BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-11-29 1:14 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Have you been following the 2023 Ironman World Championship rumors? It sound like there are *strong* rumors that the men's WC will be in Nice and the women's in Kona.  But they've been giving qualifying slots to the WC and specifically saying that it's in Kona. Some people are kinda upset!

I have not been following  - slowtwitch? I wouldn't put it past IM to pull a switcharoo!!

Yes, Slowtwitch.

I'm *shocked* that they do not have better customer service!

2022-11-29 1:38 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Have you been following the 2023 Ironman World Championship rumors? It sound like there are *strong* rumors that the men's WC will be in Nice and the women's in Kona.  But they've been giving qualifying slots to the WC and specifically saying that it's in Kona. Some people are kinda upset!

I have not been following  - slowtwitch? I wouldn't put it past IM to pull a switcharoo!!

Yes, Slowtwitch.

I'd be PISSED.

But that's not a me problem :D
2022-11-29 2:13 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Yes, Slowtwitch.

I'd be PISSED. But that's not a me problem :D

You are not alone.

Someone wrote, "Nice sounds great, but I have already booked accommodations for Kona, and I don't really have a burning desire to go to Nice next year. My registration confirmation says Kona all over it and gives the date for the men's race in Kona. During slot allocation they ask who wants to go to "Kona" not who wants to go to "an as yet to be determined location for a World Championship race"."

Another wrote, "Ironman, you REALLY screwed up giving away slots and taking my $1,500 for a race that you had no idea that you could deliver. Absolute bait and switch, way worse than the poorly handled covid deferrals."

A few people pointed out: "Registration for Legacy eligible athletes was supposed to open today. They sent out an email yesterday putting it on hold. "

This one made me laugh though: "Me and thousands of others already have flights, hotels, cars, time off, etc. for October 14th in Kona."  Thousands? Really?

2022-11-29 2:21 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

Someone wrote, "Nice sounds great, but I have already booked accommodations for Kona, and I don't really have a burning desire to go to Nice next year. My registration confirmation says Kona all over it and gives the date for the men's race in Kona. During slot allocation they ask who wants to go to "Kona" not who wants to go to "an as yet to be determined location for a World Championship race"."

Another wrote, "Ironman, you REALLY screwed up giving away slots and taking my $1,500 for a race that you had no idea that you could deliver. Absolute bait and switch, way worse than the poorly handled covid deferrals."

A few people pointed out: "Registration for Legacy eligible athletes was supposed to open today. They sent out an email yesterday putting it on hold. "

This one made me laugh though: "Me and thousands of others already have flights, hotels, cars, time off, etc. for October 14th in Kona."  Thousands? Really?

Seems like a lot of people are getting worked up over a rumor. Of course, I'd probably be one of those people  Let's hope IM isn't true to form in its screw everyone attitude and if Nice is really true it is for the following year.  

2022-11-29 2:25 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

Seems like a lot of people are getting worked up over a rumor. Of course, I'd probably be one of those people  Let's hope IM isn't true to form in its screw everyone attitude and if Nice is really true it is for the following year.  

Well.... The Nice rumor has been out there for a while. And then there is the pausing registration for legacy athletes. So who knows? Interesting view from the sidelines. Not something I have to worry about!

2022-11-29 2:27 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

Well.... The Nice rumor has been out there for a while. And then there is the pausing registration for legacy athletes. So who knows? Interesting view from the sidelines. Not something I have to worry about!

It's always interesting to watch a train wreck

2022-11-30 8:16 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

as long as you're not in it!!
2022-11-30 8:19 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

No kidding! 

Update: more outlets, including Pro Tri News, have confirmed this.  Most recent rumor is IM press release today.

2022-11-30 9:11 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

No kidding! 

Update: more outlets, including Pro Tri News, have confirmed this.  Most recent rumor is IM press release today.

Slowtwitch will be hopping!

ETA: I'm going to guess that when/if this happens anyone who is currently signed up for Kona 2023 will be able to defer to 2024. If those people have plane tickets or any non-refundable cost it will be too bad our terms of service say we can do what we want.

Edited by amd723 2022-11-30 9:13 AM
2022-11-30 9:13 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

No kidding! 

It's already hopping!  It may go completely off the rails at 12:01 today.

2022-11-30 2:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

No kidding! 

Looks like it's "official." No announcement from IM yet but there is this...

