to fly out Wednesday night.

Safe travels -- for both you and your bike!

2022-04-20 7:24 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by marysia83 After several issues with Strava (on differnet devices, different systems) I decided to create new account and give it a one more chance. I did a ride yesterday with the new account and it worked! (previously, it would've shown some weird routes and say I rode/run 120 miles in 15 minutes, and even giving me a speed record awards for that...) I will be adding you, just a heads-up. I am Marysia Grabowska with no profile picture. I will join the groups as well. i am actually super excited for being part of it on Strava. I remember it really motivated me to look at your acievements, it helped me get out and run/bike.

Welcome to the Strava clubs!!!!

2022-04-20 7:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella Marysia- I added the new you to my Strava. I am discovering that there is a difference between new components and old components. I miss my bike. I may not say that a week from now, haha, but as of today, I miss my bike.

Who knew that upgraded/modern components would make a difference?!

2022-04-20 7:27 AM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by scoty So I have been quiet since my marathon two weeks ago. I'm on toddler duty. My wife and I have custody of our 4 yo grandson. She normally takes him to day care in the morning and pics him up in the evening. Occasionally her job requires her to work 13 and 14 hour days. Last week, this week, and next week is part of that occasionally. Therefore I have to get him up and do the morning things. After next week her schedule goes back to normal and I can start my 70.3 training. I mentioned in my intro that my swimming is horrendous. We have a morning masters class on Monday and Friday at the local community center. The swim coach is also my tri team manager. I will start those classes in two weeks. I went one day last week when it was raining and I could not work, there is a noon class a couple days a week. It was a good class and I felt better about my swimming than I ever have. On a side note, if you know anything about Ironman history then you know that Gordon Haller won the very first Ironman race. Gordon is not only on my team, but lives in our area. He has some really incredible stories.

I'm glad to hear that you found a masters swim group that works for you. I know a lot of people who have had very good success with them. Fingers crossed that you end up among those swimmers!

2022-04-20 8:02 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella

April 16-17

Happy Easter, all!

Safe travels -- for both you and your bike!

x2!

2022-04-20 9:13 AM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by scoty So I have been quiet since my marathon two weeks ago. I'm on toddler duty. My wife and I have custody of our 4 yo grandson. She normally takes him to day care in the morning and pics him up in the evening. Occasionally her job requires her to work 13 and 14 hour days. Last week, this week, and next week is part of that occasionally. Therefore I have to get him up and do the morning things. After next week her schedule goes back to normal and I can start my 70.3 training. I mentioned in my intro that my swimming is horrendous. We have a morning masters class on Monday and Friday at the local community center. The swim coach is also my tri team manager. I will start those classes in two weeks. I went one day last week when it was raining and I could not work, there is a noon class a couple days a week. It was a good class and I felt better about my swimming than I ever have. On a side note, if you know anything about Ironman history then you know that Gordon Haller won the very first Ironman race. Gordon is not only on my team, but lives in our area. He has some really incredible stories.
So glad you found a good fit with a masters class and with Ironman royalty to boot!  Hope you keep seeing and feeling improvements with your swim.

2022-04-20 6:28 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
I had a hell of a tax season including some surgery (all good now) but I'm so freaking wiped out. I'm just trying to catch up on sleep and get back into a good routine.

DH and I signed up for Dopey....so gotta get training It'll be my first marathon without a swim and bike first! WOOT!

so what did I miss?
2022-04-21 6:08 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk I had a hell of a tax season including some surgery (all good now) but I'm so freaking wiped out. I'm just trying to catch up on sleep and get back into a good routine. DH and I signed up for Dopey....so gotta get training It'll be my first marathon without a swim and bike first! WOOT! so what did I miss?

Just a 5k, a 10k, and a half marathon

I'm sure that you'll have a blast!

2022-04-21 1:32 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk I had a hell of a tax season including some surgery (all good now) but I'm so freaking wiped out. I'm just trying to catch up on sleep and get back into a good routine. DH and I signed up for Dopey....so gotta get training It'll be my first marathon without a swim and bike first! WOOT! so what did I miss?
Wowsers!!  Get some well-deserved rest, then get training!

2022-04-22 7:03 AM
in reply to: #5279172

User image

Expert
I have my bib number. 1459. As always I will have my hype person/social media director and head of marketing Michelle Bacarella posting is Facebook Saturday If you follow me you can get her perspective
2022-04-22 7:12 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella I have my bib number. 1459. As always I will have my hype person/social media director and head of marketing Michelle Bacarella posting is Facebook Saturday If you follow me you can get her perspective

I reinstalled the Ironman app.  Consider yourself stalked!

Did the bike make it?  And, of course, I have to ask about the water temperature

2022-04-22 7:44 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Chattanooga participants -- do you follow The C.O.W.S. (Chattanooga Open Water Swimmers) on Facebook?  There is a little bit of pre race swim chat going on today.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 29136 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93