Women in Kona
Men TBD
Date(s) TBD

Edited by jmkizer 2022-11-30 2:21 PM

(Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.24.54 PM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.24.54 PM.png (970KB - 4 downloads)

2022-12-01 7:24 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Yes, Slowtwitch.

You are not alone.

No kidding! 

Looks like it's "official." No announcement from IM yet but there is this...

Women in Kona
Men TBD
Date(s) TBD

Ironman organization never ceases to disappoint
2022-12-02 9:05 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Wow, I just looked in the Forums section for the first time in a very, very long time and I see they are for the most part ghost towns.  I remember 'back in the day' reading and participating in the forums was a daily routine.  I guess people gravitated to groups such as these, or else left the site altogether.

And Robin, your comment was priceless: "Ironman organization never ceases to disappoint" LOL

2022-12-02 11:52 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by melbo55

Wow, I just looked in the Forums section for the first time in a very, very long time and I see they are for the most part ghost towns.  I remember 'back in the day' reading and participating in the forums was a daily routine.  I guess people gravitated to groups such as these, or else left the site altogether.

And Robin, your comment was priceless: "Ironman organization never ceases to disappoint" LOL

Many of the people who were active posting have left the site or the sport. I also think that for a lot of people that "life happens" and they have gotten into different places career/ family wise. They may log their workouts to keep the metrics --but there are so many other options for workouts with Strava, Garmin, all the online coaching options that, quite frankly are better than what this site now offers.

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Many of the people who were active posting have left the site or the sport. I also think that for a lot of people that "life happens" and they have gotten into different places career/ family wise. They may log their workouts to keep the metrics --but there are so many other options for workouts with Strava, Garmin, all the online coaching options that, quite frankly are better than what this site now offers.

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

2022-12-02 11:59 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4
Several 5k runners out there this weekend!

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-12-02 11:59 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by QueenZipp

We're still here! 

2022-12-02 12:21 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Go racers go!

2022-12-02 1:07 PM

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Still in recovery from this respiratory infection. I highly recommend not getting it if you can avoid.
2022-12-02 5:22 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alaskatri

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Still in recovery from this respiratory infection. I highly recommend not getting it if you can avoid.

UGH! Feel better soon.

2022-12-02 8:59 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Depending on how you feel about sitting in a box in the woods by yourself, I'm hunting this weekend.
2022-12-02 9:13 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Not a hunter but the box in the woods by oneself part actually sounds really nice, as long as I could bring a good book, snacks, and plenty of hand and toe warmers.
2022-12-03 4:19 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by ceilidh

Robin P and Janyne (and anyone else interested), Cycle North Carolina Mountain Ride 2023 is in Lake Lure.  I won't be able to do it , but you two have no excuse! 

I guess ill have to do it. I know where I will stay! (Anyone else who wants to come and stay - house is free, cabins get a friend and family discount)

I can sherpa and  cheer if the weekend fits my schedule

YES!!! And there is wonderful hiking in the area, too! Not to mention the lake.

Trying to imagine what the routes could look like and what I've come up with is ...hard!

I know!! I'm not sure that I could do 3 days of riding that were so hilly without feeling dead.

The main event is Saturday and Sunday, so just 2 days of riding which means it's really easy Actually, you don't have to ride both days and each day has different length rides, so you can pick your poison. Of the 3 times I've participated 2x I've only ridden one day. Though one of those times I did an unofficial second day, short route.  

When is this event taking place??
2022-12-03 4:26 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Hi All

I have been slacking on reading the group forum due to travel, work, life, etc.

1. Congrats on IMAZ Randee! I did that race x 2 way back in the day. I love Tempe!

2. IM Championships -> change sucks. I was fortunate enough to be a spectator for my husband who did it back in 2007. Kona is a quaint town. I cannot imagine how busy it must have felt this year with all the racers. It's too bad they are splitting the men and women and putting the races in two different locations. Lots of men/women train together and if you qualify, even if your race is on a different day it's fun to cheer each other on. Seems like now if you have any 'hopes' of qualifying and really want to do the race when it's in Kona you will have to strategically plan what year you do a qualifying IM. Most of us AG-ers don't have Kona on our radar but I am just thinking for those who do. I wonder if IM will see a decrease in registration?

3. Cycle NC event in Lake Lure -> when is this taking place? I might be interested!

4. Nothing big planned for me this weekend however I am OW swimming today. It's going to feel chilly!

Leanne
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 26560 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93